• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Headlock

• Agenor

Just now, Mark Rih said:

Is Taylor going to own the top 2 next week? :rip:

no. she's going to have 2 songs in the top 10 of hot 100 but she's not going to own the top 2. ''look what you made me do'' will remain on top and ''ready for it'' will debut #7 or #6 

QueenofCopyPaste
Just now, Mark Rih said:

Oh ok

Could RFI reach top 5?

Yes imo

1-800-273-8255 has more chances to be #1 in some weeks than Bodak Yellow at this point.

Bodak sales aren't good enough

30 minutes ago, Green said:

1-800-273-8255 has more chances to be #1 in some weeks than Bodak Yellow at this point.

Bodak sales aren't good enough

It still can be discounted. :gaycat2:

3 hours ago, Marco_g2 said:

Why is everyone referring to 1-800 as "Alessia's song" ??

She sings only half a verse on it :toofunny3: 

Number of T10s prior to 1-800:

Logic 0

Khalid 0

Alessia 3

Hmm

3 minutes ago, ebuc said:

Good but 350k are not amazing...

In 2015  it would have been 617K. Plus she got 84M streams. Only ADELE can beat her stats. Don't you think that's amazing?

Edited by Miracle

19 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

Logic 0

Khalid 0

Alessia 3

Hmm

Still, it's barely her song.

Selling 353k in Q3-2017 is indeed equivalent to doing 900k in 2012.

Having 61.4 million streams in Q4-2015 is indeed equivalent to doing 131.7 million in Q3-2017.

Look What You Made Me Do is Taylor's best debut ever & is one of the biggest debuts of all time.

Hello is by far the biggest debut of all time (maybe behind Candle In The Wind) & its streaming stats are incredible (even for 2017).

Edited by Tremor Christ

Exactly hello WAS the biggest debut of all time, in YouTube, Spotify and streaming.  The only record left is sales.  So either Taylor did really well or Adele's streaming numbers were not all that.  Why do people feel the need to continue to ignore the fact that her wigs were snatched effortlessly and Taylor never had the #1 single sales anyway.  Truly the streaming era but it took Taylor to snatch several wigs.  

Adele's sales are great no doubt about it but so were her vevo, YouTube and Spotify numbers. 

Omg these excuses. Taylor was never effected by the changing sales climate now all of a sudden she wouldve sold 3 million in 2004. Like give me a break.:angry:

21 minutes ago, NEZ said:

Omg these excuses. Taylor was never effected by the changing sales climate now all of a sudden she wouldve sold 3 million in 2004. Like give me a break.:angry:

I'm not making excuses for her sales because they are excellent.  I think anything that put her at #1 for the year by a margin of over 100k is excellent. However, if you don't think the backlash from the initial reviews and public outrage did not affect the first week, you are wrong.  I predicted 150-200k TOTAL even before the song was released because I thought the rollout was weird with the snake posts and not speaking directly to fans as most artists do was going to backfire.  However, I was wrong, it sold over 200k the first day then tanked on days 2 and 3 because of the reviews, then picked back up for the remainder of the week with the video release.

That's what happened her, oh and the fact that "Taylor was over" and people couldn't wait to see her flop.  Were it not for that video this song, IMO, would be done and out of the top 10 on iTunes and finished at radio.  Taylor used her talents to fight the public/hater backlash and won.

Edited by SilverSky

3 hours ago, Jonathan said:

and Focus :fan: 

I knew I was missing a song. Thanks for the reminder. :fan:

40 minutes ago, SilverSky said:

Exactly hello WAS the biggest debut of all time, in YouTube, Spotify and streaming.  The only record left is sales.  So either Taylor did really well or Adele's streaming numbers were not all that.  Why do people feel the need to continue to ignore the fact that her wigs were snatched effortlessly and Taylor never had the #1 single sales anyway.  Truly the streaming era but it took Taylor to snatch several wigs.  

Adele's sales are great no doubt about it but so were her vevo, YouTube and Spotify numbers. 

It was stated before that, according to Nielsen Music mid-year reports from the last two years, streaming has increased 114% in the last two years. So yeah, Hello first week streaming numbers in 2015 (61.6 million) were amazing. Taylor did 84 million in 2017 which is also amazing. Which one was more amazing? I think it's in the eye of the beholder.

Edited by Cover

YAS @ Taylor and Logic

3 minutes ago, Cover said:

It was stated before that, according to Nielsen Music, streaming has increased 114% in the last two years. So yeah, Hello first week streaming numbers in 2015 (61.6 million) were amazing. Taylor did 84 million in 2017 which is also amazing.

Okay and single sales have decreased.....so all even then.  Taylor did not only have great streaming numbers, she had record breaking streaming numbers.  That's the difference.  It took Taylor to break Adele's record, if it were easily done, it'd have been done sooner.  Don't forget pop girls were supposedly over in 2017, yet here we have a woman doing record breaking streams in 2017.

1 hour ago, family.guy123 said:

Logic 0

Khalid 0

Alessia 3

Hmm

receipts. tea.

34 minutes ago, SilverSky said:

Okay and single sales have decreased.....so all even then.  Taylor did not only have great streaming numbers, she had record breaking streaming numbers.  That's the difference.  It took Taylor to break Adele's record, if it were easily done, it'd have been done sooner.  Don't forget pop girls were supposedly over in 2017, yet here we have a woman doing record breaking streams in 2017.

Adele had record breaking streaming numbers in 2015, Taylor in 2017. When Adele releases in 2020 she's probably going to a new first week/day record (let's see if I'm right, of course there are also other factors, for example Taylor has younger fans who are way ahead of their streaming). I'm not diminishing Taylor's success, she did extremely great and she was probably the only person able to break Adele's numbers. They both are way bigger than their peers and although streaming's increasing every year, I don't think nobody else can achieve Adele's first day/week streaming numbers anytime soon. Taylor did that and at least one contributing factor to it was the rise in the use of streaming services compared to 2 years ago.

Edited by Cover

1 hour ago, NEZ said:

She has been effected by it too clearly. Hence her 2017 lead single selling less than her 2012 promo singles first week with a radio deal, music video, and coming off the biggest album of her career. 

If LYMMD was out in the 2012 climate it could've very well had the highest non-Hello sales week in history and smashed WANEGBT's debut. It had the biggest lead in history on iTunes. And WANEGBT sold 620K coming off her worst-performing album. LWYMMD is coming off her biggest album. 

2 hours ago, ebuc said:

Good but 350k are not amazing...

Not amazing yet there’s literally ONLY ONE person in the entire music industry who can beat that 350k number (plus almost 100k deducted from preorders)

Edited by freddisier

Why did "Tell Me You Love Me" debut so low? :biblio: It was #2 when Taylor released LWYMMD. 

6 hours ago, Marco_g2 said:

Why is everyone referring to 1-800 as "Alessia's song" ??

She sings only half a verse on it :toofunny3: 

Because 95% of members on this forum only listen to pop girls and have probably barely heard of Khalid and Logic before this song.