Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT: THE ANTHOLOGY'

Almodusa

2 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

It must've been a truly... eventful relationship for it to give so much material. Weren't they together for only a month or two?

e7b19000213fb80e11ab151773d12f2eb8389456

I'm not sure, but the way that song plays, I can't believe it even lasted a month or two lol

• Replies 48.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

Yeah MBOBHFT should definitely be the lead and not Fortnight, I hope she changes her mind last minute. I'm sure Fortnight will do well but… eh

Fortnight is probably the most Midnights-esque song to me, meanwhile this album has so much more to offer. 

• Thanks 3

Just now, Magickarp said:

Her mum got cancer & got "Oh ah, Soon You'll Get Better x8"

Matty's close friends made fun of her mother, & called her a pig, and he got so many lyrically diverse songs.

and loml is not about meredith i can't believe this *****

This isn't an album anyone would expect from pop music's biggest star at their peak.

Time will tell whether that's a good or bad thing. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

@Vespertine @Great Username 

CLARA BOW. :WAP:

Good morning babe! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

You're the only other person who feels this way other than me that I have seen.

Hey sis :cm:

It's the typical goofy production from Antonoff like This is why we… or Karma. Don't like it

1 minute ago, Saintlor said:

The best song on the album

Songs where she co-opts religious imagery/concepts being discography highlights :clap3:

• Like 1

But Daddy I Love Him is the pop The Way I Loved You. :WAP:

Spoiler

Unless I'm misunderstanding the lyrics and characters lol

Best tracks IMO

Florida!!!

loml

Who's Afraid

• Like 1

how you guys not liking this be for real this is an INSANE album

• Like 3

okay, if i'm being unbiased it does sound a bit monotone at some points, there's nothing really new or gasp worthy but it's a really enjoyable listen, i really like the most unpretentious moments of the album  

my initial top 4 is

#1. i can do it with a broken heart (very melodrama/supercut coded moment, loved every bit of it)

#2. so long, london (oh the intro hitted so hard)

#3. who's afraid of little old me (really good production structure)

#4. florida!!! (it sounded really fresh towards taylor's style even tho it sounded just like any how big how blue song) :flower2:

Edited by sweetenerhouraoty

She wrote Red about a 20 minute relationship, why wouldn't she write TIPS about a relationship that lasted 2 weeks

the fact that she might actually spent more time writing this than with Matty

But i agree this is not such a album to have when there is taymania happening...

So did Joe even cheat on her?

Is Fortnight's "I wanna kill her" about something else? I'm so confused. :deadbanana:

Is Matty the one that cheated on her? After dating him for a month, like Harry Styles? :deadbanana:

Guilty As Sin was nice

I really liked it on first listen. feels like the kind of album I'd play after spending the day on the beach or after a comedown :alexz3:

• Like 1

Just now, Teneo said:

She wrote Red about a 20 minute relationship, why wouldn't she write TIPS about a relationship that lasted 2 weeks

the fact that she might actually spent more time writing this than with Matty

I mean it sounds like a traumatic two weeks :rip:

6 minutes ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

Does anything sound like a smash?

(Not the best question since anything Taylor releases smashes, but still)

If you're looking for pop bangers, this album is not gonna be your thing. If you took out the radio pop from Midnights and replaced it with folklore / evermore vibes and threw in some vault tracks from 1989 and You're Losing Me, that's what the album is sonically. There's a couple exceptions. I would say you would like I Can Do It With a Broken Heart, which I think is the most radio oriented song personally.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

I mean how long was she with Matty?  I can't imagine even spending the time writing a song about it :rip:

Like 6 weeks, but they had hooked up before back in 2014/2015. He's been a simp for her forever. 

I'm really getting only one 'true' Matty song, though (I Can Fix Him)? Sounds like he's also in But Daddy I Love Him, but it's not exactly flattering, and she's spending a good bit of that song trolling, honestly. 

4/10

The only highlights so far are Florida!! (Saved by Florence) and The Black Dog.

I sometimes wonder if I was tricked by Ms. Swift's one-two strokes of genius with Folklore and Evermore, but I remember even her poppier albums have highs of watching it go round and round each time but not caring bc that D is THAT GOOD!(Style) or fervently begging a man who doesn't care about you to remember dancing in the kitchen in the fridge light (ATW)

She is a CAPABLE and compelling writer when she TRIES to be. She isn't trying right now. 

This is the most monotone boring breakup album I have ever heard. Unfitting for a relationship of 7 years. This feels like two fundamentally incompatible people who somehow stayed together for seven years.. He didn't cheat on her, he didn't belittle her, he didn't abuse her; he simply couldn't give her what she needed which according to her is attention.

And don't get me started on Antonoff's production..the synths sound soooo out of place in such a downtempo album. The lack of variety in beats until Florida. She needs a new producer ASAP.

But Taylor Swift could fart on a synth beat and go triple platinum by the years end, get countless Grammys, etc. I do hope this mediocrity isn't rewarded

spacer.png

Edited by Jaguarqueef
Text color
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Oxygen said:

Fortnight is probably the most Midnights-esque song to me, meanwhile this album has so much more to offer. 

I was scared when I first listened to it and it gave Midnights vibes, thank god it's an outlier :ahh: 

Although I actually like the song a lot, but lead single material… not sure about that part

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tyrion_LMG said:

It's the typical goofy production from Antonoff like This is why we… or Karma. Don't like it

Its a shame because I thought the first minute sounded really promising, until it didn't. 

:jonny3:

Finished listening. Kept 3 tracks. Deleted the rest.

OrxHuX1.gif

Listened to the 3 tracks again. Deleted one.

IMG_0224.gif?ex=662d6c7c&is=661af77c&hm=

Forcing myself to like the other 2.

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 4

Oh the black dog ENDED me :jonny:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.