• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Headlock

• Agenor

I thought Liam would flop with STD when it was first released :rip: Glad its doing well. 

Niall deserves better. Hope he can get Top 10 one week. 

Congrats to taylor. Phenomenal opening :clap3:

1 hour ago, Element said:

Mess @ Swish Swish re-entering one spot below its peak

Hmm.

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Headlock said:

Girl I'm not wasting my time going through any threads lmao, I've been posting in the Taylor base since I joined ATRL and literally NO ONE expected her to outsell Adele, we weren't even fully confident she would go #1 with her lead until last week when LWYMMD was released and smashed.

Well, if you are not going to look, then you can't say I'm wrong :fan: 

HDD saying Reputation's preorders are at 150k-175k now

So she did get close to their sales figures since the instant grat were deducted from her total first week sales

ibceywwwvz8osqybuqm.gif

2 hours ago, jpow said:

there was a time that countless Taylor fans were saying she'd outsell Hello and she didn't even get within 100k of it.  Not to say it's not impressive still, because that total is still great, but I was still thinking she'd do better.  

Get within 100k of Hello? Hello's first week was around 1.1 million. The 480k mentioned in the article was Hello's THIRD week sales. Adele is just in another sales league to everybody else.

And streaming records are misleading cause its still a growing platform.

Edited by Rentboy

Anyway, Fifth Harmony's album is down to #82 on iTunes :deadbanana3: and I doubt they're more physical sellers than digital so their drop next week is about to break records 

25 minutes ago, jpow said:

You said "countless" Taylor fans were saying she would outsell Adele, and I'm saying I have not seen one post like that in the Taylor base, which is where her fans are located. Nobody in their right mind would think LWYMMD would reach 1.1 million in it's first week, none of the sales forecasts even got close to that.

Edited by Headlock

3 minutes ago, Rentboy said:

Get within 100k of Hello? Hello's first week was around 1.1 million. The 480k mentioned in the article was Hello's THIRD week sales. Adele is just in another sales league to everybody else.

And streaming records are misleading cause its still a growing platform.

You really should post in the Taylor base, we need more dedicated Swifties like you keeping us up to date with her charts progress in the base :heart2:

23 minutes ago, jpow said:

Literally not one Swiftie was saying that :fan: Must be in your head

4 minutes ago, HolyKatyPerry said:

Anyway, Fifth Harmony's album is down to #82 on iTunes :deadbanana3: and I doubt they're more physical sellers than digital so their drop next week is about to break records 

Omg :deadbanana3: 

Just now, Headlock said:

You really should post in the Taylor base, we need more dedicated Swifties like you keeping us up to date with her charts progress in the base :heart2:

why are you even quoting me? stop being snarky to anybody who posts the slightest comment that doesnt shake their pom poms for Taylors success. You dont own these chart threads.

4 minutes ago, Rentboy said:

why are you even quoting me? stop being snarky to anybody who posts the slightest comment that doesnt shake their pom poms for Taylors success. You dont own these chart threads.

Nobody is asking you to shake your "pom poms" at Taylor success but you look pressed because Taylor snatched Adele's hello literally bald this week all that's left to cling to are its sales.  This was done by a woman who's single was trashed and supposedly over as an artist.  

I feel like Adele and Taylor are 2 artists that never really were effected by streaming or the change in the sales climate. Taylor never had a problem selling before and the market has been in decay for over a decade now, before she even made her debut. Adele shattered records amidst a struggling music industry and taylor has snatched 3 albums openings with over a million in the first week. So to open with 340k for any artist would be amazing but for taylor i think its definitely a sign that shes in trouble, trouble, trouble.

7 minutes ago, Rentboy said:

Snarky? What are you talking about, I'm just hoping to get more Swifties to post in the base, and I always see how closely you follow Taylor's success, so I'm just assuming you're a massive fan. Have I assumed incorrectly? :smiley:

QueenofCopyPaste
5 minutes ago, SilverSky said:

Nobody is asking you to shake your "pom poms" at Taylor success but you look pressed because Taylor snatched Adele's hello literally bald this week all that's left to cling to are its sales.  This was done by a woman who's single was trashed and supposedly over as an artist.  

Nah. Not really. 

3 minutes ago, NEZ said:

I feel like Adele and Taylor are 2 artists that never really were effected by streaming or the change in the sales climate. Taylor never had a problem selling before and the market has been in decay for over a decade now, before she even made her debut. Adele shattered records amidst a struggling music industry and taylor has snatched 3 albums openings with over a million in the first week. So to open with 340k for any artist would be amazing but for taylor i think its definitely a sign that shes in trouble, trouble, trouble.

Lmao literally how is she in trouble, she literally broke streaming records and had the highest debut sales week this year. Not to mention a large chunk of sales were deducted from her opening week because of album pre-orders.

Will Rake It Up rebound back into the top 10?

QueenofCopyPaste

Is complete my album still a thing during first week sales of a single? I didnt remember Hello's first week sales were discussed less because of such "preorders" deducted or so? 

9 minutes ago, NEZ said:

:ahh:omg

You do realize the 353k figure doesn't include the downloads that were taken off because people pre-ordered the album [which is up to 150k-175k now according to HDD because after all she is an ALBUM SELLER] :deadbanana: Stop making a fool of yourself

1 minute ago, berberocka said:

Nah. Not really. 

She took her vevo record away not once but twice in a single week.  She did it on day one and in case someone thought it was a fluke, she did it again on day seven.  Funny how when Adele snatched from Taylor it was this huge deal, now crickets.  She took psys YouTube record away that even Adele was unable to take.  She took Adele's streaming record away.  She took a hella lot.  I did not expect her to remove any of hellos wigs but she surprised me and removed a bunch.

3 minutes ago, berberocka said:

Is complete my album still a thing during first week sales of a single? I didnt remember Hello's first week sales were discussed less because of such "preorders" deducted or so? 

Yes it is, it became a rule during OOTW's debut week in 2014 as a promo single (which kept it from debuting in the top 10 :grump:).

Hello was uploaded to iTunes as a single first I believe, I think the album pre-order was available after. I could be wrong though.

16 minutes ago, NEZ said:

:rip: