Katy Perry - '143'

livelikemusic
Oxygen
Message added by Oxygen,

143 = I love you

For something marketed as a big dance album, I personally wouldn't have had Gimme Gimme and Gorgeous as tracks 2 and 3 on the tracklist :skull:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• thismoment

• Ramcoro

• Tistotal

Artificial...

swiftie-freakout.gif

Dance music doesn't necessary need to have deep meaningful lyrics. But it shouldn't be void of fun, and completely bland and soulless.

Edited by zoldyck
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, DaniDani said:

People are actually trashing a 4 year old kid on the other forum, like that's insane...

Anyway, I'm waiting until oficial hour for Brazil today. I feel like Wonder is gonna be a favorite cause I like Stargate tracks from other albums

when it comes to Katy ATRL has no boundaries  :dies: 

• Like 1

I saw insiders say that Gorgeous should have been the lead single so I went into it expecting it to be of that caliber and...? I guess their finger just isn't on the pulse.

Like halfway into the album and All the Love is the only song that spoke to me in any way. The first 3 seconds kinda remind me of Mamma Mia.

3 minutes ago, Motivation93 said:

So what's going on with the bonus tracks? 

The only one I've seen posted so far is has a heart and it has Daisy feature on it 

Edited by Landanlorenzo

A verse in Gimme Gimme sounds similar to her older song but I don't know what song.

Crush should've been the lead single with an 2000's eurodance trash like Cascada and Planet of the Bass

camp cute and nostalgic

Really enjoyable album. Some interesting productions. Artificial, Crush, Gorgeous stand out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

All The Love should have been the lead single. It's lyrics are in sync with the goodwill she's built going into the era (and destroyed by Dr, L*ke)

The best one so far:clap3:

• Like 1

I've just listened to the nz snippets and things are not looking very well for Katy.

A couple of weeks ago we thought this was going to be her Emancipation of Mimi but it's not even going to be her Glitter.

Daisy Dove vocals are cute!! 

Top 3: All the Love, Gimme Gimme, I'm His, He's Mine :heart2:

I loved this album! The only tracks I don't love on initial listen were "Truth" and "Wonder". Top 3 are: Gorgeous, All The Love and Artificial. Gimme Gimme feels flat though. There is something missing in the beat, it needed an explosive last chorus. Plus 21 Savage's verse felt lazy.

i would have picked Lifetimes or Wonder as the lead single. i think they have the best chance of baiting Europe but would probably still flop.

i enjoyed All The Love but it's still kind of a weak song

I loved this album! The only tracks I don't love on initial listen were "Truth" and "Wonder". Top 3 are: Gorgeous, All The Love and Artificial. Gimme Gimme feels flat though. There is something missing in the beat, it needed an explosive last chorus. Plus 21 Savage's verse felt lazy.

• Like 1

1. All the love

2. Nirvana

3. Lifetimes

cute honorable mentions:

Crush

Wonder

I wanted to like Gimme Gimme, but it goes nowhere :jonny2:

• Like 1

A very mid pop album. Clearly better than woman's world and lifetimes. I don't get what made them think woman's world would be a better lead than nirvana, artificial, truth, all the love… these all would've been a great start. 

other than that, it's quite forgettable, I can't say anything stands out but the whole project (apart from woman's world) has more cohesiveness than smile and witness. Wasted potential! 

1 hour ago, West Coast said:

it went from worse to worser :biblio:

• Thumbs Down 1

As a katycat I'm just sad that this album is such a cash grab. I guess the actual reason why she returned to Dr. **** was the friendship discount

• Haha 2

I know why she's getting hate and i do understand it. But honestly, Katy for me meant so much to me during Teenage Dream as a young gay guy. I will forever love her. 

This album, for me, gives me everything i've ever wanted and needed from a Katy album. Her voice sounds great, the songs are so dancey and fun - yes albeit a little surface level. I just love Katy and everything she's done for pop and 'Crush' is immediately up there with her best for me! 

• Like 7

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.