• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dabbyy

• Yudelkis

• SavagePapi

• insomniac

11 hours ago, Yudelkis said:

Really I feel like a lot of Puerto Ricans don't like her or even hate her !

Why there is no JLo Day in Puerto Rico like Rihanna got Rihanna Day in Barbedos ?

@Rican @SavagePapi 

She is very known but is view as not being “Rican” enough. 

It has to do that she isn’t a island born Rican.

She has never live there.

Spent the majority of her prime catering to English pop music. 

She only performed there once during her prime lol

So yea I can understand why the Island of Puerto Rico doesn’t give J.Lo her flowers like Barbados does with Rihanna. 

2 hours ago, insomniac said:

You're not excited about Shotgun?

I'm more excited about the mother now ... it's more my genre and the release date is closer lol

1 hour ago, Rican said:

She is very known but is view as not being “Rican” enough. 

It has to do that she isn’t a island born Rican.

She has never live there.

Spent the majority of her prime catering to English pop music. 

She only performed there once during her prime lol

So yea I can understand why the Island of Puerto Rico doesn’t give J.Lo her flowers like Barbados does with Rihanna. 

Some of the reasons you stated as to why PR doesn't give her her flowers is kind of strange. Also, when do you qualify as "Rican enough". Lol. To reply to two of your reasons:

"Spent the majority of her prime catering to English pop music."

She was raised mostly English speaking by her Puerto Rican parents and was starting to take Hollywood by storm in movies before singing. Those were all English language movies too (Selena, Blood & Wine, U-Turn, Out Of Sight) except for Mi Familia and maybe a few Spanish lines in Selena. She then entered the music scene and became part of what is now dubbed the Latin Explosion in 1999. Her first "raggedy demo" submitted to Sony was in Spanish, but the label wanted her to sing in English. However, she was still able to fight for Spanish songs on her record, as the debut album had two (No Me Ames, Una Noche Mas), while her second album had three (Dame, Carino, Si Ya Se Acabo). It's true majority of her prime was English songs because those songs became the greatest hits worldwide. Hence, she focused more in English music until she reconnected with Marc Anthony and released her first Spanish album in 2007. Would she be more respected by the people of PR if all of her songs were in Spanish? Hate to say it but she probably wouldn't be as successful in music if she hadn't.

"She only performed there once during her prime lol"

Actually, J.Lo never toured during her prime. Not in North America, Europe or Asia, not anywhere. This means that her first and only true concerts in her prime were the two concerts she did in Puerto Rico for the Let's Get Loud DVD. Both nights sold out at Roberto Clemente Stadium in Puerto Rico. She selected that location out of all places because of her family ties to PR. When she finally did her first (and only) world tour for Dance Again, The Greatest Hits, she also performed 2 nights at José Miguel Agrelot Coliseum. I'm just mentioning this to make the point that she didn't specifically pay PR dust but actually made it a point to perform there and even have her first concerts there! J.Lo wasn't solely a music star in her prime, she was a very popular actress pumping out a few movies each year. This prohibited her from touring anywhere really.

And some other stuff....

When hurricanes Irma and Maria hit Puerto Rico, she donated $1 Million to relief efforts and went on a media tour to get attention to PR because she felt it wasn't getting enough attention. She made it a point to raise awareness and even hosted a disaster relief telethon using her connections at NBC and Univision and inviting celebrity friends like Kim Kardashian, Ciara, Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens, Bethenny Frankel, Jamie Foxx, Heidi Klum, Bruno Mars, Demi Lovato, Ellen DeGeneres and Gwen Stefani. It helped raise another 35$ Million for Puerto Rico relief.

She's always given PR her love and her shows there have been sold out, which should indicate that she's loved there enough @Yudelkis. Btw, I think you were wrong to quote @Rican in our base, who has honestly been shown to be kind of a J.Lo hater on this forum. Just cause this member is Puerto Rican and has a voice on ATRL doesn't mean they represent all the people of PR. I mean, our good sis @SavagePapi is Puerto Rican as well and loves her. 

1 hour ago, Dabbyy said:

I'm more excited about the mother now ... it's more my genre and the release date is closer lol

I'm super excited for that film as well!

3 hours ago, Rican said:

She made the island famous, I live in Europe no ones can find where PR is in a map.

JLo and Ricky Martin are the reason why people in my country knows PR.

Marc Anthony is not big as her in Europe.

I always seen here at the PR parade of NYC.

So she deserve.

1 hour ago, Yudelkis said:

She made the island famous, I live in Europe no ones can find where PR is in a map.

JLo and Ricky Martin are the reason why people in my country knows PR.

Marc Anthony is not big as her in Europe.

I always seen here at the PR parade of NYC.

So she deserve.

She had a date in PR for the It's My Party tour but she cancelled it last minute :rip:

20 hours ago, insomniac said:

I'm super excited for that film as well!

yees ! plus the high budget ! her first since like forever !

16 hours ago, hardbrit said:

She had a date in PR for the It's My Party tour but she cancelled it last minute :rip:

Really? I never knew that! 

4 minutes ago, Dabbyy said:

yees ! plus the high budget ! her first since like forever !

Omg I know! She’s filmed in like 4 countries for it too. So exciting. She looks like a badass assassin too!

25312883555066e3fae9e8fd533e7349.jpg

Can we get some love for Brave in here? I keep coming back to it as one of my favorite albums of hers, although I love This is me then and JLO too obviously. 

Stay Together, Forever, The Way It Is - they all feel so quintessentially JLo. 

Also the cover art was so cool and the single artwork also matched which was a dream. 

What’s your fave song from Brave?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3HeVCwGW5mCiPjs2ohbC

On 7/4/2022 at 9:09 PM, hardbrit said:

how come?

5 hours ago, Slap said:

Can we get some love for Brave in here? I keep coming back to it as one of my favorite albums of hers, although I love This is me then and JLO too obviously. 

Also the cover art was so cool and the single artwork also matched which was a dream. 

justice for Mile In These Shoes, Brave and Frozen Moments should be on all streaming platforms just saying

6 hours ago, Slap said:

Many of her fans don’t enjoy this album but I’ve always loved it.

My faves:

Frozen Moments (it was a crime this was only an iTunes Bonus Track).

Stay Together

Forever

Hold It Don’t Drop It

Mile In These Shoes

Brave

Gotta Be There with the young MJ sample

1 hour ago, SchmoodRing said:

how come?

justice for Mile In These Shoes, Brave and Frozen Moments should be on all streaming platforms just saying

I’m such a flop fan I didn’t even know Frozen Moments existed! The title track is so underrated. 

56 minutes ago, insomniac said:

Many of her fans don’t enjoy this album but I’ve always loved it.

My faves:

Frozen Moments (it was a crime this was only an iTunes Bonus Track).

Stay Together

Forever

Hold It Don’t Drop It

Mile In These Shoes

Brave

Gotta Be There with the young MJ sample

Gotta Be There was so good, I really feel like she took all the elements of her music to date pre 2007 and put it together into Brave, I’m surprised it didn’t do well although she struggled for years after that to relaunch her music career with Fresh Out the Oven, Louboutins and all that. 

9 hours ago, Slap said:

Brave >>>>>>>>>>>

then Miles In These Shoes and Forever ! 

Edited by Dabbyy

2 hours ago, Dabbyy said:

1 year of CEP !

Still BOP to this

51 minutes ago, insomniac said:

20 minutes 

:jonny5:

Sounds sooooo good OMG :jonny5:

I need it NOW! It's like Darkchild throwback. I totally understand why the Rap-Up reviewer mentioned "The Boy Is Mine": https://www.rap-up.com/2009/12/21/album-preview-jennifer-lopez-love/

@SavagePapi @Mokichi @Yudelkis @Bloodflowers. @Dabbyy @DanceAgain @CosTaSsSs

50 minutes ago, insomniac said:

Sounds sooooo good OMG :jonny5:

I need it NOW! It's like Darkchild throwback. I totally understand why the Rap-Up reviewer mentioned "The Boy Is Mine": https://www.rap-up.com/2009/12/21/album-preview-jennifer-lopez-love/

@SavagePapi @Mokichi @Yudelkis @Bloodflowers. @Dabbyy @DanceAgain @CosTaSsSs

:WAP:

2 hours ago, insomniac said:

20 minutes 

:jonny5:

sounds interesting !

I doubt we gonna get it tho ...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.