Nielsen: Audio Today Report 2017

alexanderao

A good slide deck on the state of radio with some stats on streaming media consumption thrown in. See the full report here.

qvXF9es.jpg

LiuWZnN.jpg

7CnuvAr.jpg

kvNARVp.jpg

...is county radio really bigger than pop? :rip:

Doesn't Pop have much bigger AI than country? Or is it more about the number of stations (whereas Pop stations are in more populous areas)?

Edited by Communion

1 hour ago, Communion said:

...is county radio really bigger than pop? :rip:

Doesn't Pop have much bigger AI than country? Or is it more about the number of stations (whereas Pop stations are in more populous areas)?

Country has been bigger for a long time. Country just plays more recurrent songs while pop overplays the same song several times. Also pop songs seem a lot bigger since they have appeal outside the country demographic and they're also played on AC and HAC. And there's the fact that most country listeners prefer listening to radio than streaming or iHeart Radio

I'm a bit surprised though that Urban AC is bigger than contemporary Urban.

I didn't realize radio was still growing, I figured with streaming becoming a thing that radio would start dying actually. So messy when some people on this forum want to bitch about radio being a part of the H100 formula :deadbanana:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.