All Time Hot 100 Songwriters

Ash12345

That´s a surprise...Will Taylor be credited for TIWYCF?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ash12345

• Fitzswiftie

• JawBreaker

• Mr. Duff

Love Calvin 

4 minutes ago, Cherry123 said:

That´s a surprise...Will Taylor be credited for TIWYCF?

Yes.

23 minutes ago, Ash12345 said:

88. Calvin Harris

calvin-harris-GettyImages-922502210-696x

Scottish DJ, producer, singer and songwriter Calvin Harris had his first commercial success with his album "I Created Disco" in 2007, which spawned a few hits in the UK. His first success on the US charts was in 2010 when he collaborated with Chris Brown on "Yeah 3x", and he has written and produced many significant hits in dance related genres such as EDM throughout the 2010s, often featuring other artists as the lead vocalists.

Most streamed Hot 100 hits on Spotify

980m - This Is What You Came For (Calvin Harris feat. Rihanna)

914m - One Kiss (Calvin Harris feat. Dua Lipa)

669m - How Deep Is Your Love (Calvin Harris)

667m - Feels (Calvin Harris feat. Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry, Big Sean)

656m - Summer (Calvin Harris)

Table of Points

C2uJhOX.jpg

@Green @Revenge @Witch Privilege @trainsskyscrapers @Insanity @Fitzswiftie  @Juanny @JawBreaker @alfonso12 @Weed @Nip Tuck @Cherry123 @eli's_rhythm @1DES @princedonte @Alpha Male @Timber @jordanjm @SoulKiwi@Ohno @Mezik@DougAF @Chainsmoker@suburbannature @Erotic@mcohen@ChatshireCat@cuneytb @Arxane @1989 @Mr. Duff

:eek: Things just got interesting!

The way his biggest songs are all by far with Rihanna :laugh:

Did Bey even make it in the top 100?

24 minutes ago, Timber said:

Did Bey even make it in the top 100?

Almost definitely, she has credits on so many hits since ‘97.

1 hour ago, Ash12345 said:

His first success on the US charts was in 2010 when he collaborated with Chris Brown on "Yeah 3x".

How did I not know this??

6 minutes ago, eli's_rhythm said:

Almost definitely, she has credits on so many hits since ‘97.

Songwriting credits on eleven number ones... many for extended stays at the top of the chart. She has to be.

8 hours ago, Ash12345 said:

89. Berry Gordy

20130616-master-class-berry-gordy-1-949x

Son of a Detroit auto-worker, Berry Gordy started making music in the 1950s, writing a few modest hits for artists like Jackie Wilson. After discovering The Miracles, he used his early songwriting profits and a loan from his family to found Motown Records in 1959 with The Miracles as Motown's first major act. Motown grew to become the most successful African American owned business in the country, with many huge acts such as Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, The Supremes, Martha & The Vandellas, The Commodores, Four Tops, The Temptations and Jackson 5. While running Motown, Berry Gordy continued to write songs, having a hand in several of his Motown artists' hits.

Most streamed Hot 100 hits on Spotify

393m - I Want You Back (The Jackson 5)

210m - ABC (The Jackson 5)

81m - I'll Be There (The Jackson 5)

63m - Do You Love Me (The Contours)

45m - O.P.P. (Naughty By Nature)

Table of Points

joqJqiQ.jpg

YwRrfIW.jpg

@Green @Revenge @Witch Privilege @trainsskyscrapers @Insanity @Fitzswiftie  @Juanny @JawBreaker @alfonso12 @Weed @Nip Tuck @Cherry123 @eli's_rhythm @1DES @princedonte @Alpha Male @Timber @jordanjm @SoulKiwi@Ohno @Mezik@DougAF @Chainsmoker@suburbannature @Erotic@mcohen@ChatshireCat@cuneytb @Arxane @1989 @Mr. Duff

Legend

Just now, Body Talk said:

Songwriting credits on eleven number ones... many for extended stays at the top of the chart. She has to be.

Always forget she was a sample credit on Grillz :skull:

2 hours ago, Body Talk said:

@eli's_rhythm She also has Summer Walker's Playing Games, Eminem's Walk On Water, Gaga's Telephone, Usher's Love In This Club P.2, and countless Jay-Z cuts. I'm sure she's here.:celestial5: 

Honorable Mention - Sonny Bono

sonny-bono.jpg

Most streamed hits on Spotify

99m - I Got You Babe (Sonny & Cher)

19m - Needles and Pins (The Searchers)

10m - The Beat Goes On (Sonny & Cher)

5m - Bang Bang, My Baby Shot Me Down (Cher)

2m - Little Man (Sonny & Cher)

Table of Points

Avh7l6V.jpg

@selenachris

16 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

@eli's_rhythm She also has Summer Walker's Playing Games, Eminem's Walk On Water, Gaga's Telephone, Usher's Love In This Club P.2, and countless Jay-Z cuts. I'm sure she's here.:celestial5: 

Seems like she doesn't have credits on "Hollywood" according to BMI/ASCAP. She's not credited on "03 Bonnie & Clyde" either, and even more surprising, neither are Kanye and Jay-Z as the only songwriters credited on BMI and ASCAP are the ones from the sample. She does have "Family Feud" and "On The Run (Part II)" though.

On 12/11/2019 at 10:24 PM, JawBreaker said:

wow thats crazy

Yea, she even appears in their video at the beginning

I think it's one of the best usages of a sample in a 21st century pop song

Wonder if the Bee Gees are in here.

17 minutes ago, Ash12345 said:

Seems like she doesn't have credits on "Hollywood" according to BMI/ASCAP. She's not credited on "03 Bonnie & Clyde" either, and even more surprising, neither are Kanye and Jay-Z as the only songwriters credited on BMI and ASCAP are the ones from the sample. She does have "Family Feud" and "On The Run (Part II)" though.

:celestial5: Makes sense. Both 03 Bonnie & Clyde + Hollywood were purely Beyonce features. 

57 minutes ago, Ash12345 said:

Honorable Mention - Sonny Bono

sonny-bono.jpg

Most streamed hits on Spotify

99m - I Got You Babe (Sonny & Cher)

19m - Needles and Pins (The Searchers)

10m - The Beat Goes On (Sonny & Cher)

5m - Bang Bang, My Baby Shot Me Down (Cher)

2m - Little Man (Sonny & Cher)

Table of Points

Avh7l6V.jpg

@selenachris

legend

100% on We Found Love.??:psyduck: WOWWWWW he must've made a **** ton of money 

This is so cool :jonny: I love doing data collection like this but this must've really taken a ton of effort.

Perched for Mariah :cm:

Does a song get points for each week it is on the Hot 100?

Like for instance, will AIWFCIY get points for every week it charted on the Hot 100 for the past 25 years? 

12 minutes ago, bowdown said:

Does a song get points for each week it is on the Hot 100?

Like for instance, will AIWFCIY get points for every week it charted on the Hot 100 for the past 25 years? 

Yup. It's not super huge yet because it only charted for one week at #83 before 2012 but it's getting bigger and bigger every year.

I'm shocked at Calvin Harris! I mean, he has self-written We Found Love, Summer, Feel So Close, I Will Never Let You Down and My Way :eek: 

Yeah, he's good for life with We Found Love royalties!

1 hour ago, Ash12345 said:

Yup. It's not super huge yet because it only charted for one week at #83 before 2012 but it's getting bigger and bigger every year.

Oh my god. So you will have to add 750/2 points to AIWFCIY if it goes #1 for 3 weeks? Mariah will only go up every year then :jonny: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.