Aly & AJ - "After Hours"

computer.boy

• ATRL Moderator

Honestly, I've loved just about every sound they've explored. From the pop/rock ITR and Insomniatic, to the heavier guitars and vocals from 78v, to the indie alternative of Hothouse, synth pop from Ten Years through Sanctuary (though that remains their weakest effort in my opinion next to AOP/JOA) to A Touch of the Beat and this more pop/americana sound on the pre-releases from With Love From. I definitely understand people having preferences, but I always think they deliver regardless of what soundscape they are operating in. Hoping more people warm up to this song when it drops in full, I'm personally really excited though! 

54 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

Honestly, I've loved just about every sound they've explored. From the pop/rock ITR and Insomniatic, to the heavier guitars and vocals from 78v, to the indie alternative of Hothouse, synth pop from Ten Years through Sanctuary (though that remains their weakest effort in my opinion next to AOP/JOA) to A Touch of the Beat and this more pop/americana sound on the pre-releases from With Love From. I definitely understand people having preferences, but I always think they deliver regardless of what soundscape they are operating in. Hoping more people warm up to this song when it drops in full, I'm personally really excited though! 

Don't worry, people will switch once they listen to the whole album, they always do because we all know how good this girls are. 

And yes, you are absolutely right about how AoP/JoA are superior than the two EPs released prior. 

I wonder if they have more songs from the AoP/JoA sessions. Thats the sound that fit the most to them imo. 

21 minutes ago, Roger said:

I wonder if they have more songs from the AoP/JoA sessions. Thats the sound that fit the most to them imo. 

I wish we had an album like this before A Touch Of The Beat. 

2 hours ago, SpaceOddity said:

I wish we had an album like this before A Touch Of The Beat. 

Me too, at least a nice five songs EP with that sound. 

• ATRL Moderator

Another snippet!

Perched for Wednesday 

• ATRL Moderator

Cannot wait to listen :wanda:

• ATRL Moderator

UGH I just want to listen to the full thing so badly 

44 minutes ago, computer.boy said:

Ah, this is actually pretty cute! 

Kinda lazy though, imo.

• ATRL Moderator

Love the vocals on this, WHEW the verses are absolutely immaculate :jamming:

Better than Baby, miles better, what a bop. 

• ATRL Moderator

On repeat (alongside Paramore's record) I am truly getting FED this year :jamming:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.