AccioEmpireBuilder
ATRL Member
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Forum: Celebria
Everything posted by AccioEmpireBuilder
-
Tinashe drops "Popstar" bonus edition with 4 remixes
Do you guys think her "No Broke Boys" remix will stay untethered to an album? I'm surprised it didn't end up as a bonus track on POPSTAR for the streams and units towards album certification. Maybe even BBANGEL so it can actually chart for the first time.
-
Tinashe drops "Popstar" bonus edition with 4 remixes
I kinda get it.... @ciara can attest that her namesake has released 50 Miami-bass pop-hip-hop tracks ("Gimmie Dat", "Got Me Good", "Jump", "Better Things") ... and here comes Tinashe ripping off that sound with K-Pop blueprint "Superlove."
-
Beyoncé
Maybe she can follow through with the 4K videos she promised in the press release and ship all of the B'Day vinyls that have not been delivered yet first. I hope there's a good reason for the delay, like she's editing extra videos in the vault or she's editing the Cowboy Carter concert film for a three-week Cinemark residence or something. Between this and those Cowboy Carter CDs she sent out that were supposed to have an exclusive bonus track and ended up missing 5 instead ... it isn't sitting right with me. Your word is your bond. Again, I hope there's a good reason.
-
Songs cut by / meant for / passed on / taken by Mariah Carey (Master-List)
I feel like this Mariah co-write / production might be from the "1 to Infinity" / Droplet sessions and gifted to Empire. Reminds me of "I Don't," but I could also see this being from the late 00s / Angels Advocate sessions with Jamie Foxx, T-Pain, Usher, The-Dream, or Ne-Yo duetting with her. What do you guys think?
-
Songs cut by / meant for / passed on / taken by Mariah Carey (Master-List)
I see Mariah finally got her thread! Kudos, @LibraSnake01! (I guess I'm out of reactions for the day... but I'll come back to give this thread one.) Here are some hunches I can think of: "I Think I'm In Love With You" - Jessica Simpson (Rainbow) "Talk About Us" - Jennifer Lopez (Rainbow) "When You Told Me You Loved Me" - Jessica Simpson (Rainbow) "Stickwitu" - The Pussycat Dolls (Emancipation of Mimi) "Good Good" - Ashanti (Emancipation of Mimi / E=MC2) "Angel" - Leona Lewis (E=MC2) "What Is Love" - V.Bozeman (Caution) "High Key" - Ari Lennox (Here For It All)
-
Songs meant for / passed on / taken by Beyoncé (Master-list)
Added! Thank you.
-
Beyoncé
I would love that. Just in time for HBCU Homecoming season too. She needs a College band / majorette team to choreograph something and it go viral on TikTok. Out of the 3 former bonus tracks, "Lost Yo Mind" was the only one to debut on the R&B charts a few weeks ago.
-
New French "super potato" variety named after Beyoncé
I mean... they could try, but it also further confirms that her name is synonymous with quality, resilience, and longevity. Let's add the potato to a pile that includes a golden fly, a skyscraper modeled after her body draped in fabric (from the "Ghost" music video), a Brooklyn cosmetology school inside a rehab facility, TWO Houston supportive housing apartment complexes, and a species of succulent with regal reds and purples. Streams continue to become less and less important in the larger scheme of her legacy.
-
Madison Beer - 'locket (deluxe)'
MTE.
-
Mabel soft-launches new era off the birth of her child
I think she should build a concept "90s Mariah" album around her debut single release "Thinking Of You." That might just be the pivot she needs to get into the critics' good graces and show she has matured alongside motherhood. Many people don't know she had to dumb her music down... and that's when the success came. Now she has the royalties coming in where she can take risks and trust the gut she started with.
-
SZA confirms 10-year anniversary release of CTRL: "definitely happening"
A perfect opportunity to tie up some loose ends. Hope she finally plugs in "Inside Man" (after "2 AM" which already has an outro snippet of it, and before "Miles" on the deluxe), and "Passport" after "Miles." Been waiting for this duo. I also want "Eureka" (after the "Bright Ideas" outro of "The Weekend"), and "Bikini Bottom" as well if she has space. The full CTRL universe would be complete. Inside Man: Passport: Eureka: Bikini Bottom: "Brace Yourself" and "Hit Different" are from the SOS cinematic universe... so it would be unwise of me to hope they appear here. 5th / 10th anniversary of SOS, maybe?
-
The Knowles-Carter Family: Metacritic Battle
Updated. Added some Jay-Z-produced (not just Roc Nation) documentaries as he is in his producer bag right now, and the stats still stand.
-
BEST & WORST latest album: Beyonce, Gaga, Rihanna, Taylor
Beyonce and Rihanna made albums that will withstand the test of time. Easily Top 2. Stefani should be thankful to Taylor: this is probably the first time Lady Gaga isn't at the bottom of one of these discussions for playing it safe with phoned-in dance pop and folk ballads because of how badly Taylor damaged her post-Folklore reputation these last 5 projects.
-
Tinashe - 'Popstar'
Listening right now. Favorite Records: "Too Easy" "Empty Stadiums" (an avant-garde, garage-influenced banger) "Overdramatic" (very Solange When I Get Home or Chloe x Halle Ungodly Hour ) "I'd Rather Be Alone" (her "Kiss It Better") "Crash Out" (Kinda wish this went on BBANGEL instead as I think this (not "Needs") was the melodic pop/hip-hop "Nasty"/"No Broke Boys" record that project needed to chart.) "Pillow Fight" (I hope a Nas or JID samples this beat.) "Twentyfive Eight" (Underwater bop. Janet-meets-Aaliyah-meets-Kelela-meets-early Fantasea Azealia Banks) "Popstar" (Love the Imogen Heap layering in the chorus. Very early 2010s Mariah in the verses - I think a nostalgic Wiz Khalifa verse would be a perfect addition.) "Cloud 9" (I hope Kanye samples this beat.)
-
Taylor is yet to have a shaky start. Why?
Her debut album launch, having to modify her vocal delivery mid-era to satisfy a Carrie Underwood-loving Country audience, and going from Abercrombie model to Wal-Mart dress line were her shaky start. Thankfully she got it together and it has only been up from there. A remarkable success story. Even her debut blew up amidst the hysteria of her later albums. I love when the public buys into a project / artist so much they revisit old work and push units of that too: SZA's CTRL when SOS was taking a bit longer to land on shelves, the project housing Billie Eilish's "Ocean Eyes" after "Bad Guy," etc. I'm waiting for them to go crazy with Ravyn Lenae's expansive pre-"Love Me Not" catalog.
-
Songs meant for / passed on / taken by Beyoncé (Master-list)
Could this be the beat of the third CC Shaboozey collaboration that was left on the cutting room floor? I know he just chose a beat out of the blue, but I could see it.
-
Christina needed another pop album as her sophomore album
Yup. In a perfect world, this is how the singles campaign would've looked/sounded: Lead single (a track Christina turned down): Second single: Third single (a quintessential Xtina song to bring Pop radio back into the fold after a decidedly Urban direction): Fourth + Last single (the perfect segue to her Spanish album - just needed a better vocalist than JLo lol):
-
Dolly Babe f/ Megan Thee Stallion - "Pink Blush" (Remix)
I was talking about that a few months back in the Beyonce thread and I really think she should link up with fellow H-Town native and Beyonce's former Parkwood signee INGRID ("Love Drought"). Thinking about how Nicki had a standing hook-writing order with Ester Dean for her first three albums, maybe Sevyn Streeter or Bibi Bourelly ("BBHMM") is her girl.
-
Dolly Babe f/ Megan Thee Stallion - "Pink Blush" (Remix)
I'm all for it! I hope she used the "more is more" approach Beyonce utilized on her "Savage (Remix)" and gets this onto the Billboard Hot 100. "Whenever" was definitely marketed like something with the potential of a lead single (but sounded like a re-release lead), and that narrowly missed the charts. I hope she uses the "shock and awe" blueprint of her solo #1 "Hiss" to create her leads moving forward.
-
Beyoncé
"Don't Hurt Yourself," "Find Your Way Back," "6 Inch," "Water," and "Pray You Catch Me" should all be on her page. Tidal exclusive "Feeling Myself" should also be there (albeit on Nicki's page).
-
Beyoncé
Not sure if this is her reasoning..., but why would I over-exert myself to release new visuals when Black Is King, my most expansive set of visuals, is languishing in squalor/neglect on Disney+ ? The fact no groundswell of viewership (on Disney+ or even the standalone videos on YouTube) has occurred even years after the Wakandification / We Wuz Kangz / Mud Hut narratives were debunked is probably an indication to her team that other things can take priority. Actions definitely speak louder than words when self-financing BIG projects. **Shrugs**
-
Becky G parts ways with Dr Luke's Kemosabe records; Is Doja next?
I am personally surprised she didn't pull a Megan Thee Stallion and "Create" an English album to get out of her Kemosabe contract before this fifth album she just released. The majority of these are Luke records and I'm surprised he wouldn't want that. She could've even pulled a Frank Ocean and released this as the throwaway Endless to her fifth Spanish Album's Blonde. Play It Again EP ("Play It Again", "Can't Get Enough" f. Pitbull, "Built For This", "Zoomin' Zoomin'", "Lovin What You Do") Becky From The Block You Love It Shower Rain (a Dr. Luke x Tinashe Joyride 1.0 outtake that Becky G recorded) (I'll put it below) Can't Stop Dancin' Lovin' So Hard Break A Sweat LBD (Little Black Dress) Green Light Go Secrets They Ain't Ready My Man Rotate
- Which songs would you like Kylie Minogue to perform in Super Bowl (Australia Version)
-
Unknown features by your fave that you love?
I think "Dreams" is her next "Morning Dew (Donk)." Just me? I'm going to go very early in her solo career with my picks:
- Why has "Morning Dew (Donk)" outlasted "Stupid Love?"