Billboard Charts (September 3-9, 2017)

iHype.

4 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

:toofunny2:

You find this "too funny"? How do you then explain the rise for Taylor's streaming numbers in the last 3 years... she had 18 million youtube views with SIO, and now she's over 40 million with LWYMMD (I guess the number is close to actual). Are you saying the streaming didn't grow over 100% in the last 2 years?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Headlock

• Agenor

9 minutes ago, Headlock said:

You have GOT to be kidding me, you literally just called @iHype.'s sales comparison chart a "joke formula", but now you're fine with adjusting charts and numbers when it benefits Adele specifically? :ahh:

These girls want to be mad for no reason. Will disagree with your opinion just to state it themselves the next day :lmao:

13 minutes ago, igetfilthy said:

Yeah, Hello would've destroyed the LWYMMD's streaming numbers.

But imagine the power of Harlem Shake and Gangnam Style or even Friday if they blew up now.

:jonny3:

If Friday had debuted at #1 :rip: 

13 minutes ago, Rentboy said:

Hm the streaming explosion is very real and taylor has the fan age group who it would very much apply to. I dont know or care what Hello's streams would be today but we know for a fact it would be hugely more than two years ago. No formula needed.

You came into this thread downplaying Taylor's streaming numbers, you have been downplaying streaming as a format in other threads related to LWYMMD's numbers saying that it is easily manipulated and shouldn't be used as a measure of success, and yet now you're saying the exact opposite when it benefits Adele.

You aren't even trying at this point, your trolling is getting worse and worse. Just say you hate Taylor and move on :lmao:

Edited by Headlock

Early predictions

1    Look What You Made Me Do     710   (=) (170k sales, 64m streams)
2    Despacito     417   (=)
3    Bodak Yellow     417  (=) 
4    Wild Thoughts     314   (=)
5    1-800-273-8255     300   (+3)
6    Attention     284   (-1)
7    Ready For It     281   (debut) (140k sales, 14m streams)
8    Believer     268   (-2)
9    There's Nothing Holdin Me Back     265   (-1)
10    Unforgettable     260   (-3)
11    Rake It Up     252   (+2)
12    Bank Account     244   
13    Strip That Down     240 (-3)   
14    Sorry Not Sorry     240   (+4)
15    Slow Hands     231   (=)

QueenofCopyPaste

SNATCH CARDI SNATCH :duca:

2 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Early predictions

Yassss, Taylor with a second week at #1 and debuting top 10 with a promo single :party:

Edited by Headlock

12 minutes ago, Agenor said:

You find this "too funny"? How do you then explain the rise for Taylor's streaming numbers in the last 3 years... she had 18 million youtube views with SIO, and now she's over 40 million with LWYMMD (I guess the number is close to actual). Are you saying the streaming didn't grow over 100% in the last 2 years?

I don't like that kind of math. In any way, shape or form. But maybe Hello would have done 130M streams. Who knows

On 9/3/2017 at 0:19 PM, iHype. said:

9. 1-800-273-8255 (+20)

:clap3:

QueenofCopyPaste

Alessia about to snatch another Top 5 hit :jonny:

• ATRL Moderator

Liam getting a top 10 with that dated song :rip: congrats though

1    Look What You Made Me Do

7    Ready For It 

Yas :clap3: 

Edited by Loveyoubxtch

5 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

:clap3:

Is it posible for her to go Top 10 the following week?

3 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

I don't like that kind of math. In any way, shape or form. But maybe Hello would have done 130M streams. Who knows

Exactly, nobody knows, as nobody knows what would've been LWYMMD sales numbers in 2014, or 2012 (somebody did the "math" and came up with 900k in one of the earlier comments). That was my whole point, you can't adjust sales while not doing the same with streaming. :michael:

18 minutes ago, Headlock said:

You came into this thread downplaying Taylor's streaming numbers, you have been downplaying streaming as a format in other threads related to LWYMMD's numbers saying that it is easily manipulated and shouldn't be used as a measure of success, and yet now you're saying the exact opposite when it benefits Adele.

You aren't even trying at this point, your trolling is getting worse and worse. Just say you hate Taylor and move on :lmao:

Oh here comes the trolling accusation. So predictable. Anyways Im done. Just got the obligatory warning point that comes with any anti Taylor posts these days so Ill leave you to your obsession with replying to every single post about Taylor...and then calling the poster a troll cause they actually reply to you.

and trust I will never reply to you again. Some people are just not worth the effort. If I can find a block feature you can be the first on it. Feel honoured.

Edited by Rentboy

3 minutes ago, Agenor said:

Exactly, nobody knows, as nobody knows what would've been LWYMMD sales numbers in 2014, or 2012 (somebody did the "math" and came up with 900k in one of the earlier comments). That was my whole point, you can't adjust sales while not doing the same with streaming. :michael:

That 900k is way different math, no?

That is for RIAA certifications. It is 0.916 times platinum with this first week as platinum is 1m sales or 150m streams or any combination of that. 

10 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Right that is literally a olddd JT reject :rip: 

11 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Right that is literally a olddd JT reject :rip: 

liberalmusiclover

:clap3:  Glad to see it's OVER for Despacito.

5 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

That 900k is way different math, no?

That is for RIAA certifications. It is 0.916 times platinum with this first week as platinum is 1m sales or 150m streams or any combination of that. 

I wasn't talking about that, iHype was adjusting LWYMMD sales to 2012 and came up with 900k in sales, not SPS. He said:

The point of adjusting is simply to compare how IMPRESSIVE doing a certain number today is compared to another era. It is delusional and literally ignoring the entire market trend if you say things like "if people want to buy music they'll just buy it". 

Which is why adjusting LWYMMD's total to a 2012 market and getting a 900K~ like number shows that doing 353K in 2017 is much more impressive and bigger for its time than say 420K in 2012, or 520K, or even WANEGBT's 620K first week. Which is why adjusting is perfectly fine and a great method of measuring how successful something truly is. 

I like liams song. Sure it sounds like a throwback but i think thats what makes it kind of stand out. 

2 minutes ago, NEZ said:

I like liams song. Sure it sounds like a throwback but i think thats what makes it kind of stand out. 

:doc: just stop posting 

26 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Early predictions

Wow! 1-800 possibly going top 5 :duca:

Beautiful song with a beautiful message. It looks like it could possibly pass Wild Thoughts the following week even and go #4! I know this is mostly Logic's song but I'm so proud on Alessia snatching her 4th top 10 hit :worship: