dietmtndew
ATRL Member
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: Taylor Swift - 'The Life of a Showgirl: The Encore'
Everything posted by dietmtndew
-
Taylor Swift
She finds it amusing to watch y'all try browbeat her into not liking this album and being denied that pleasure. Like she said during her Songwriters Hall of Fame speech "No one does, or should, make art that appeals to everyone, everywhere, all the time."
-
Taylor Swift
Seriously, I don't even watch reaction videos for artists I like. Imagine spending your weekend watching them for an artist you supposedly hate. The level of obsession going on here is something else.
-
Taylor Swift
I only glanced at it, but I almost feel bad that that thread is clearly the highlight of the month for most people commenting in it. Like what is going on in their lives, that this seems to be the only way some people are getting a dopamine hit these days.
-
Taylor Swift - 'The Life of a Showgirl: The Encore'
What are the lyrics?
-
Taylor Swift
We know from the Eras documentary and matching the outfit that she was photographed going into ELS in, that she recorded it on May 22nd 2023, so she probably wrote it shortly before then.
-
Phoebe Bridgers's 'Lost Weekend' debuts on Spotify with 13,819,238 streams
Amazing numbers for an incredible album. And Nora music said their early conservative estimate for Billboard 200 is #2 with 80k, which would be fantastic.
-
Phoebe Bridgers - 'Lost Weekend'
This is actually incredible. Like Music, Fashion, Film did 10.5m...
-
Phoebe Bridgers - 'Lost Weekend'
Over 80k for the early prediction is amazing numbers.
-
Phoebe Bridgers - 'Lost Weekend'
I went to the planetarium show last night and just based on hearing the album once, Lost Boys was actually my least favourite track. I guess she chose it because it was one of the two most upbeat songs, but if you didn't like that single, definitely don't worry that it is a representation of the entire album. it's a deeply moving album and I was blown away.
-
Hot 100 | Final Predictions (7/4/26): Texas #1 (x11), IKIIKY #2
- Taylor Swift - “I Knew It, I Knew You”
- Taylor Swift - “I Knew It, I Knew You”
I just got back from watching it. It was great and seeing the film really elevated the song for me, because she captured the essence of it sooooo well. And I would say that because of the post credits scene, at least 2/3's of the packed theatre sat through the credits and heard the entire song.- Hot 100 final preds: Taylor #1x2 (405p), Ella #2 (294p), Olivia #3 (272p)
- Hot 100 final preds: Taylor #1x2 (405p), Ella #2 (294p), Olivia #3 (272p)
This is something that every label does. Didn't Olivia's team just ship all the lenticular vinyl early for her release instead of June 26th like advertised, because they decided they wanted to get higher first week sales, rather than staggering the shipments out over multiple weeks?- Taylor Swift - “I Knew It, I Knew You”
It is eligible. Some articles about the updated submission rule were worded confusingly and made it sound like the song had to be included in the last 15 seconds of the film too, but it doesn't. It just simply has to be the first song in the credits AND when it is submitted, their video submission has to include the last 15 secs of the film, so they can see the context of the song and credits beginning, but it doesn't have to be playing during those 15 secs.- Taylor Swift - “I Knew It, I Knew You”
Yeah I just checked on Spotify and it's 11:59pm UTC time, so there is an extra hour. https://support.spotify.com/us/artists/article/understanding-spotify-charts/- Taylor Swift - “I Knew It, I Knew You”
Doesn't the Spotify tracking day end at 12am UTC time? So there should be 4 hours and 45 mins left.- Taylor Swift
Lainey Gossip had a post today about the radio push they are doing for the song and Taylor is previewing it to country radio and talking to them about it. I am excited that they are really serious about pushing the song. ImgBBScreenshot 2026 06 03 at 7 33 41 PM hosted at ImgBBImage Screenshot 2026 06 03 at 7 33 41 PM hosted on ImgBB- Taylor Swift - “I Knew It, I Knew You”
This is silly. Of course Randy Newman will have a song, he does the entire soundtrack for every Toy Story film? But most of what he composes are instrumental pieces for the score. I can't see anything confirming he has written a stand out song for it, that they will be pushing as the lead over Taylor. They have chosen to release and promote the Taylor one ahead of the film's release for a reason. It doesn't even sound like Bad Bunny has a song, it says he has a surprise after the credits. So if that's a song, it is ineligible for an Oscar, because only the first song in the credits can be nominated. But it more sounds like it's a surprise to do with the Toy Story videos he used to film during the pandemic. And lastly, it's naive to think this isn't a mutually beneficial arrangement for Taylor and Disney. She did not sign on to do this song, go take photos with the Disney CEO, and have them do this mega rollout to promote it, only for them to then turn around to run a campaign to push a different song from the film to the Academy. This is the one that they will be campaigning for.- Hot 100 | Final predictions (5/2/26): Drop Dead to debut at #1 with 349pts
- Taylor Swift - 'The Life of a Showgirl'
She pretty much confirmed it is being released for the 20th anniversary on the Graham Norton show, but they cut that part when it aired. This person was in the audience.- Taylor Swift - 'The Life of a Showgirl'
Doesn't the fact that the majority of Opalite's streams will be premium streams instead of whatever the normal free + premium ratio is for a song not help counteract DtMF having more? Plus radio, and whatever the sales are on top of that. I still feel like she could take it...- Taylor Swift - 'The Life of a Showgirl'
I thought under the new Billboard rules you can't drop a D2C (webstore) variant mid-week during your first tracking week? Which is why she was using iTunes to make them B2C. Have her team found a way around it?- Taylor Swift - 'The Life of a Showgirl'
Do we think there is a possibility that the Target vinyl will be in-store only like The Anthology was for Black Friday and that's why they are doing those midnight store openings? Just seems weird that the CDs went up for pre-order, but we still haven't heard anything about the vinyl.- Taylor Swift - 'The Life of a Showgirl'
The same situation was happening in 2022 though? Midnights was announced and they were trying to get pre-orders, yet her team still denied it. - Taylor Swift - “I Knew It, I Knew You”
Account
Navigation
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.