Normani

URBAN

2 minutes ago, remming said:

Yes, i saw Kwasi like a few tweets on twitter about a Visual album which would be amazing. That would bring a lot of attention to the album too.

Her make up artist Rokael beauty confirmed there is a 1:59 video and that he can't wait for it to drop. I think people are wondering if candy paint has a video.

See she sucks at hinting and communication because I read the Q&A as there not being a video, but the something special is a visual album? That'll certainly garner her much more attention release week. Things will start to make more sense as we get closer to release week.

• Like 3

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• nooniebao

Posted (edited)

I personally don't get the strategy behind the release. If she were going for a visual album then a surprise release would've made more sense. Why waste everybody's time waiting for a date when you aren't going to release any of the visuals until the entire project is released. I just hope that she has God and whoever else on her side because I'm starting to see every body in her lane start to get more recognition. If it isn't Tyla getting viral posts and Tiktok's. It's Tinashe's song getting viral out of thin air. I just think she should just drop the damn album and release another one next year. I think this album just needs to come out at this point so she can move on with her career.The whole teasing thing isn't even making sense in the grand scheme of things. People only want the music we don't even know Normani enough to get excited over her posting these same photoshoots every time. I think Lydia's management style works better for an outgoing artist like Coco and Doja. Who are very expressive. 

Edited by justifymythreads
  • Thumbs Down 4

9 hours ago, wildsidenormani said:

no babes 

not at this rate 

How the hell is the video not ready? The song has been done for two years at this point :deadbanana2: RCA is such trash 

It's insane how people find something to nag about all the time. How many times can the same thing be said in different ways. You would think the album isn't coming out with the way some of y'all are moving. I am Super excited for the upcoming music and performances.  It's her season and I can't be convinced otherwise. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Lilaislight said:

It's insane how people find something to nag about all the time. How many times can the same thing be said in different ways. You would think the album isn't coming out with the way some of y'all are moving. I am Super excited for the upcoming music and performances.  It's her season and I can't be convinced otherwise. 

I think everyone is still really excited about music. i don't know why some people think mentioning that the rollout could be better is hate. I don't think you guys understand that artists still get dropped?? I'm not saying she will be dropped but wanting her to have the best rollout so she can actually sell isn't nagging or hate. :deadbanana:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, AFullMoonlight said:

She's lipping to 1:59? Why would she have Gunna in a trailer video for three seconds? Surely there has to be a full video?

it looks like most of that teaser is from the 1:59 video. i

feel like the candy paint part at the end will be a teaser like how SZA teased Good Days at the end of Hit Different

if kwasi is liking tweets there will be visuals im sure

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, remming said:

I think everyone is still really excited about music. i don't know why some people think mentioning that the rollout could be better is hate. I don't think you guys understand that artists still get dropped?? I'm not saying she will be dropped but wanting her to have the best rollout so she can actually sell isn't nagging or hate. :deadbanana:

Anything anyone does can always be better. And when people deliberately pay attention to that aspect of whatever anyone is releasing or doing and make it a point to become hyper critical , that's very annoying to me. I never said it was hate. It's just takes the fun out of the consuming the art and people start to miss the big picture which is that she is finally releasing music. A whole debut album. For years that's all ppl wanted. We could get really good news and no matter what a complaint will be made. Maybe that's just the nature of this thread and her fans but it's annoying. Your opinion about her rollout is yours. I just want the music and performances which she will be providing so I'm good. I've waited too long for this album to have my focus be on things and processes I have no idea about. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lilaislight said:

Anything anyone does can always be better. And when people deliberately pay attention to that aspect of whatever anyone is releasing or doing and make it a point to become hyper critical , that's very annoying to me. I never said it was hate. It's just takes the fun out of the consuming the art and people start to miss the big picture which is that she is finally releasing music. A whole debut album. For years that's all ppl wanted. We could get really good news and no matter what a complaint will be made. Maybe that's just the nature of this thread and her fans but it's annoying. Your opinion about her rollout is yours. I just want the music and performances which she will be providing so I'm good. I've waited too long for this album to have my focus be on things and processes I have no idea about. 

ITA with you when you say the critizing can very annoying. There are times I look in here, get annoyed and then just leave the thread because it seems like the same convo over and over but until the actual album is out and videos are released, there's not much talk that will probably be happening in here. It probably also wouldn't be happening if 1:59 was charting but since it's not.... :toofunny2:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lilaislight said:

10 hours ago, Lilaislight said:

I get this. I don't understand the "she's going to get dropped" crowd. RCA could've dropped her already. They haven't. We have no numbers to work with, so to say whether or not she's a financial burden to them is just wrong. RCA was stilling willing to give 1:59 decent playlisting. The only thing we know for sure is that they've had creative differences. I get wanting more content, but this is still exciting for me. We're getting three songs in one month. Maybe if she hadn't announced the album so far ahead in the year, some of the fans wouldn't be so agitated. However, had she not announced the album with those earlier interviews coming out, they would've been even more agitated. A lose-lose situation for her. I believe once the album is here the conversation will change. At least I hope that is the case. The ones who care more about success than the music itself will either jump ship to an artist they feel is doing better number wise anyway so who cares really. We're getting Dopamine! 

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, AFullMoonlight said:

I get this. I don't understand the "she's going to get dropped" crowd. RCA could've dropped her already. They haven't. We have no numbers to work with, so to say whether or not she's a financial burden to them is just wrong. RCA was stilling willing to give 1:59 decent playlisting. The only thing we know for sure is that they've had creative differences. I get wanting more content, but this is still exciting for me. We're getting three songs in one month. Maybe if she hadn't announced the album so far ahead in the year, some of the fans wouldn't be so agitated. However, had she not announced the album with those earlier interviews coming out, they would've been even more agitated. A lose-lose situation for her. I believe once the album is here the conversation will change. At least I hope that is the case. The ones who care more about success than the music itself will either jump ship to an artist they feel is doing better number wise anyway so who cares really. We're getting Dopamine! 

Nope. That's not most of us are agitated about. I personally wouldn't be upset about the early announcement had it actually come with some music in-between. Of course we got 1:59 which is in itself is a bop but it's sort of forgettable. We needed her to make a statement with her first release back. If anything 1:59 could've came out the following week and then maybe this trailer a couple weeks after that. The initial hype has died down. So much of the content that we were given the last couple of weeks should've been moved up by a week or 2. Then let's get some interviews sprinkled in. Voila! A better less disjointed rollout. Normani and her needs to work on her timing. Because compared to 5h/their team she has had the most unorthodox rollouts ever with none of it benefitting her or the release. You want to drum up hype and keep building on it not wait for it to die down and sit idle. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

38 minutes ago, justifymythreads said:

Nope. That's not most of us are agitated about. I personally wouldn't be upset about the early announcement had it actually come with some music in-between. Of course we got 1:59 which is in itself is a bop but it's sort of forgettable. We needed her to make a statement with her first release back. If anything 1:59 could've came out the following week and then maybe this trailer a couple weeks after that. The initial hype has died down. So much of the content that we were given the last couple of weeks should've been moved up by a week or 2. Then let's get some interviews sprinkled in. Voila! A better less disjointed rollout. Normani and her needs to work on her timing. Because compared to 5h/their team she has had the most unorthodox rollouts ever with none of it benefitting her or the release. You want to drum up hype and keep building on it not wait for it to die down and sit idle. 

This whole comment is proving my point. Had she announced the album a week or two before dropping 1:59 then most of the critiques wouldn't be happening because everything would be happening in a two month time span.

45 minutes ago, justifymythreads said:

It's always specific ppl that come in here and state the "hype died down" then she releases and people are "hyped again". Everyone is so very fickle so i wouldn't count on hype in today's time. Her trailer is about to surpass another someone's trailer who released theirs 2 weeks before her since y'all like comparing her to other people. As long as Normani exist, she will have "hype". That's the one thing she is good at creating and she doesn't even do it on purpose or try hard. it's always gonna be a lose lose situation w her. She gave content and music just not the way y'all wanted and that's ok. Ppl will continue to be hyper critical and I've excepted it but I'm not buying into it. I'm still excited for the main thing which is the music.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Lilaislight said:

It's always specific ppl that come in here and state the "hype died down" then she releases and people are "hyped again". Everyone is so very fickle so i wouldn't count on hype in today's time. Her trailer is about to surpass another someone's trailer who released theirs 2 weeks before her since y'all like comparing her to other people. As long as Normani exist, she will have "hype". That's the one thing she is good at creating and she doesn't even do it on purpose or try hard. it's always gonna be a lose lose situation w her. She gave content and music just not the way y'all wanted and that's ok. Ppl will continue to be hyper critical and I've excepted it but I'm not buying into it. I'm still excited for the main thing which is the music.

Let me re-phrase that then. When I mean "hype" I mean interest. Of course Normani can draw a crowd but let's not be daft. Normani is a very shy and not as outspoken as her peers. Which lends her to being placed sometimes in the background. Like I mentioned some pages back we have many stars that are in a similar lane as our girl. I think we know her strengths and I think she does too. However, if you know your strength lies in visuals why announce just to go silent for like a month and a half. Then comeback haphazardly with a single with no visuals. If anything 1:59 should've accompanied the trailer or had one drop a week before the other. To keep the interest there. I'm not saying this as a naysayer I'm saying this as a person who sees trends and keeping the audience engaged and talking is good for promotion as well as interest. That's all. 

Edited by justifymythreads
  • Like 2

On 5/24/2024 at 10:30 AM, WheresJay said:

Not happening 

Why are you sooo quiet this era ? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Candy Painted said:

Why are you sooo quiet this era ? 

I mean why would he spoil things when the whole album is coming out in 3 weeks

• Like 5

I feel like there's too much time spend trying to rationalize Normani and her team's actions when Normani's career has been unpredictable as hell. Also, nothing done so far seems like a normal team. Things are just happening on random days and we all react to it.

Maybe once the era fully starts, things will become more predictable then we can ask and theorize why (x) isn't happening instead of (y). Right now, it just seems like they have a plan, just not one fans are happy about since it's completely dark on what's next.

Good news is, Candy Paint seems to be coming so there's that. :bird:

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Flare said:

I feel like there's too much time spend trying to rationalize Normani and her team's actions when Normani's career has been unpredictable as hell. Also, nothing done so far seems like a normal team. Things are just happening on random days and we all react to it.

Maybe once the era fully starts, things will become more predictable then we can ask and theorize why (x) isn't happening instead of (y). Right now, it just seems like they have a plan, just not one fans are happy about since it's completely dark on what's next.

Good news is, Candy Paint seems to be coming so there's that. :bird:

My thoughts exactly, saving my complaining for the week before and release week:lakitu:

1 minute ago, scrltwtch said:

My thoughts exactly, saving my complaining for the week before and release week:lakitu:

Though the absence of physical pre-orders less than 3 weeks out does make me a bit nervous:coffee:

i'm just ready for pre-orders to be up with the tracklist. to see the Dopamine page on both AM and Spotify lol. i need more proof that we're fully in the era 😂 otherwise i'm pretty calm cause we're so close to release week.

very excited for the Rolling Stone story which i think will drop release week, if not exactly on release day

• Like 5

i think ppl just want normani and her team to make this album release feel like an album? lol. i definitely am one of those people who like to be positive and don't wanna complain but there's an album coming out and sometimes how radio silent she is…. ion like it.

but a visual album would be cool and worth the wait.

i hope that rolling stone story comes with a cover…

On 5/24/2024 at 10:30 AM, WheresJay said:

Not happening 

As we are 18 days away from the album, i wanna thank you wheresjay for always keeping us excited. We would love if you start giving one hint daily about album like a subtle hint or anything until the album releases. It would be fun for us 🖤

• Like 1

we are also supposedly less than 4 days till Candy Paint is released . hope we get official confirmation by tomorrow at the latest. today is a holiday so we might not get anything today.

Where did this rumour about a potential push back come from? Or are people just making **** up for the sake of it on here :rip: 

Since we are closer to release date, I'm assuming we'll get "something" —a preview or a clip, or maybe another "dose"—every Wednesday or Thursday until the release. First dose was released last Wed, right?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.