• Replies 48.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

That sudden shift in fresh out the slammer caught me off guard.

• Like 1

this is even worse than midngihts

it was bad for her, it was really bad for her

JR3ePx9.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

It's pop music.

Think Midnights 3AM edition, but towards the second half, make it grittier sonically.

Mr. S described it perfectly.

Edited by Taylor fanboy
  • Thanks 1

When Espresso ends up a bigger hit than any song on this album

q03FoCp.gif

I mean how long was she with Matty?  I can't imagine even spending the time writing a song about it :rip:

30 minutes ago, emile20 said:

Here is my thoughts after a first listen, I am sure it will change with time- I do not support leaks and I PAID and preordered the album.

Reveal hidden contents

Overall I think the album is very synth heavy and reminiscent of 1989 mixed with RED. I enjoyed it and I think upon release it'll get better with time- The second half of the album is so upbeat and danceable the first half is 

1. Fortnight: No Post only Taylor. Raw real heartbreaking synths and beautiful. 8/10

2. TTPD: (****! vibes) Sweet: Who uses typewriters anyway? Who's gonna love you like me? No ******* body. Who's gonna want you? Who's gonna haunt you? False engagements... Closest she came was him taking her middle finger ring and putting it on. Her heart exploded he never did it for real. He threatened suicide if she ever left. 9/10

3.My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys: SYNTH WAVE HEAVEN. OHOH OHHH. CHILLS. "He runs because he loves me"- sad, tragic masked in in a beautiful cascade of synths to drown out the pain. 8.5/10

4. Down Bad: Vocal control, sweeter than ever. Cosmic Love. Down Bad crying at the gym... So **** you if I can't have us. 10/10 (Ratty-coded)

5. Song Long, London: OPERA VOCALS - RANGE. Unlike anything heard before- A masterpiece. Devastatingly haunting. Production, vocals, a masterpiece. 9/10

6. But Daddy I Love Him: Reminiscent of Country Taylor. Heavy Chorus, Heavy Production. (Ratty coded) 6.5/10

7. Fresh Out the Slammer: Beautiful Interlude 8/10 (Ratty coded)

8. Florida!!!: 8/10 

9. Guilty as Sin?: Matty Healy 9/10 1975 department

10. Who's Afraid of Little Old Me?: 10/10 WHO'S AFRAID OF LITTLE OLD ME? BANGER!

11. I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can): 8.5/10 Sex with M*tty Healy.

12. loml: legendary, momentary, fake, unnecessary. Not quite married but at the cemetery. 9/10

13. I Can Do It with a Broken Heart: 10/10

14. The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived: M*tty Healy 7/10

15. The Alchemy 7/10

16. Clara Bow 7/10

If this is true 

reminiscent of 1989 mixed with RED

giphy-copy-6.gif

Edited by Danial

Idc what she says, the album begins with track 6. The title track can remain as a deluxe bonus track.

e7b19000213fb80e11ab151773d12f2eb8389456

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Lose My Breath said:

I mean how long was she with Matty?  I can't imagine even spending the time writing a song about it :rip:

It must've been a truly... eventful relationship for it to give so much material. Weren't they together for only a month or two?

2 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

MY BOY for the single please taylor... fortnight should be delegated to bonus track status not SINGLE sis... 

Yeah MBOBHFT should definitely be the lead and not Fortnight, I hope she changes her mind last minute. I'm sure Fortnight will do well but… eh

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

MIDnights

(and EverJESUS in some tracks :jonnycat:)

Does anything sound like a smash?

(Not the best question since anything Taylor releases smashes, but still)

6 minutes ago, 1989 said:

Is anyone else hearing a similarity in the opening of But Daddy I Love Him and the opening of If This Was A Movie? 

:weeps:

Yes, definitely :gaycat7:

Just now, Holiest Dreams said:

Yeah MBOBHFT should definitely be the lead and not Fortnight, I hope she changes her mind last minute. I'm sure Fortnight will do well but… eh

Hopefully this is why the MV isn't dropping at the same time as the album so she has enough time to abort and switch MVs

q03FoCp.gif

Midnights/ folklore sound???

I will be seated for this! 

I love Guilty As Sin? Ahhhh 

Just now, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

I'm only halfway through but it's definitely less tiktokable than Midnights and the 1989 vaults. I'm still looking for the clear palatable hit.

Just now, discotitzz said:

I love Guilty As Sin? Ahhhh 

The best song on the album

• Like 1

Just now, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

Who's Afraid of Little Old Me and Florida!!! are giving discography rate SMASHES

giphy-copy-6.gif

No obvious singles tho.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Like I mentioned in my first reply, this album is exactly the kind of vibe I was posting about wanting in the other thread.

This album will be on repeat for months, that's for sure.

I am pretty sure this will be in my top 3.

1. evermore

2. tortured poets (maybe 1 with time)

3. the jury is still out, either: midnights, folklore, reputation, 1989, red, speak now, fearless, or taylor swift  --- not lover

:ryan3:

Her mum got cancer & got "Oh ah, Soon You'll Get Better x8"

Matty's close friends made fun of her mother, & called her a pig, and he got so many lyrically diverse songs.

• Haha 3

Spoiler

first listen:

-the first four tracks sound like midnight rejects (idk why on earth would she choose fortnight as lead single)

-the album gets better after so long london (the track run from so long london to i can fix him is amazing)

-jack really botched i can do it with a broken heart like whyyy

-clara bow somehow doesn't feel like a strong closer

-the black dog is amazing and it deserved it's place on the standard edition (+ it's much more fiting as a closer)

all in all, it's good

the second half of the album >>>>>> the first four songs

i need more time AND lyrics because on half of the tracks her voice is drowned in reverb and it's a little annoying

top 3:

1. florida!!!

2. loml

3. who's afraid of little old me?

Most of the critique I saw seems fair, the album DOES have Midnights moments. While I don't like to trash him - Jack truly doesn't bring anything new anymore.

Current hot take - Fortnight is actually great and I can see why they chose it as the lead. Post Malone kinda brings nothing to it though

Edited by Illuminati

fortnight is actually the song that sounds the most like slvt!... and she also wanted to make that a single until we shipped it back...

and the fact that she made both of them the opener of their respective releases... 

her horrible taste... me! when cruel grammys was there... 

giphy-copy-6.gif

• Haha 1

loml oh wow oh wow

Finally a new piano melody from her! I'm IN LOVE! :WAP:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.