Everything posted by LibraSnake01
-
Songs meant for / passed on / taken by Usher (Master-list)
I don't know why I can't embed videos on here anymore and it just leaves it as a link smh but I do have a hunch for him Jo Jo Robinson - Checkin' For Me This track sounds like something he could sing, I wonder if it was written for him in mind or pitched to him after JoJo's album was shelved (Screw Columbia/Sony)
-
Songs meant for / passed on / taken by Beyoncé (Master-list)
Found another Dangerously In Love outtake produced by The Neptunes titled "Vulnerable" it's registered on ASCAP
-
Songs meant for / passed on / taken by Beyoncé (Master-list)
I was able to debunk a long rumored unreleased track titled "Owls Go" believed to be from the Dangerously In Love sessions, the writers are Cameron David Bird and James Cecil who were apart of the indie band Architecture in Helsinki. Beyonce was mistakenly added as a co-writer on ASCAP sometime around the mid-2000s when it was a woman by the name of Isobel Knowles who performed it The Owls Go
-
Songs cut by / meant for / passed on / taken by Mariah Carey (Master-List)
Thought it would be a great idea to do a master-list on her for all the Lambs out there! Feel free to add any info and I'll make sure to edit Pre-Debut/Demo Tape (1985 - 1988) Weakness of The Body (Ken Cedar) ---> Brenda K. Starr ---> Judy Torres (Love Story) Mariah Carey (1989 - 1990) I Lose Control (Mariah Carey, Narada Michael Walden) ---> Penny Ford (Penny Ford) Emotions/MTV Unplugged (1991 - 1992) Always In Love (Mariah Carey, Trey Lorenz, Walter Afanasaieff) ---> Trey Lorenz (Trey Lorenz) Breaking The Chains (Brenda K. Starr, Denise Rich, Mariah Carey) ---> Brenda K. Starr (Shelved) Can You Hear Me (Mariah Carey, Barry Mann) ---> (Written in mind for Barbara Streisand) (Shelved) Someone To Hold (Mariah Carey, Trey Lorenz, Walter Afanasaieff) ---> Trey Lorenz (Trey Lorenz) ---> The Jackson 5 (I'll Be There) Music Box / Merry Christmas (1992 - 1994) Help Me Find a Way To Your Heart (Daryl Hall, Peter Lord Moreland, V. Jeffrey Smith, Mariah Carey, Walter Afanasaieff) ---> Daryl Hall (Soul Alone) Hero (Mariah Carey, Walter Afanasieff) ---> (Written in mind for Gloria Estefan) ---> Mariah Carey (Music Box) ---> Lionel Richie & Diana Ross (Endless Love) ---> The Platters (My Prayer) ---> Badfinger (Without You) ---> Darlene Love (Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)) ---> Harry Reser and His Orchestra (Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town) Daydream (1994 - 1995) ---> Journey (Open Arms) Butterfly / 1's (1996 - 1998) After (Steve Jordan, Mariah Carey, Melonie Daniels, Teddy Turpin) ---> 7 Mile (7 Mile) Head Over Heels (Mariah Carey, Jean-Claude Oliver, Samuel Barnes) ---> Allure (Allure) Last Chance (Mariah Carey, Cory Rooney) ---> Allure (Allure) Make You Happy (Trey Lorenz, Mariah Carey, Cory Rooney) ---> Trey Lorenz (Men In Black: The Album) ---> Diana Ross (Do You Know Where You're Going To) ---> Brenda K. Starr (I Still Believe) ---> Rainy Davis (Sweetheart) ---> Prince (The Beautiful Ones) Rainbow (1999 - 2000) After Tonight ft. Luis Miguel (Mariah Carey, David Foster, Diane Warren) ---> Mariah Carey (Rainbow) Don't Go Lookin' For Love (Jean-Claude Oliver, Samuel Barnes, Mariah Carey, Cory Rooney) ---> Blaque (Blaque) Where Are You Christmas? (Mariah Carey, James Horner, Will Jennings) ---> Faith Hill (How The Grinch Stole Christmas Soundtrack) ---> Phil Collins (Against All Odds) Glitter (2000 - 2001) ---> Cherrelle (Didn't Mean To Turn You On) ---> Tom Browne (Funkin' 4 Jamaica) ---> Indeep (Last Night a DJ Saved My Life) ---> Irene Cara (Out Here On My Own) (Shelved) Charmbracelet (2002 - 2003) Yours ft. Justin Timberlake (Mariah Carey, James Harris III, Terry Lewis, James Wright) ---> Yours ---> Def Leppard (Bringin' On The Heartbreak) The Emancipation of Mimi (2004 - 2006) I Pray (Mariah Carey, Kenneth Crouch) ---> Lina Robbins (WOW Gospel 2006) E=MC2/ Tennessee Soundtrack (2007 - 2008) ---> Kris Kristofferson (Help Me Make It Through The Night) The Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel / Merry Christmas II You (2009 - 2010) ---> The Dream (I Need Things) ---> Shelved (Leaked) ---> The Dream (They Don't Know Me) ---> Shelved (Leaked) ---> The Dream (Betcha Gon' Know) ---> The Dream (H.A.T.E.U) ---> Unknown (A Little Bit of Love) ---> Shelved (Leaked) ---> Foreigner (I Want To Know What Love Is) The Art of Letting Go / Me, I Am Mariah.... The Elusive Chanteuse (2011 - 2014) Save The Day (Mariah Carey, Jermaine Dupri, James Wright) ---> Save The Day ft. Lauryn Hill ---> George Michael (One More Try) ---> Sarah Vaughn (Lullaby of Birdland) (Shelved) 1 to Infinity / Droplets era (2015 - 2017) Caution (2018 - 2019) Here For It All (2023 - 2025) ---> Paul McCartney & The Wings (My Love) Hunches/Need Confirmation Angel (Mikkel Storleer Eriksen, Tor Erik Hermansen, Espin Lund, Amund Bjorklund, Johnta Austin) ---> Leona Lewis (E=MC2) Good Good (Ashanti Douglas, Jermaine Dupri, Manuel Seal) ---> Ashanti (E=MC2) High Key (Courtney Salter, Anthony Jermaine White, Akil King, Verse Simmonds, Bianca Atterberry, Etterlene Jordan, Robert Debarge) ---> Ari Lennox (Here For It All) I Think I'm In Love With You (Cory Rooney, Dan Shea, John Mellencamp) ---> Jessica Simpson (Rainbow) Stickwitu (Franne Golde, Kasia Livingston, Robert Palmer) ---> The Pussycat Dolls (The Emancipation of Mimi) Talk About Us (Cory Rooney) ---> Jennifer Lopez (Rainbow) When You Told Me You Love (Billy Mann, Walter Afanasieff) ---> Jessica Simpson (Rainbow)
-
Britney Spears - 'Britney (25th Anniversary Edition)'
Yeah Sacred was one of the earliest tracks recorded for ITZ, it was produced by Guy Chambers
-
Songs meant for / passed on / taken by Beyoncé (Master-list)
So these songs that were registered - Murder On The Dancefloor - Bad - Butterfly Are not real for what I gathered, there's not much info on Victoria Riddick (writer of Murder and Butterfly) and I found the link to Dontrae Nichols's music and alot of it is just instrumentals and a song with terrible vocals and it seems he registered alot of fake titles associated with other artists. I've seen this with another person doing it to Mariah Carey on ASCAP's repertoire Stream Dontrae music | Listen to songs, albums, playlists for free on SoundCloud The only song with the title of "Murder On The Dancefloor" is the 2001 single by UK artist Sophie Ellis-Baxter Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Murder On The Dancefloor - YouTube I do have some new info - Damon Elliott confirmed in a December 2002 MTV News article that him and Bey recorded Fever during filming for Austin Powers In Goldmember before ever getting the role in The Fighting Temptations and from what he says it was recorded for fun but most likely would've been included on the early neo-soul version of DIL before being placed in TFT's movie and soundtrack. - In a separate article, Damon was producing a tribute album with different artists for his mother the legendary Dionne Warwick in 2002 and Destiny's Child was planned to record one of Dionne's songs for the project but its unknown how far the project got to being completed. The album was planned for a fall 2003 release. Destiny's Child, Pink, Mya Join Damon Elliott's Dionne Warwick Duet Project - MTV
-
Ugly album titles
Sweet 7 by Sugababes
-
Songs meant for / passed on / taken by Monica (Master-list)
Here's a list of hunches I have regarding her Isyss - Single For The Rest Of My Life (All Eyez On Me/After The Storm) TLC - I Miss You So Much (The Boy Is Mine) Brandy - Have You Ever (The Boy Is Mine) Tweet - Turn Da Lights Off (The Makings of Me) Blaque - I'm Good (After The Storm) LeToya - This Song (The Makings of Me) JoJo/Richgirl - Uncharted Waters (Still Standing) Keyshia Cole - I Remember (Still Standing) Fantasia - Two Weeks Notice (The Makings of Me) Tweet - I'm Done (The Makings of Me)
-
Songs meant for / passed on / taken by Monica (Master-list)
Tynisha Keli originally recorded Stay or Go for her debut album Stay or Go- TK - YouTube
-
Obscure pop lore that's basically been lost to time / forgotten?
Siobhan Donaghy of Sugababes sneaking out of a Japanese bathroom window to leave the Sugababes back in 2001, of course she's debunked it but the thought of her doing that takes me out
-
Songs meant for / passed on / taken by Beyoncé (Master-list)
Oh yes I do know of that title, I honestly thought it was an error or codename for one of the album tracks lol. There was another rumored title which was a Jay-Z collab called "Hottest Chick In The Game" I got some info on some of the other producers/writers who also worked on I Am... Sasha Fierce - Kerry "Krucial" Brothers - Beau Dozier - Kara Dioguardi/Reginald "Sycience" Perry ("Beauty of Love") - Eric Hudson @guppypuss any luck finding the Erotic demo
-
Songs meant for / passed on / taken by Beyoncé (Master-list)
A reverse situation here but I do wonder if DC4's With Me Part 1 (underrated song/single out of their entire discography) was written for Xscape for their Traces of My Lipstick album? It could easily fit on that album and I can totally hear Kandi and LaTocha leading on it
-
Songs meant for / passed on / taken by Beyoncé (Master-list)
It's crazy how we are almost close to hearing the entire recording sessions of B'Day 1. Deja Vu 2. Get Me Bodied 3. Suga Mama 4. Upgrade U 5. Ring The Alarm 6. Kitty Kat 7. Freakum Dress 8. Green Light 9. Irreplaceable 10. Resentment 11. Back Up 12. Creole 13. Lost Yo Mind 14. Beautiful Liar 15. Welcome To Hollywood 16. Flaws and All 17. World Wide Woman 18. Still In Love (Kissing You) 19. If 20. Can I Watch You 21. Next Ex 22. New Shoes (Postcard) 23. Blind Trust 24. I Can't Go On 25. Unknown 2nd Cam Wallace track I'll be honest, I'm not really a fan of Can I Watch You (crazy how it sounds like Amerie's Not The Only One) and I would've preferred her version of I Can't Go On after hearing that demo snippet. Hopefully her version will surface one day
-
Beyoncé f/ Pharrell - "CAN I WATCH YOU"
@AccioEmpireBuilder Once I heard this, I thought of Amerie's Not The Only One
-
Beyoncé Unreleased Compilation - What songs should make it?
Now if Mathew ever does an unreleased DC compilation album, here's my dream tracklist 1. In My Life (The Dolls/Elektra Records outtake) 2. Wide Open (Studio Version) 3. Are You Ready 4. Yesterday (Destiny's Child outtake) 5. It's Been Too Long (Destiny's Child outtake) 6. Never Had a Love (Destiny's Child outtake) 7. I Try (Destiny's Child outtake) 8. Go Deep (TWOTW outtake) 9. Like Dat (Survivor outtake) 10. Girl Like Me (Survivor outtake) 11. Everything (Survivor outtake) 12. Never Enough (Destiny Fulfilled outtake) 13. Let's Do Us (Destiny Fulfilled outtake)
- Songs meant for / passed on / taken by Jordin Sparks (Master-list)
-
Songs meant for / passed on / taken by Beyoncé (Master-list)
Gordon Chambers is the one singing on the demo "Spending My Time" and he co-wrote it with Barry Eastmond I also discovered Bryan Michael-Cox and Gregory Curties produced the DC outtake "Sweetie Pie" and co-wrote it alongside Thuron Mitchell. Lil' Mo (Cynthia Loving) didn't write the track at all
-
Songs meant for / passed on / taken by Beyoncé (Master-list)
Had to this add this unreleased 3LW track for the hunches section, this was produced by Rich Harrison for their Point of No Return album. I can totally see Bey singing on this track or do an entirely new song with the instrumental and it fitting on B'Day 3LW - Up To You I can also see this doing this other Rich produced 3LW track justice as well 3LW - Do Ya - YouTube
-
Beyoncé
@AccioEmpireBuilder I wonder if "Can I Watch You" could be the second track Cam Wallace worked with Bey alongside Upgrade U
-
Songs Meant for / Passed on / Taken by Rihanna (Master-list)
The song "Weeds" by Sugababes was originally written with Rihanna in mind https://youtu.be/olqYW3gN_c4?si=M2qxOSukVnbflyvJ Conversation about Weeds starts at the 18:00 mark
-
Beyoncé
It's a shame she couldn't put her version of Kissing You on here and I'm surprised she left out Worldwide Woman
-
Songs meant for / passed on / taken by Beyoncé (Master-list)
Yummy is so underrated, her album "The First Seed" is one of my favorite mid-2000s R&B albums and I also love the stuff she did in the group "Tha Rayne" (They originally recorded "No L.O.V.E" before Jhene Aiko)
- Most Underrated Track from each member of Destiny's Child?
-
Songs meant for / passed on / taken by Beyoncé (Master-list)
Can't believe I never posted this, these are demos that were pitched to DC4 when they were still under the name of "Destiny" in early 1996 during the beginning of their time at Columbia. Interestingly enough, the tape also had their previous name "The Dolls" (named by Daryl Simmons) which they were using when signed to Elektra in 1994/1995. Destiny ('s Child) aka The Dolls - Unreleased EP Demo 7 Tracks - Mega Rare Exclusive R&B - 1996 - YouTube RIP to Andrea Martin (Don't Let Go, Lose To Win, Before You Walk Out of My Life, I Love Me Some Him) who sung one of the demos here titled "Fallin' In Love" Here are the credits I found for the demos - Fallin' In Love (Andrea Martin, Bradley Young, Dow Brain) - Vibe With You (Robert Jerald, Sherre Ford Payne) - Dreams Come True (Robert Jerald, Sherre Ford Payne) - My First Love (Robert Jerald, Melissa Ritter, Ricky Jones) - Right Here In My Life (Andrea Martin, Greg Smith) - My Baby's Coming Home (???)
-
Songs meant for / passed on / taken / cut by Aaliyah (Master-list)
Had to make this post since the 25th anniversary of her unfortunate passing is coming in a couple of weeks. There's not much info out there about what songs could've been pitched to Aaliyah during her seven-year career but if anyone on here has anything, feel free to add! @AccioEmpireBuilder @nooniebao @guppypuss Age Ain't Nothing But a Number (1993 - 1994)The Isley Brothers ---> At Your Best (You Are Love) One In a Million (1995 - 1997)Marvin Gaye ---> Got To Give It Up Sugah ---> Sugah & Spice (First track by Missy Elliott & Timbaland ever pitched to Aaliyah, rejected due to lyrics sounding juvenile) ---> Candy by Tha Truth The Isley Brothers ---> Choosey Lover Aaliyah (1998 - 2001)Be Your Fool (Terrence Dudley) ---> Rejected Bounce (Terrence Dudley) ---> Rejected Can't Do It On My Own (Phalon "Jazze Pha" Alexander, Johnta Austin) ---> Gimme Some by Toni Braxton ft. Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes ---> Enough Said by Aaliyah ft. Drake CEO (Stephen Anderson, Stephen Garrett) ---> Unfinished Come Over (Bryan Michael-Cox, Johnta Austin, Kevin Hicks, Phalon "Jazze Pha" Alexander) ---> Changing Faces Committed (Christopher "Deep" Henderson) ---> Insanity by Torrey Carter Charge It To The Game (Stephen Garrett) ---> Unfinished Curious (Terrence Dudley) ---> Rejected Don't Be Jealous (Eric Seats, Rapture Stewart) ---> He Keeps Me Shakin' ---> Quit Hatin ---> Shakin' by Timbaland ft. Aaliyah & Strado Don't Let Me Fool Ya (Stephen Garrett) ---> Talk Is Cheap by Aaliyah ft. Drake & Static Major Don't Think They Know by Digital Black ft. Aaliyah (Benjamin Bush, Bob Robinson, Jeffery Walker, Jonathan Buck, Maurice Simmons, Melvin Hough, Rivelino, Tim Kelley) ---> Don't Think They Know by Chris Brown ft. Aaliyah Everybody Knows (Terrence Dudley) ---> Rejected Gotta Man (Eve Jeffers, Kaseem Dean) ---> Eve Poison (Stephen Garrett) ---> Poison ft. The Weeknd Round and Round (???) ---> Round and Round by Ne-Yo ft. Aaliyah The Best (Rapture Stewart, Stephen Garrett) ---> Shelved Time (Stephen Garrett, Timothy Mosley) ---> Ain't Enough by Aaliyah ft. Future & Snoop Dogg Where Could He Be? (Lisa Stansfield, Missy Elliott) ---> Shelved ---> Ginuwine (Miss You) ---> Lisa Stansfield (Been Around The World) ---> Tank (Want You Now) ???/Hunches All Is Not Gone (Robert Kelly) ---> Changing Faces (Age Ain't Nothing But a Number) (NEW) Get Together (Stephen Garrett, Timothy Mosley) ---> Solange (Aaliyah) Hypnotic (Rodney Jerkins) ---> Tweet (Aaliyah) (NEW) Laundromat (Robert Kelly) ---> Nivea (Aaliyah) (NEW) Make Me a Song (Candice Nelson, Walter Milsap, Timothy Mosley) ---> Kiley Dean (Aaliyah) (NEW) No Doubt (Johnta Austin, Teddy Bishop) ---> Shades ---> Nivea (Aaliyah) Not Gonna (Melissa Elliott, Chad Elliott, Roderick Wiggins) ---> 702 (One In a Million) Just Be a Man About It (Bryan Michael Cox, Johnta Austin, Teddy Bishop, Toni Braxton) ---> Toni Braxton (Aaliyah) Steelo (Melissa Ellliott, Chad Elliott, George Pearson, Gordon Summer) ---> 702 (One In a Million) That La, La, La (Dernst Emile, Full Force) ---> Rihanna (Aaliyah) (NEW)