Katy Perry - '143'

livelikemusic
Oxygen
Message added by Oxygen,

143 = I love you

Love how the tempo picks up throughout the album. It was such a smooth listening experience from start to finish (if we ignore WW's existence) and no doubt one of her most cohesive albums.

Crush (dated) and Gimme Gimme (half-baked) prob my least favourites while All The Love and Wonder (+ IHHM) are absolutely the highlights

I don't really mind Gorgeous as the next single, it has that Unholy vibe

• Like 2

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• thismoment

• Ramcoro

• Tistotal

still holding out till tonight, but I really will not be surprised if she doesn't release after this for a really, really, really long time. 

the absolute nastiness she's receiving, ppl hated her before this Dr. L and piled it on once they saw her getting backlash, fact that she still went through it all, I can tell she's tired. applaud her for sticking through it, but yeah. 

• Like 5

My take is that if she went with IHHM/Gorgeous as the lead, it would not be as bad as what we have now :gaycat6:

Whoever did the track listing 

Kuddos to them 

The tracks are flowing smooth

• Like 4

That one Katy stan camping ATRL defending every single criticism despite constructive or not and just choosing to attack whoever has an opinion about Katy/this album release :rip:

IMG_6818.thumb.jpeg.7bcf9b6d9836c11a3e01

• Haha 2

Gimme Gimme is the only filler track. 

Wonder is a masterpiece. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, GAGAISTHEBESTYA said:

That one Katy stan camping ATRL defending every single criticism despite constructive or not and just choosing to attack whoever has an opinion about Katy/this album release :rip:

If you dont like Katy, what are u doing here? dont you have nextflix? friends? a cat? ijvAbBt.thumb.gif.c5f289fd51454356421d31 the obsession is real 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

I see people are already trying to spin this into '' IT'S REALLY BAD AND HAS NO DEPTH OR INTEGRITY AND PRODUCED BY A R*PIST BUT IT'S FUN SEXY PARTY BAWPS OMGGGGG IT'S EXACTLY WHAT THE WORLD NEEDS YAAASSS '' thing

Don't fall for it, there are tens, hundreds of better albums to bop to. 143 isn't fun, it isn't cool, it isn't witty, it isn't sexy... it's nothing. How a previous big hitmaker can fall so low, I don't know. 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

6 minutes ago, GAGAISTHEBESTYA said:

That one Gaga stan camping on a Katy Perry thread despite never liking her in the first place

spacer.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

what a surprise that the only actual decent song on the whole album is the one where dr luke has no credits (wonder)

klepty WHY didn't you just work with stargate and cirkuit when they could do it without luke??? :bam:

2 minutes ago, AcidPrince said:

If you dont like Katy, what are u doing here? dont you have nextflix? friends? a cat? ijvAbBt.thumb.gif.c5f289fd51454356421d31 the obsession is real 

To help you from talking alone in this thread, mind you this thread will only be partially revived after the release solely because of how horrible it's gonna perform commercially and critically and people are only going to come here to see how terrible it's going to do/doing :heart2:  I love Katy and all but mutual respects have gradually lost after her certain career choices aka working with that certain producer. Wish her and you the best of luck. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, AcidPrince said:

1 minute ago, OrgVisual said:

That one Gaga stan camping on a Katy Perry thread despite never liking her in the first place

spacer.png

This is NOT the Katy Perry Base thread. This is a thread to discuss the album, whether you love Katy Perry or not. 

The album sucks, go touch grass if people thinking that hurts you so bad. Seriously.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

Just now, GAGAISTHEBESTYA said:

To help you from talking alone in this thread, mind you this thread will only be partially revived after the release solely because of how horrible it's gonna perform commercially and critically and people are only going to come here to see how terrible it's going to do/doing :heart2:  I love Katy and all but mutual respects have gradually lost after her certain career choices aka working with that certain producer. Wish her and you the best of luck. 

Try harder, this Regine George persona isnt working honey. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I like this album better than smile and witness 

But Smile and witness has better highs but it's lowers are in trenches 

I'll give this album 8 ish 

1 minute ago, Album Leak said:

This is NOT the Katy Perry Base thread. This is a thread to discuss the album, whether you love Katy Perry or not. 

The album sucks, go touch grass if people thinking that hurts you so bad. Seriously.

ok Little Monster :gaycat2:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AcidPrince said:

ok Little Monster :gaycat2:

By tomorrow you will have more than Little Monsters calling the album complete dookie, but yes have fun with pretending that it's only bitter Gaga stans who would ever dislike Katy's music I guess. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Miracle Whip said:

Bad.

Not a genre, sis. Keep trying! We're all rooting for you.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Grown people writing paragraphs of comparisons, drags and needlessly big words over a pop album... I can't believe the things I'm reading. 

Anyway, just about 3 more hours left for me. I'm VERY excited :wave2: I feel like CRUSH is gonna be my favorite song but we'll see.

Also, HAS A HEART is so so so damn cute and catchy! I might buy the exclusive CD just for this song alone!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Album Leak said:

By tomorrow you will have more than Little Monsters calling the album complete dookie, but yes have fun with pretending that it's only bitter Gaga stans who would ever dislike Katy's music I guess. 

Cool. 

I like the album, it's very fresh and cohesive.

Her vocals are good and I appreciate that every track is different.

who gets here to scream that the album sucks, that's just because they are very prejudiced. 

• Thanks 5

23 minutes ago, GipJo said:

Some Katycats should be thankful that liddos like me gave this album some streams, some petty fans from both sides refuse to listen to their music, which is sad imo. I hope you realize that before labeling people's opinions.

Anyway, I understand where she is coming from, she wanted to be safe and pleasing to public but I think Witness is much more interesting (excluding some album track fillers), if she can't capture the old glory, at least be bold.

It' not out, they are listening to it illegally  :rip: She is nit getting any streams over these bottom scheme reviews

42 minutes ago, AcidPrince said:

Too many little monsters here trying to sound edgy and experts in music :biblio: 

Time to bring out the Roar gifs to ward them off

46acf5edb040ecf67bc3f50355e78343.gif

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Album Leak said:

the real question is why are people who hate Katy listening to this album? lol :gaycat2:

• Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, GAGAISTHEBESTYA said:

Not true, she deserves to flop for releasing this shlt :cm:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.