Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT: THE ANTHOLOGY'

Almodusa

6 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

I'm not trying to end up on Taylor Nation's **** list. 

Hide contents

I have seen one lyric from the album and am now preparing for an I Forgot My Talent Existed level catastrophe. 

taylor-swift-the-tortured-poets-departme

:ahh: 

No don't worry. This isn't a I Think He Blows (Men) / Lavender Gays snippet case again. 

• Haha 1

• Replies 46k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

Wait, I'm starting my second listen, this time with headphones, and it fucks even harder :WAP:

Finished the album and this is by far her best effort since folklore. I get the Midnights comparisons in the synth sound, plus the melodies sometimes are a little bit resemblant. However, I think that this album is far way more well crafted than the previous one and despite Antonoff repeating himself, at least he has managed to succeed this time as much as he did in Ocean Blvd.

The biggest problem about this album is that it would have worked better as a 13-album-track. 16 tracks plus bonuses is too much and some songs in the second part drag this problem. Clara Bow, for example, is a little bit dull. I Can Do It With a Broken Heart is the typical Antonoff joke song he always produces in her albums. She should have deleted it.

In short, Dessner is a great producer and Antonoff has get away with it, but she needs to switch producers. She cannot get stuck in this sound forever, even though she has managed to created a really interesting album this time.

Top 5

But Daddy, I Love Him (best track of the album by far. AMAZING production and structure)

The Tortured Poets Department

Guilty As Sin?

Fresh Out The Slammer

So Long, London

Tracks I don't feel at all

I Can Do It With a Broken Heart (delete it sis)

Clara Bow

I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can)

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Saintlor said:

Florence sounds like someone is pinching her nose 

q03FoCp.gif

That's her signature :lmao:

She and post malone have the same vibrato :rip:

• Haha 2

Just now, Saintlor said:

Selling 1M is a decline for Taylor

q03FoCp.gif

When this only does 1.4M... Vegas residency and American Idol stint incoming

q03FoCp.gif

• Haha 4

WAOLOM is what YOKO ONO should've been :jonny5:

I think I need to listen to this with headphones, I think it would make a difference

• Like 1

I'm half way through the album and have been enjoying the songs for far, but I just know that but daddy I love him will cause so much discourse in the fandom. She should've left it off :toofunny3:

Spoiler

I mean, yeah she's right that Swifties do not have the right to tell her who she can and cannot date, but it also feels like she's saying "lol I don't care if y'all say Matty Healy is racist. I love him!” And why is she portraying her POC fans who spoke out about his racism as conservative wine moms…

It's a shame too since this song is pure Speak Now and I love that.

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

The bridges are bridging on this album 

spacer.png

• Like 3

I would say I can see Down Bad doing well, but what's the edit going to be like? :dies:

1 minute ago, Tyrion_LMG said:

I Can Do It With a Broken Heart (delete it sis)

You're the only other person who feels this way other than me that I have seen.

Hey sis :cm:

• Thanks 1

But Daddy I Love Him - I was so nervous for this from the title but it's strong 

• Like 3

Just now, Lose My Breath said:

I think I need to listen to this with headphones, I think it would make a difference

My first listen was in the car but I'm on my second with headphones on and it's so much better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lose My Breath said:

I'm doing it for the first time and it makes a huge difference 

• Like 1

Yes, 1000%. There's a lot I didn't hear when I played it out loud. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Magickarp said:

WAOLOM is what YOKO ONO should've been :jonny5:

Now now, let's not hate on You're on Your Own, LEGEND

q03FoCp.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoJo said:

I'm half way through the album and have been enjoying the songs for far, but I just know that but daddy I love him will cause so much discourse in the fandom. She should've left it off :toofunny3:

Hide contents

I mean, yeah she's right that Swifties do not have the right to tell her who she can and cannot date, but it also feels like she's saying "lol I don't care if y'all say Matty Healy is racist. I love him!” And why is she portraying her POC fans who spoke out about his racism as conservative wine moms…

It's a shame too since this song is pure Speak Now and I love that.

I'm really shocked that she would write about Matty considering the relationship was quickly buried. I never thought she'd want to risk any bad press

• Like 1

Hundreds of people in here and not ONE person think that fortnight is a Hit or it's his favorite, and yet she put all her money and effort in that. How nobody else told her that?

It would have done great by being the 1st song anyway. She should have choose anything else and I'm annoyed. It's very hard to get a hit after.

I can guarantee it does. 

You're not ready for WAOLOM again with better sound. 

• Like 1

The beginning of The Smallest Man On Earth reminds me of Hoax.

Fresh Out Of The Slammer my fave so far. lowkey her NFR! moment :jonnycat:

Is Fortnight actually the lead? its so forgettable
q03FoCp.gif

a cute 6/10 song thats probably her 150th best song or sth
q03FoCp.gif

Edited by TaylenaStan

nnn why are there a few seconds of FOTS that remind me of Enchanted verses :gaycat7:

Someone please collect me :gaycat7:

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.