• Ash12345

• Fitzswiftie

• JawBreaker

• Mr. Duff

5 hours ago, Ash12345 said:

Charli XCX

charlixcx-770x433.jpg

Most streamed Hot 100 hits on Spotify

1069m - Señorita (Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello)

433m - Fancy (Iggy Azalea feat. Charli XCX)

401m - Same Old Love (Selena Gomez)

366m - I Love It (Icona Pop feat. Charli XCX)

260m - Boom Clap (Charli XCX)

Table of Points

VasGXPi.jpg

@family.guy123 @Kylie Jenner Her songs might have more streams than some of the songwriters here because they're more recent hits but there's still far too few hits and too many co-writers to make it into the top 100.

I didn't she wrote Señorita. No wonder it became a hit for Camila. 

The next songwriter I initially had ranked higher but after double checking his songwriter credits his points dropped him to the #81 rank.

7 hours ago, Ash12345 said:

Charli XCX

1069m - Señorita (Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello)

Had no idea she worked on this song. I personally BY FAR prefer Charli XCX as a topliner than the main artist anyways :gaycat5:

2 hours ago, SoulKiwi said:

Look at all those 100% credits, I-

Ikr!! Had to check him out right away and gave "Make It With You" a listen. A very nice chill song from the 70s. He's got great melodies I can tell and I had no knowledge of this man before. Ughh this thread :clap3:

10 hours ago, deGonzz said:

I'm always so curious to know what contribution Jay had on Lose My Breath :gaycat5:

"Can you keep up?" was the line he came up with.

I remember seeing that on some YouTube documentary a while back.

I can’t wait to see where Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis rank :duca:

They should be really up there. 

Edited by stephen1108

21 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

"Can you keep up?" was the line he came up with.

I remember seeing that on some YouTube documentary a while back.

Interesting!! Quite the important line in this song. But the real MVP would be whoever came up with the "Make me lose my ah ah". Probably Sean Garrett, who is I'm sure coming up a bit later in this top 100! 

18 minutes ago, stephen1108 said:

I can’t wait to see where Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis rank :duca:

They should be really up there. 

Same!! I wonder how duos will work in this ranking though :gaycat2:

Prolly separately?? Although Im not aware of any of them having creds without the other.

Edited by deGonzz
typo

81. Brian Wilson

rs-3299-rectangle.jpg?resize=900,600&w=4

Growing up, Brian Wilson was passionate about singing and playing piano, and in 1961 with his brothers Dennis and Carl, cousin Mike Lowe and high school friend Al Jardine, he founded The Beach Boys in 1961 and began writing songs about the local L.A. surf culture. As the group's popularity increased, Brian became overwhelmed by the touring schedule and decided to stop performing to focus on songwriting and producing. In 1965, he began taking marijuana and psychedelic drugs to spark his creativity and release the group's most acclaimed album, Pet Sounds, soon after. However, in the late 60s, Brian Wilson was experiencing serious drug and mental health struggles that took decades to overcome and impacted his career and the band. Nonetheless, his experimental style of pop-rock music had significant impact on the music of his time and of the decades that followed.

249m - California Gurls (Katy Perry feat. Snoop Dogg)

211m - Wouldn't It Be Nice (The Beach Boys)

171m - Good Vibrations (The Beach Boys)

103m - God Only Knows (The Beach Boys)

70m - I Get Around (The Beach Boys)

Table of Points

IEvB3nP.jpg

GUxw2Wz.jpg

htRKDHD.jpg

@Green @Revenge @Witch Privilege @trainsskyscrapers @Insanity @Fitzswiftie  @Juanny @JawBreaker @alfonso12 @Weed @Nip Tuck @Cherry123 @eli's_rhythm @1DES @princedonte @Alpha Male @Timber @jordanjm @SoulKiwi@Ohno @Mezik@DougAF @Chainsmoker@suburbannature @Erotic@mcohen@ChatshireCat@cuneytb @Arxane @1989 @Mr. Duff @ECNEICSNOC @BtDecember @pavi @Kylie Jenner @deGonzz

Looks like The Beach Boys had some familiar issues btw. After their first album, their label ran into financial difficulties and sold the album's masters to another label, which lead to them leaving for a new label. Brian Wilson asked to be in charge and pay for the production of their albums and it was granted, but he ended up not being given producer credits on the liner notes. The majority of the publishing rights to Brian Wilson's work also got sold off by Brian Wilson's father against his son's desires.

Some of the credits are maybe a bit controversial

-I'm not too sure why he's credited on Katy Perry's California Gurls

-Surfin USA heavily samples Chuck Berry's "Sweet Little Sixteen" but the lyrics are still from Brian Wilson or Mike Lowe, however only Chuck Berry is credited

-The Beach Boys' Sloop John B is credited to Brian Wilson but although he did the arrangements and production it's actually a Bahamian folk song

10 minutes ago, deGonzz said:

Interesting!! Quite the important line in this song. But the real MVP would be whoever came up with the "Make me lose my ah ah". Probably Sean Garrett, who is I'm sure coming up a bit later in this top 100! 

Prolly separately?? Although Im not aware of any of them having creds without the other.

I already posted a few that mostly wrote as a songwriting duo (Crewe & Gaudio, Leiber & Stoller) and I've counted them separately so that's how I'll do it with any others too. If their credits are literally identical it'll just be a tie.

1 minute ago, Ash12345 said:

I already posted a few that mostly wrote as a songwriting duo (Crewe & Gaudio, Leiber & Stoller) and I've counted them separately so that's how I'll do it with any others too. If their credits are literally identical it'll just be a tie.

Cool! that's fair! :party:

I wonder how identical Pharrell and Chad Hugo would be, given that the former has ventured out of the Neptunes a lot obviously. Actually would be interesting to find out whether Chad will even appear in here at all.

9 minutes ago, Ash12345 said:

Looks like The Beach Boys had some familiar issues btw. After their first album, their label ran into financial difficulties and sold the album's masters to another label, which lead to them leaving for a new label. Brian Wilson asked to be in charge and pay for the production of their albums and it was granted, but he ended up not being given producer credits on the liner notes. The majority of the publishing rights to Brian Wilson's work also got sold off by Brian Wilson's father against his son's desires.

Some of the credits are maybe a bit controversial

-I'm not too sure why he's credited on Katy Perry's California Gurls

-Surfin USA heavily samples Chuck Berry's "Sweet Little Sixteen" but the lyrics are still from Brian Wilson or Mike Lowe, however only Chuck Berry is credited

-The Beach Boys' Sloop John B is credited to Brian Wilson but although he did the arrangements and production it's actually a Bahamian folk song

The fact that the Beach Boys member would cry about being robbed out of credits but being notoriously robbing other artists. 

2 minutes ago, deGonzz said:

Cool! that's fair! :party:

I wonder how identical Pharrell and Chad Hugo would be, given that the former has ventured out of the Neptunes a lot obviously. Actually would be interesting to find out whether Chad will even appear in here at all.

I'm thinking the same with:

- StarGate

- Dozier-Holland-Dozier (Motown)

- Hal David × Bart Bacharach

2 minutes ago, 1DES said:

The fact that the Beach Boys member would cry about being robbed out of credits but being notoriously robbing other artists. 

I never said he cried about it, I just have misgivings about crediting the songs according to the "official" credits on those two songs. Maybe what happened with "Sloop John B" is that Brian Wilson liked the song and wanted to use it but because it's a traditional folk song he didn't know whose name to fill in for the songwriter credits when he registered the recording so he just entered his own name because he did the arrangements/productions on his version?

8 minutes ago, Ash12345 said:

I never said he cried about it, I just have misgivings about crediting the songs according to the "official" credits on those two songs. Maybe what happened with "Sloop John B" is that Brian Wilson liked the song and wanted to use it but because it's a traditional folk song he didn't know whose name to fill in for the songwriter credits when he registered the recording so he just entered his own name because he did the arrangements/productions on his version?

I was reading an article that he tried to sue because of a line in California Girls. 

1 hour ago, deGonzz said:

All of Janet’s #1’s have them credited, EXCEPT for Black Cat which Janet is the sole writer (not every pop girl has that to their credit tbh).

Then they also have 7 more #1’s to their credit, so 16 in total. They have more #1’s than any other songwriting and production team in history. Max Martin is one writer I can think of that has more, he has 22 #1’s to his credit. 

1 hour ago, Ash12345 said:

I’m not too sure why he's credited on Katy Perry's California Gurls

The publishing company for The Beach Boys had allegedly threatened a lawsuit due to Snoop Dogg's line "I wish they could all be California Girls", which they consider to be one of the classic lines in the band's song "California Girls".

Honorable Mention - Billy Steinberg

tumblr_inline_pjm8toOUth1s9on4d_540.jpg

135m - Alone (Heart)

133m - Like A Virgin (Madonna)

125m - Eternal Flame (The Bangles)

119m - Give Your Heart A Break (Demi Lovato)

103m - True Colors (Cyndi Lauper)

Table of Points

OkJs5cJ.jpg

iNL5LrX.jpg

Edited by Ash12345

78. Daryl Simmons

MV5BM2ExZWYyMWYtZTE2NC00ODM2LTlkZjctMmM4

Daryl Simmons began writing songs in high school with his classmate Babyface and they made a couple albums together as an R&B group in the late 70s. That group had minimal success but then they met L.A. Reid in the early 80s and began writing and producer songs for various R&B artists with him. Daryl Simmons' first hit was with this trio - "Knocked Out" for Paula Abdul - which peaked at #41 in 1988, and he had a long string of hits with the trio that lasted until the late 90s. The members of the songwriting and producing trio didn't exclusively write together though, Daryl Simmons occasionally wrote with other songwriters and after founding his own production company, he had a couple self-written hits in 1996 for Monica and Xscape.

125m - End of the Road (Boyz II Men)

47m - Can We Talk (Tevin Campbell)

40m - Adore (Cashmere Cat feat. Ariana Grande)

35m - In My Bed (Dru Hill)

22m - Slave To The Rhythm (Michael Jackson)

Table of Points

orfO1JY.jpg

aCc0cGq.jpg

@Green @Revenge @Witch Privilege @trainsskyscrapers @Insanity @Fitzswiftie  @Juanny @JawBreaker @alfonso12 @Weed @Nip Tuck @Cherry123 @eli's_rhythm @1DES @princedonte @Alpha Male @Timber @jordanjm @SoulKiwi@Ohno @Mezik@DougAF @Chainsmoker@suburbannature @Erotic@mcohen@ChatshireCat@cuneytb @Arxane @1989 @Mr. Duff @ECNEICSNOC @BtDecember @pavi @Kylie Jenner @deGonzz

Edited by Ash12345

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.