Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT: THE ANTHOLOGY'

Almodusa

2 minutes ago, JoJo said:

I'm half way through the album and have been enjoying the songs for far, but I just know that but daddy I love him will cause so much discourse in the fandom. She should've left it off :toofunny3:

Hide contents

I mean, yeah she's right that Swifties do not have the right to tell her who she can and cannot date, but it also feels like she's saying "lol I don't care if y'all say Matty Healy is racist. I love him!” And why is she portraying her POC fans who spoke out about his racism as conservative wine moms…

It's a shame too since this song is pure Speak Now and I love that.

Is that who the song is about? Idk I'm so removed from caring about the actual subjects of her songs

• Like 1

• Replies 48.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

Boring. Everything is a reharsh of either Midnights or folklore/evermore. There're hints of some interesting directions here (London, Down Bad) but Antonoff's one-trick pony production and her vocal limitation kinda hinder it all. "Florida" is the only exciting track and Florence stole the spotlight. And Blondie doesn't know how to write hooks anymore :deadbanana2: She used to be so good at it (take 1989 or Cruel Summer for example)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 7

It just feels jarring and strange that this is the album coming from the biggest fame-peak we will ever witness in our lives

1 minute ago, Saintlor said:

I'm really shocked that she would write about Matty considering the relationship was quickly buried. I never thought she'd want to risk any bad press

I'm not. She's dragging him anyway. She clearly had nothing positive to say so it's fine with me. 

This is exactly the sound I was expecting from Midnight. I liked the album but like said before it's nothing new from her.

The smallest man.. and Florida are the best songs. 

• Like 1

Just now, wastedpotential said:

nnn why are there a few seconds of FOTS that remind me of Enchanted verses :gaycat7:

Someone please collect me :gaycat7:

I can hear that. 

FLORIDA!!!!

TUM TUM TUM TUM TUM

• Like 1

Is anyone else hearing a similarity in the opening of But Daddy I Love Him and the opening of If This Was A Movie? 

:weeps:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, omrimayo said:

Hundreds of people in here and not ONE person think that fortnight is a Hit or it's his favorite, and yet she put all her money and effort in that. How nobody else told her that?

It would have done great by being the 1st song anyway. She should have choose anything else and I'm annoyed. It's very hard to get a hit after.

I think Fortnight would do well on AC idk it's alright as a lead imo. This album doesn't really have an obvious single.

Why'd she bury ICDIWABH towards the end though? 

So is this pop? Which album does it sound the closest to?

Just now, 1989 said:

Is anyone else hearing a similarity in the opening of But Daddy I Love Him and the opening of If This Was A Movie? 

I couldn't think of what it reminded me of, but you're definitely right 

22 minutes ago, discotitzz said:

Also to anyone who is worrying about the Charlie Puth line: everyone here melting down about it is taking it out of context of

them saying it after getting high together :rip: It's a joke line. Whether it lands well or not is another thing, but it is not comparable to spelling is fun. 

Girl... it's AWFUL.

e7b19000213fb80e11ab151773d12f2eb8389456

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, 1989 said:

Is that why I'm not a fan? 

Cameltoe Chariot

Aight I'm gonna drop out and stop sharing my thoughts because I'm almost done Florida!!! and I have nothing positive to say lmao

I'm actually surprised she made something so low energy considering the pop high she's been experiencing. Everything blends together and sounds so samey.

Hope the swifties can handle the impending tepid reaction from the GP/casual listeners :coffee: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

The way Florence says f**k me up Florida 

INDEED 

:gaycatina1:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

So is this pop? Which album does it sound the closest to?

MIDnights

(and EverJESUS in some tracks :jonnycat:)

• Haha 2

Sisters.. I think this is up there with Red and Folklore/Evermore for me. I am floored. :WAP:

• Like 3

Florida sounding like it came from Florence's latest album...:rip:
Literally giving off "Free" vibes.

• Like 3

How is Fortnight bad? :shakeno: The "I wanna kill her" delivery is so ******* good.

Can someone tell me who the husband & wife are though? At first i thought she wanted to kill Joe's mistress, but she refers to him as the other woman's husband too.

Post's enunciating on Ruining is serving Stewie "Whoo-ee-ning" :dies:

• Haha 2

WE WON :WAP:

Wow what a moment! 

Something tells me @Mandalore won't approve Clara Bow aka Karlie Kloss. :WAP:

• Like 1

Just now, 1989 said:

The way Florence says f**k me up Florida 

INDEED 

:gaycatina1:

When I was listening to this in the car, I thought she said "**** me hard in Florida." I was like yas sis.

• Haha 3

I don't trust the negative replies. Swifties are always so over dramatic when they think it doesn't sound like a smash :rip: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Girl... it's AWFUL.

To pretend it's the same realm as ME! is disingenuous, which was my point. It's maybe as bad as the Drake reference on IFYE, which is easily ignorable 

MY BOY for the single please taylor... fortnight should be delegated to bonus track status not SINGLE sis... 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.