Doja Cat

Kylie Jenner

10 hours ago, Nip Tuck said:

IYE is so underrated lowkey her best feature 

Super underrated and yes I will say it - da best feature Abel had from dat album

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dabunique

• AMX

• Alex

• makeme

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, hallucinate said:

:jonny2:

I was jus gonna post this. 

11 hours ago, Nip Tuck said:

IYE is so underrated lowkey her best feature 

I hate that the stupid “controversy” at the time killed any chance of it being a hit cause that remix goes off :jonny5:

On 4/15/2022 at 8:02 PM, dabunique said:

Ok, i thought the album would reach 5B when all is said and done but now it's looking like the goal is 7B or 8B :deadbanana4:

Someone should thread this

She's been working with hip hop producers which means she's serious about the hip hop album or is doing features. But I hope it's the former and is apart of the double album project she spoke about. Something for the hip hop fans and something for the pop fans. 

2 hours ago, Mystic Boy said:

Ok, i thought the album would reach 5B when all is said and done but now it's looking like the goal is 7B or 8B :deadbanana4:

I have a strong feeling it will end around 9B :dies:

Also happy Dojchella day! 

I'm gonna post my setlist prediction.

Kmm

Your Right 

Alone

Ntk

Streets

Payday

Naked

Tia tamera

Juicy

Cybersex 

Options

Giiy

Why why

Boss ***** :toofunny3:

Vegas 

Better than me or won't bite to replace shine or talk dirty. 

16 minutes ago, AMX said:

She's been working with hip hop producers which means she's serious about the hip hop album or is doing features. But I hope it's the former and is apart of the double album project she spoke about. Something for the hip hop fans and something for the pop fans. 

I have a strong feeling it will end around 9B :dies:

I hope she does the Hip-hop project, but I hope she doesn’t drop it WITH the Pop project.  I want the Pop project to come shortly after.  For a few reasons:

1.  Her Pop **** is gonna always take over TikTok/radio, and I want people to FOCUS on the Hip-hop.  Especially lyrically.  The goal should be critical acclaim.  

2.  Urban radio is NOT gonna play her, so it’ll be a commercial “failure” (just being honest).  So, I think a quick follow up that IS commercially successful will be key in keeping her overall career momentum.  

And I want the Hip-hop project to be more like a mixtape/digital release, “just for the fans”…to kill all that flop bullshit ppl gonna be saying.  

B/c you know folks gonna SWITCH — first it’s “can she spit?” And then it’ll be “well, this flopped:m; she’s over”.  You know how it goes :rip: 

10 minutes ago, professor2000 said:

I hope she does the Hip-hop project, but I hope she doesn’t drop it WITH the Pop project.  I want the Pop project to come shortly after.  For a few reasons:

1.  Her Pop **** is gonna always take over TikTok/radio, and I want people to FOCUS on the Hip-hop.  Especially lyrically.  The goal should be critical acclaim.  

2.  Urban radio is NOT gonna play her, so it’ll be a commercial “failure” (just being honest).  So, I think a quick follow up that IS commercially successful will be key in keeping her overall career momentum.  

And I want the Hip-hop project to be more like a mixtape/digital release, “just for the fans”…to kill all that flop bullshit ppl gonna be saying.  

B/c you know folks gonna SWITCH — first it’s “can she spit?” And then it’ll be “well, this flopped:m; she’s over”.  You know how it goes :rip: 

You have brought up interesting points I hadn’t considered. 
You’re right The pop album would overshadow the hip hop album. A later release is best. 

She’s already given the impression that the hip hop album is for arts not charts. I don’t want to be mix tape. A short album of 8 songs would be fine.

The success of the album will depend on the contents, how personal it feels and the hooks. 

21 minutes ago, AMX said:

You have brought up interesting points I hadn’t considered. 
You’re right The pop album would overshadow the hip hop album. A later release is best. 

She’s already given the impression that the hip hop album is for arts not charts. I don’t want to be mix tape. A short album of 8 songs would be fine.

The success of the album will depend on the contents, how personal it feels and the hooks. 

I mean it would be even better if the album is like a collab album with Alchemist (or Alchemist and 9th Wonder) vs. it being a sole Doja Cat album.  

That could also help with the “flop talk”…hell, Bey fans love to act like The Carters album ain’t a part of her discography :laugh:

I want Doja to whatever she wants sick of people always dragging her they don’t even listen to her anyway :bam:

I say she sticks to her current formula of  pop/hip hop hybrid perfection. Who cares if the naysayers claim she isn't a rapper? She makes music she enjoys and music the GP loves so who cares?

Edited by Shirlene

1 hour ago, professor2000 said:

this is how i feel as well

though i think it will do well regardless

1 hour ago, Shirlene said:

I say she sticks to her current formula of  pop/hip hop hybrid perfection. Who cares if the naysayers claim she isn't a rapper? She makes music she enjoys and music the GP loves so who cares?

The crazy thing is that Doja actually loves pure Hip-hop though.  She used to rap on 9th Wonder-ish beats when she first started out.  

So I don’t think it’s purely to shut people up.  She probably been wanting to do this.

I also KINDA want her to do a digital project where the whole premise is around her versatility (conceptually), and she just does every genre she’s interested in.  But obviously trying to make it cohesive lol.  I know she can do it.  

Edited by professor2000

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.