Current MPGs whose biopic will be interesting?

Safe&Sound

Britney. She's the only one whose life has been dramatic enough to merit a major movie studio biopic. MAYBE Beyonce but "my husband cheated on me" just isn't enough. Look at the people who have gotten/will get biopics. You always need their life to be extremely dramatic

Tina Turner = decades long domestic abuse

Madonna = mother died as a child, moved to NYC penniless where she was raped, mentors/friends die of AIDS, controversy, threatened to be arrested on stage, Sean Penn abusive husband

Freddie Mercury = gay, drug addict, died of AIDS 

Elton = gay, major drug addict

MJ = do I even need to say?

Whitney = major drug addict who eventually died from it, volatile relationship w/ Bobby Brown

Aretha = teenage mother, major trailblazer for black women during the era of civil rights and association with MLK Jr, abusive husband

Amy Winehouse = severe drug addict, dies from it

I love Taylor, Gaga and Beyonce but what's the great dramatic arc of their lives that can make a great film? They were both born in fairly privileged backgrounds, became a star and conquered the world but what's the fundamental struggle behind them that would make a great 2 hour film? With Madonna it's constantly seeking the love that a mother could not provide from the public, and braving the odds to move to NYC without a cent and somehow making it. Even with her I'd say it's not as strong and clear-cut as some of the others above. They will have to work hard to avoid it becoming a puff piece without dramatic heft towards the end. With Whitney it's whether or not her talent and passion and drive can overcome her demons (sadly she did not). With MJ it's how someone can become the most beloved person on the planet and then the most ridiculed and attacked and how it destroyed him, his movie will be a tragedy, but it's a great story even if it's a sad one. Gaga, Beyonce, Katy, etc just don't have that kind of oomph in their stories.

But Britney does. Even then I'd say her story might work best as a kind of artsier take where it's about one journalist or even paparazzi who manages to get into her inner circle in the dark days of 2007. A straight up chronological biopic might be too cheesy because even despite all the things that happened to her, with movies it's got to be life or death, those are the stakes that make a truly great film. 'What's Love Got to Do With It' is still one of the best music biopics because at the end Ike points a gun at her and she refuses to submit and instead tells him to F himself and calmly walks out the room. THAT's what film is about. Or Bohemian Rhapsody, where Freddie learns he is going to die of AIDS and decides to perform anyway. That's the level of drama you need for a great film, life and death and transcendence. Anything less it's not worth making.

None. The current crop seems to have come from nicer beginnings and avoided most of the shadiness that clouded the industry before social media.

This is a good thing btw. Justin Bieber would probably have a better biopic than any current women would (and I don't even like him)

Only Rihanna, Katy, Shakira, and maybe Taylor, everybody else is either documented to the point where we already know details of their lives, or it would feel exploitative especially for those like Brtiney. Beyonace, we already know everything about her journey to the top,.literally it all documented. However if it is from the destiny child  era, and all of the girls(even Miss Farrah) had say in it instead.of just Beyonce it would be great or even a masterpiece. 

Gaga for sure.

The journey from her grind to become a pop star, to becoming the biggest star in the world, to nearly losing it all with ARTPOP, to rebuilding herself with CTC and becoming an acclaimed actress. All documented with her battles of depression, PTSD & chronic pain along the way. She has the transformative arc and plenty of iconic moments to make for memorable scenes.

Edited by Chaos Angel

probably Rihanna, she has the strongest/most sensational story:

poverty and an abusive dad -> lucky audition in Barbados -> signed by Jay-Z -> one-hit wonder narrative -> label doubting her -> Umbrella breakout/rebellion -> domestic violence victim/survivor at age 20 -> bankrupted/scammed by her manager -> rebound with "Loud"/"Talk That Talk" -> selling out stadiums with "Unapologetic" + Icon Award -> fashion industry domination in 2014/15 -> ANTI -> revolutionized the beauty industry (FB) -> Savage X Fenty -> first woman to launch LVMH fashion house -> becomes Billionaire -> pregnancy (had the world shook, revolutionized pregnancy fashion)