• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almodusa

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• KatyPrismSpirit

Rolling Stone 3.5/5

But the highlight is her own "Happy Mistake," one of the two originals amid the standards, along with the frothy waltz "Folie a Deux." She taps into the connection between her alter ego Harley Quinn and herself, hiding her pain behind makeup and costumes so the show can go on, weeping the tears of a clown when there's no one around. "My head is filled with broken mirrors," Gaga laments, over the acoustic guitar. "If I could fix the broken pieces/Then I'd have a happy mistake." It's not the first time she's asked how she got hooked on the constant attention and adoration of the world. On Harlequin, she uses all these artifacts of vintage pop to continue a story she's been telling her entire career.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-album-reviews/lady-gaga-joker-folie-a-deux-1235114493/

Edited by Infernal Paradise
  • Like 4

One of my favorite albums of the year. I feel sorry for those who don't like it! Close to You, Happy Mistake and That's Life is quite the 1-2-3 closer!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Azealia Banks said:

i feel like 65+ in MC is good 

It's currently 158/163 in the new releases list of metacritics. Doesn't sound that good to me honestly given everything is getting above 70 these days. But it will rise above 70.

1 hour ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Spotify • partial day - 395,833

Good Morning 46 608
Get Happy (2024) 35 467
Oh, When The Saints 31 701
World On A String 28 673
If My Friends Could See Me Now 26 005
That's Entertainment 22 875
Smile 23 100
The Joker 41 288
Folie à Deux 27 526
Gonna Build A Mountain 20 179
Close To You 23 388
Happy Mistake 47 055
That's Life 21 968

People turn it off after good morning kiiiiiii

The Joker doing those numbers without playlisting. Should have been the single tbh 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, liquidlove said:

It's currently 158/163 in the new releases list of metacritics. Doesn't sound that good to me honestly given everything is getting above 70 these days. But it will rise above 70.

yeah but her jazz releases barely get 70+ 

On 9/26/2024 at 10:11 AM, Taylor fanboy said:

Anyway, her Who's Afraid Of Little Old Me?

@Miles.

Thanks for the heads up!  This is excellent, and I never would've listened otherwise because jazz music isn't my thing.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gagalips said:

People turn it off after good morning kiiiiiii

The Joker doing those numbers without playlisting. Should have been the single tbh 

that's what I yesterday as soon as I realized the album was jazz. had to force myself to get back to it today

This is such an amazing album :jonny: I've been listening to it non-stop. Easily her best jazz album. The production is top notch throughout the album :heart:

• Like 1

After multiple listens I give this an 8.5/10 

Some career highlights that will stand the test of time in here. Her voice is in command at all times. Well done, Gaga! 

Edited by TrymeB
  • Like 1

The way she blew all other versions out of the water.

Oh VocalsGa! EmoteGa!

Edited by Taylor fanboy
  • Like 1

I can't believe how many people in here are lying to themselves and us about liking this album, guys it's ok not to enjoy side project, there's a new album coming out that you will probably like honestly, no need to force yourself to listen to this. :suburban:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 9

I can hear early Mariah in Oh the Saints:chick2::chick3:. I never thought she could pull it off but she sounds so good on this carol. The whole album makes me feel happy. Definitely a mood booster like Jazz has been for me in the past. I still can't get over her tone. The beginning of IMFCSMN is giving serious FameGa piano performances vibe. I can't wait to hear how good she sounds on LG7 lead. Please let it be mid October rather than late October.:DWAS:

1 minute ago, NoAngelus said:

I can't believe how many people in here are lying to themselves and us about liking this album, guys it's ok not to enjoy side project, there's a new album coming out that you will probably like honestly, no need to force yourself to listen to this. :suburban:

Music is subjective. This is a very dumb take. 

• Like 3

Should've been an Ep with

the joker

smile

world on a string

folie a deux

happy mistake

everything else is 😴

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.