• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Headlock

• Agenor

5 minutes ago, SilverSky said:

She took her vevo record away not once but twice in a single week.  She did it on day one and in case someone thought it was a fluke, she did it again on day seven.  Funny how when Adele snatched from Taylor it was this huge deal, now crickets.  She took psys YouTube record away that even Adele was unable to take.  She took Adele's streaming record away.  She took a hella lot.  I did not expect her to remove any of hellos wigs but she surprised me and removed a bunch.

streaming has grown considerably.

If sales are adjusted to climate, streams should be as well.

In the end, Adele opened with twice as many points.

18 minutes ago, SilverSky said:

Nobody is asking you to shake your "pom poms" at Taylor success but you look pressed because Taylor snatched Adele's hello literally bald this week all that's left to cling to are its sales.  This was done by a woman who's single was trashed and supposedly over as an artist.  

the breathtaking delusion.

You tube is essentially a kids medium. Adele doesnt attract kiddy fans who hit repeat buttons to beat records. And as i already said, streaming is a GROWING MEDIUM so records will keep being broken. Apply logic, please.

4 hours ago, iHype. said:

I already explained to him that adjusting is literally NOT saying "this for sure, would've sold 1,002,496 copies exactly in this year" but he consistently seems to have amnesia. :rip:

The point of adjusting is simply to compare how IMPRESSIVE doing a certain number today is compared to another era. It is delusional and literally ignoring the entire market trend if you say things like "if people want to buy music they'll just buy it". 

I Knew You Were Trouble sold 416K first week as a promo single in 2012. Look What You Made sold 353K as a lead single, with a radio deal, and a music video first week in 2017. Is one going to just assume her Red promo single was more cared about than her new lead single? Obviously not, the climate changed. 

Which is why adjusting LWYMMD's total to a 2012 market and getting a 900K~ like number shows that doing 353K in 2017 is much more impressive and bigger for its time than say 420K in 2012, or 520K, or even WANEGBT's 620K first week. Which is why adjusting is perfectly fine and a great method of measuring how successful something truly is. :celestial6:

And that's the tea

Hmmm adjustments show that some numbers are indeed very impressive, although charts fans shouldn't need them to know that anything over 150K in 2017 is extraordinary.

But concluding that 350K in 2017 is more impressive than 420K in 2012 is a reach. Apples to oranges.

So She has the 2nd biggest % lead ever, after Hello, more than quadrupling the runner-up in sales. And She's in trouble?

oh atrl. always wrong.

3 hours ago, slw84 said:

Hopefully taylor can remain #1 for at least 3 weeks

tumblr_n64lqyuyXe1tvt1gto4_250.gif

I wonder if Ready for it will be top 10 or top 5

3 week should easily happen. Certainly seems like more for now

2 hours ago, UNNAMI said:

@simmnfierzig couple of days is done, where you think Ready for It may debut?

Looking into it now

26 minutes ago, Notorious MINAJ said:

Will Rake It Up rebound back into the top 10?

Probably. Top 10 last week was kinda was too early in it's chart run. 

24 minutes ago, HolyKatyPerry said:

:ahh:omg

You do realize the 353k figure doesn't include the downloads that were taken off because people pre-ordered the album [which is up to 150k-175k now according to HDD because after all she is an ALBUM SELLER] :deadbanana: Stop making a fool of yourself

I dont care how you spin it. She did 353k and for taylor thats a sing shes in danger. Add to that she just released the worst single in her career with her attempting to rap and we have a recipe for disaster. This is already shaping up to be her btw era. Frontloaded sales but a major shift in her career.

1 minute ago, NEZ said:

I dont care how you spin it. She did 353k and for taylor thats a sing shes in danger. Add to that she just released the worst single in her career with her attempting to rap and we have a recipe for disaster. This is already shaping up to be her btw era. Frontloaded sales but a major shift in her career.

Ouch. 2nd biggest lead ever for a song in digital sales, 2nd biggest streaming peak ever. Whataflop!

4 minutes ago, NEZ said:

Some girls will never do that ever so if that's a sign of danger then they're already in the coffin

oM5lp26.gif

5 minutes ago, NEZ said:

The trolling is so bad :ahh:

QueenofCopyPaste
27 minutes ago, SilverSky said:

She took her vevo record away not once but twice in a single week.  She did it on day one and in case someone thought it was a fluke, she did it again on day seven.  Funny how when Adele snatched from Taylor it was this huge deal, now crickets.  She took psys YouTube record away that even Adele was unable to take.  She took Adele's streaming record away.  She took a hella lot.  I did not expect her to remove any of hellos wigs but she surprised me and removed a bunch.

Overall points (sales, radio, & streaming)  she was still 1,000 points behind Hello first week wise. So "Look", was huge but not Hello huge because that one debuted over 2k points.  Taylor was second obviously though. 

The real measure of LWYMMD success will be what it does for her albums sales. Thats the real point of lead singles. I think its direction and her "new" sound may well turn off many fans. Especially the casual ones.

In that sense it can never match Hello which not only was a global megasmash in its own right but also launched the album to a record shattering 3.38million debut. Which makes hello a contender for most successful lead single in history. Just stop trying it cause Adele is out of reach.

Edited by Rentboy

9 minutes ago, NEZ said:

Stating facts is not "spinning" anything. Taylor debuted with 353k, which is incredible for 2017, and had a large chunk of sales subtracted because of album pre-orders, which wasn't a rule when SIO debuted, so you can't compare LWYMMD's opening sales to SIO's sales and says it's bad by comparison even in that aspect. LWYMMD's debut is stronger than SIO's debut.

And RFI is FAR from the worst single she's ever put out, it's a great song, and it's also not an official single, it's a promo single. Oh and it's still sitting at #1 on iTunes with a healthy lead over LWYMMD, which itself still has a healthy lead over everything else.

Nothing about how this era going so far is spelling disaster, it's the exact opposite actually :heart2:

Edited by Headlock

353k is insanely high. I though I was very optimistic before release and expected 250-300k.

That she smashed the streaming record by 15 freaking million is just :deadbanana3:

And that's with only 4 days of the video and 3 days of the lyric. Maybe could have done 90M with 7 days. 

Also it seems like her 2nd week will be over 60m too :deadbanana3:

To think back that people doubted me when I said her lead will 100% go #1 a couple of weeks ago :ahh:

Edited by simmnfierzig

2 minutes ago, Rentboy said:

The real measure of LWYMMD success will be what it does for her albums sales. Thats the real point of lead singles. I think its direction and her "new" sound may well turn off many fans. Especially the casual ones.

In that sense it can never match Hello which not only was a global megasmash in its own right but also launched the album to a record shattering 3.38million debut. Which makes hello a contender for most successful lead single in history. Just stop trying it cause Adele is out of reach.

21 mainly did that, not Hello

QueenofCopyPaste

HDD hyping Taylor's semi-unrealistic sales numbers though... Kinda setting her up? 

7 minutes ago, HolyKatyPerry said:

Some girls will never do that ever so if that's a sign of danger then they're already in the coffin

oM5lp26.gif

You have to admit its a major decline for taylor. :michael: 

The funny thing is that you guys are the ones in denial. If you guys cant hear how bad ready is then ironically you guys wont be ready when this era doesnt go the way you guys are expecting. I was on board with look. I almost even considered stanning. She definitely has the worlds attention now, no doubt about it but i promise you ive been hearing nothing but negative reactions from the gp and once they hear ready its going to get worse. That song is almost laughably bad. Actually its just the cringey try hard verses that are going to hurt her.

Bookmark me!

Edited by NEZ

Just now, NEZ said:

The funny thing is that you guys are the ones in denial. If you guys cant hear how bad ready is then ironically you guys wont be ready when this era doesnt go the way you guys are expecting. I was on board with look. I almost even considered stanning. She definitely has the worlds attention now, no doubt about it but i promise you ive been hearing nothing but negativd reactions from the gp and once they hear ready its going to get worse. That song is almost laughably bad. Actually its just the cringey try hard verses that are going to hurt her.

Bookmark me!

The debut of LYWMMD is a major increase over the Shake It Off debut, not a decline. 

QueenofCopyPaste
4 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

353k is insanely high. I though I was very optimistic before release and expected 250-300k.

That she smashed the streaming record by 15 freaking million is just :deadbanana3:

And that's with only 5 days of the video and 2 days of the lyric. Maybe could have done 90M with 7 days. 

Also it seems like her 2nd week will be over 60m too :deadbanana3:

To think back that people doubted me when I said her lead will 100% go #1 a couple of weeks ago :ahh:

I clearly remember you doubted Adele debuting at #1 too in 2015 :eli:

1 minute ago, simmnfierzig said:

21 mainly did that, not Hello

Of course 21 built up her fanbase. But you know full well Hello was the big taster for her new album. She couldve been forgotten after 5 years. Its happened before with monster album sellers likes of Norah jones. You can just drop drastically from one era to the next. Hello was a HUGE comeback cry. The perfect relaunch.

1 minute ago, Rentboy said:

Of course 21 built up her fanbase. But you know full well Hello was the big taster for her new album. She couldve been forgotten after 5 years. Its happened before with monster album sellers likes of Norah jones. You can just drop drastically from one era to the next. Hello was a HUGE comeback cry. The perfect relaunch.

Feels Like Home sold 1 million first week. Like what :ace:

11 minutes ago, NEZ said:

The funny thing is that you guys are the ones in denial. If you guys cant hear how bad ready is then ironically you guys wont be ready when this era doesnt go the way you guys are expecting. I was on board with look. I almost even considered stanning. She definitely has the worlds attention now, no doubt about it but i promise you ive been hearing nothing but negative reactions from the gp and once they hear ready its going to get worse. That song is almost laughably bad. Actually its just the cringey try hard verses that are going to hurt her.

Bookmark me!

Literally all of the actual evidence so far paints the exact opposite picture from what you are saying is happening :lmao:

No matter how YOU try and spin this, LWYMMD is a HUGE success, RFI is doing great as a promo single, and Taylor's Reputation era is off to a fantastic start.

Edited by Headlock