• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almodusa

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• KatyPrismSpirit

Okay I went in expecting to kinda hate this and never listening but I'm actually thinking it's cute :rip: standouts on first listen: 

World On A String

If My Friends Could See Me Now

Thats Entertainment

Folie A Deux

Close To You 

Happy Mistake

That's Life is so incredible omg

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

Happy Mistake is great.

Smile, Close To You, and That's Life are on my autumn playlist for sure I fear 

Close to You is a remake. It was a huge hit in 1970 by The Carpenters.

• Like 1

A few nice covers.

I need pop gaga back now though. Plz no more jazz.

like you cannot listen to these songs and tell me you don't hear 2007-2008 The Fame SessionsGa in there :weeps:

• Like 8

Good album. I enjoyed it and will definitely replay The Joker, Happy Mistake, and Close to You a lot.

refreshing to hear Gaga sing the Blues 

42 minutes ago, Jude said:

Some of my critiques:

-That's Entertainment should have been shorter

-The Joker sounded like it does not belong the album sonically

-Gonna Build a Mountain felt like a filler to me, her belting sounded strained especially at the last part, and it's the song with the least interesting production among others

-I didn't find it pleasing that they transformed Close To You to an upbeat bubbly song, why? 😢 And her vocal delivery at the end was kinda off

I thought each of these things after my first listen :rip: especially about close to you ending on a strange note, it just barely stuck out 

27 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

Your pop album arrives in February. Can you tell me how it's different than Chromatica, and what can fans expect?

The pop album is nothing like Chromatica. It's a completely different record. I don't know that I'm even ready to talk about it yet, but I recognize that it's coming out soon, and I will. What I would say is, it's all for me. It's meant to be ingested as a time in my life. And I'm also really excited about this idea that I don't have to adhere to an era if I don't want to. I can have a few going at once. That feels unhinged [laughs] and more like me or Harley. Or whoever.

:jonny5:

• Thanks 1

Good Morning - the Debbie Reynolds recording is too ingrained in my brain for me to welcome an inferior cover. 

Get Happy - she isn't Judy Garland but it's pretty decent. 

When The Saints - don't really like this song under any circumstances. Fun arrangement and nice vocal performance I guess. 

World on a String - alright

If My Friends… - wish she had kept up the quiet beginning the whole way through

That's Entertainment - she really is in her bag when in Judy Garland mode, isn't she?

Smile - nice

The Joker - more than a bit on the nose but wow she's knocking this one out of the park

Folie a Deux - I feel like it fits comfortably amongst all these standards and classics, so well done

Gonna Build A Mountain - okay

Close To You - it's nice but I have a feeling I'll vastly prefer the Carpenters rendition if I look it up

Happy Mistakes - nice song. album needed more "quiet" moments like this (even on this she's kinda still singing too loud)

That's Life - appropriately big finish, one of the album's highlights

Happy Mistake will be the only song charting on Spotify WW. But we all know that thanks to Grammy #1 Grammy and Love For Grammys' streams. OGH will be happy for a day but let them talk 

Edited by ViviLittleM

12 minutes ago, Chaos Angel said:

:jonny5:

oh yea she is NOT doing promo for that album :skull:

Just now, hawx23 said:

I was semi hating it during first play but could see the vision. And now I'm on immediate replay :redface:

World on a String is amazing…

Same! I decided to embrace it for what it is! 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.