• Headlock

• Agenor

Some members downplaying taylor's massive numbers
Taylor's did great, i don't even think she's in decline, she's bigger
for comparison, shake it off debuted with 670k units
now she did +910k.. 

12 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Feels Like Home sold 1 million first week. Like what :ace:

I didnt specify which album eras. Point is her popularity dropped drastically between latter album era's. And even using the 1 million figure for her follow up to Come away with me that doesnt compare to 3.38 million and thats not even including inflation which is HUGE considering your talking 2004 sales. And CAWM  had similar US sales to 21. Except Adele's 21 would be adjusted to well over 20 million sales in 2002 numbers. Oh and there was only a 2 year gap between Norahs two albums. The momentum was still strong.

Edited by Rentboy

27 minutes ago, NEZ said:

I dont care how you spin it. She did 353k and for taylor thats a sing shes in danger. Add to that she just released the worst single in her career with her attempting to rap and we have a recipe for disaster. This is already shaping up to be her btw era. Frontloaded sales but a major shift in her career.

What is this mess :rip: 

1 minute ago, Rentboy said:

I didnt specify which album eras. Point is her popularity dropped drastically between latter album era's. And even using the 1 million figure for her follow up to Come away with me that doesnt compare to 3.38 million and thats not even including inflation which is HUGE considering your talking 2004 sales. And CAWM  had similar US sales to 21. Except Adele's 21 would be adjusted to well over 20 million sales in 2002 numbers.

It dropped fairly slowly. 

Come Away With Me was by very far her peak.

And no inflation for first week albums sales is not that huge. Way higher for total sales and yeah I agree 21 was way way bigger than Come Away With Me. 

Hello was a factor, sure, just don't think that big of a factor. 

lol @ the Swift fans saying they were expecting 250k debut...

The numbers are fantastic but i do think the divisiveness of her will hinder the album success in the long term.

On these basis of the first single...i wont be buying the album. Same as for Katy....these artists need to stock with what they're good at. 

Ya'll shading Taylor's sales as if your fave can do it. Remember, they subtracted the sales from Pre-Orders! She's at 400k had they didn't it.

Lmao not ATRL laughing at 350K debut with a record breaking stream when their all favs are opening at 100K tier :ahh:

Y'all do know she lost sales cause of people pre-ordering the album, right? :cm:

11 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

The stanning and everything is perfect is so bad.

Reveal hidden contents

Please point to where that is occurring :smiley:

Defending Taylor's fantastic first week from trolls isn't a bad thing.

7 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

The stanning and everything is perfect is so bad.

Reveal hidden contents

:dies:

Everything is pretty perfect. You should look at the facts and see for yourself. 

From a quick check Mariah seems to be the only other artist with 3 #1 debuts, or songs charting early because Billboard is so stupid to run a different tracking week for airplay and then go #1 in the first real week. So that's pretty nice too :celestial5:

3 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

:dies:

Everything is pretty perfect. You should look at the facts and see for yourself. 

From a quick check Mariah seems to be the only other artist with 3 #1 debuts, or songs charting early because Billboard is so stupid to run a different tracking week for airplay and then go #1 in the first real week. So that's pretty nice too :celestial5:

Britney Spears also did that with Womanizer, 3 and Hold It Against Me. 

Success is relative to each artist. Taylor has mixed results. And the reviews are not great if anybody actually even cares about how the music sounds. So that is not a perfect picture. It should concern even the most deluded of fans. Unless theyre just stats freaks.

And defending her aginst every post just makes you defensive. Overly so. Calm down and let people have an opinion. Its what comment boards are about, y'know.

25 minutes ago, Hunter_13 said:

Y'all do know she lost sales cause of people pre-ordering the album, right? :cm:

They don't. They're not used to that :gaycat2: 

4 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

That's the whole problem.  There shouldn't be any "defending".  People should be allowed to simply state their opinion. Others with varying opinions can state theirs without "defending" or "stacking" others comments, by simply stating their opinion.

We're "defending" Taylor because the people we're responding to aren't stating their opinion, they're trolling. Some people are pressed at LWYMMD's success and so are trying to find ways to downplay it, and many of those members are the same ones who do that for everything Taylor does. 

There is also plenty of civil discussion around her numbers as well.

Y'all are forgetting in 2012 and 2014 pre-orders counted for sales :rip: , the people who pre-ordered still bought and payed for the song, it just didn't count as an official track sale, instead it's an album pre-order. So 350k+ 150k-175k= 500-515K ... that's how many songs were sold. SIO's first week sales were 550K... 70k of those were pre-orders, if pre-orders didn't count then she would've sold 480K. The only difference is now pre-orders don't count and she has twice as much pre-orders as 1989 did at this point. Her label made about as much cash off this song as they did SIO. Probably more. Take into account how much the industry has changed and how sales have declined, all along with SPS and she did like 920K SPS. The delusion to try and label this a flop :rip: .

Edited by 19SLAYty9

19 minutes ago, Rentboy said:

Success is relative to each artist. Taylor has mixed results. And the reviews are not great if anybody actually even cares about how the music sounds. So that is not a perfect picture. It should concern even the most deluded of fans. Unless theyre just stats freaks.

And defending her aginst every post just makes you defensive. Overly so. Calm down and let people have an opinion. Its what comment boards are about, y'know.

It's a good thing LWYMMD is a success by Taylor's "standards" then :celestial3:

Edited by Headlock

8 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

It's really all perspective.

I can assure you thst those making their living off of digital downloads, like iTunes, and to an extent her label, are disappointed in those sales numbers.  While these co,panties know sales are in decline, they still rely heavily on a-listers to break the trend of declining sales and st least extend their living odd a little longer.

bu that's a big sales drop and revenue drop for iTunes on a Taylor single, that's gotta hurt business wise.

tsylor did fantastic. I already stated that.  But something could and should have done better. And there's nothing wrong with saying that.

"Should have done better" :dies:

And pretty sure that Apple is not making their living from iTunes. It's just a software. Few people programming that thing, who all could program something else for Apple instead.  And Apple themselves have very much moved on to streaming. "Look" did great numbers on Apple Music too and Taylor's label will be more than happy with those streaming checks coming in. Would think this first week created more revenue than Shake It Off's first week.

Edited by simmnfierzig

8 minutes ago, Rentboy said:

The desperation for a negative spin :ahh: 

I'm expecting 1M SPS+ opening for album since she apparently sold 900K in 2012 sales according to Swifties

7 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Someone should figure out if the song made more or less than SIO did first week for her label.

More. Counting pure sales alone SIO sold 550k tracks and LWYMMD sold 515K... but this had WAYY more streams, which a lot were from Spotify Premium . So they made more money.

4 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Not everyone thst did thst would have bought the single.

So you're saying she made people spend dollars over a couple of cents? :jonny2:

A business woman :jonny3: 

Edited by touchofmyhand

1 minute ago, Cyanide said:

I'm expecting 1M SPS+ opening for album since she apparently sold 900K in 2012 sales according to Swifties

Expecting five times of Joanne :jonny: Taylor did that