Is Gaga an A-list actress?

bjorn

4 hours ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/joker-2-trailer-views-first-24-hours-1235968367/

"The trailer launch for "Joker: Folie à Deux" was no laughing matter for Warner Bros. The marketing for the studio's upcoming DC sequel, headlined by Joaquin Phoenix and Lady Gaga, got off to a stellar start with 167 million viewers in its first 24 hours. The teaser trailer went online right after it debuted at Warner Bros.’s CinemaCon presentation in Las Vegas.

Sources tell Variety that the "Joker" sequel's trailer numbers and social engagement surpassed that of the first "Barbie" trailer to become Warner Bros.’ biggest launch in recent years. The release was no doubt bolstered by Lady Gaga's massive 150 million follower social media footprint. The trailer instantly became the #1 trending video on YouTube on premiere night and currently boasts 15.6 million views and counting on that platform alone, where it remains the #4 trending video nearly two days after its launch. »

:gaygacat4:

OT: Yes, Gaga is an A+-list everything-she-does I fear. 

4 hours ago, Leptine said:

yoOC4gy.png

21 minutes ago, Leptine said:

We're talking a movie released in particular circumstances in a pandemic as pointed out by all the media outlets of the field, when all the movies of the same genres were struggling box office wise, which made HOG box office gross standing out in that period, no rated R drama did better for 4 years until 'Oppenheimer' release last year in a better box office climate.

Oh wow :gaygacat4: Let's also include the praises she got from *Oscar winning* directors during that season:

• Thanks 1

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AllyGayTor

• duybeeGAshantiGA

• Katy.Kat.23

• Leptine

7 hours ago, AllyGayTor said:

Halle Barry isn't on that imdb list. So thanks for proving my point so easily:suburban:

She is on mine and the only point proven was that you deleted what's relevant to this thread as the post after you said lol

spacer.png

I suggest not being so invested in if a millionaire a list pop star is seen as an a list actress. You'll live much happier :heart2:

• Thumbs Down 1

She's definitely a box office draw, but if you asked anyone on the street to name 5 A-list actresses, I really doubt they would say her name.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Blue Monday said:

The Little Monsters going on a disliking spree on any comment that doesn't line up with their world view that Lady Gaga is an A-List actress after only being in two films 

spacer.png

I mean… sure. An actress booking the female lead role to the sequel to the highest grossing R rated film starring along side Joaquin Phoenix, getting paid the same as Margot Robbie, isn't an A-list actress.

Must be a tough pill to swallow for you how fast some

people get to where they are. :heart2:

OT: Can't wait to see A-List actress, L. Gaga, again. :heart2:

I'm sure her haters will be perched (but quiet and seething).

• Like 3

C list at best. She's no Natalie Dormer that's for sure.

0be9a0b6c536c2532a82a584b02733f76417ffbc

Edited by Tudors
  • Haha 1

Looking at the demand for her as a lead actress, the directors who want to work with her, and the amount she is getting paid, the answer is obviously yes.  

• Like 5

She's def NOT an A-List actor. I really hope y'all can just accept the fact that she's an A-list musician that is very talented in acting. But in comparison to a lot of these other A-list actors she has something missing that they DO have. Her getting the role of Harley was def partly due to her major success as a musician. 

Ariana Grande would make more sense being called an "A-List Actor" in the future due to her nearly two decades of acting. She's done broadway, has been on shows. She's only just now really making her debut on the big screen. 

But calling Gaga an A-List Actor when she does not have NEAR the acting history that most A-List actors do nor the experience or movies is very odd. She can become an A-List actor. But rn she still has more to prove and more films to be in.

Edited by cuteboyzay
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

It takes more than one hit and one mediocre success to be A list. But as I said in my last post, Gaga can sing so she's definitely the top choice for musicals at this point. The problem is her acting is already getting samey so she's in danger of being pigeonholed.

• Thumbs Down 2

I think after the Joker is released she will be. It will probably be one of the biggest movies of the year.

yes 100% 

don't let OGHs here fool you she ain't an A-List Actress... 

that 12M paycheck is the proof...

12 hours ago, Resquid said:

Yall clowns fr, they sat her ass FRONT ROW at the Oscars. Olivia Colman name dropped her on her acceptance speech. She sweeps BAFTA, golden globe, critics choice, and every other you-name-it pedantic film society Award with literally every role she takes. She's leading the biggest and hottest movie of the year, payed 12MILLION dollars for the gig, CERTIFIED BISMS… like give me a break

if it's payed like A-lister, treated as A-lister, and draws the audiences of an A-lister, at some point you just gotta call a duck a duck. Y'all standards are literally UN-REALISTIC.

:gaygacat4:

14 hours ago, Resquid said:

Yall clowns fr, they sat her ass FRONT ROW at the Oscars. Olivia Colman name dropped her on her acceptance speech. She sweeps BAFTA, golden globe, critics choice, and every other you-name-it pedantic film society Award with literally every role she takes. She's leading the biggest and hottest movie of the year, payed 12MILLION dollars for the gig, CERTIFIED BISMS… like give me a break

if it's payed like A-lister, treated as A-lister, and draws the audiences of an A-lister, at some point you just gotta call a duck a duck. Y'all standards are literally UN-REALISTIC.

She has been in two movies (not counting Joker since it has yet to be released or seen at this point) with two additional cameos in Sin City 2 and Machete Kills :rip:

Joker FAD will be a huge level up if it's good enough and does well at the box office but trying to insist she is an A-List actress at this juncture is just not accurate. 

Edited by Blue Monday

Not a fan of her acting but let's be real, based on ASIB and HOG alone she's well-respected, the awards and recognition based off those two movies alone are fantastic for her.

Her time with Joker will really elevate her even more. Will for sure be a box office draw due to Joker already being established and that will help her build more of a movie fanbase whenever she spearheads a movie off her name in the future. Critically she's in great position, if this movie gets a lot of acclaim like the first one then she can be carried to another Oscar nom.

So yes, she's A-List and will keep growing from here.

Edited by Mr. Duff
  • Like 1

Gaga is A list everything. Cemented queen. 

By all objective measures, yes?

BAFTA, Critics Choice, Golden Globe, SAG, and Oscar nominated actress who is getting $10,000,000 + box office for Joker 2.

9 hours ago, Jay07 said:

It takes more than one hit and one mediocre success to be A list. But as I said in my last post, Gaga can sing so she's definitely the top choice for musicals at this point. The problem is her acting is already getting samey so she's in danger of being pigeonholed.

ASIB, HOG, and Joker 2 are not similar to one another in any way, shape, or form. :ahh:

Edited by Sannie

13 hours ago, dirrtydiana said:

the only point proven was that you deleted what's relevant to this thread as the post after you said lol

You being bothered about me exposing that decade old, black excluding "list" you posted so proudly isn't my problem :rip: I suggest you do your research properly or don't do it at all

Screenshot-2024-04-15-at-9-48-29-AM.png

https://www.masterclass.com/articles/how-to-improve-your-research-skills

:suburban:

• Like 1

She's been in two movies. It's literally insane and too early to call her an A list actress. Do people honestly think she's at Olivia Colman or Frances Mcdormand level? Cause those are who I'd consider A list. 

She's an A+ list celebrity, an A list musician and a B list actor at best. For now. I'm sure her profile will raise after the joker movie and her subsequent acting projects. 

On 4/14/2024 at 2:13 PM, Marry Illusion Glory said:

HoG was not an IP-driven movie and almost half the audience surveyed cited her as the reason why they watched it, more than the rest of the ensemble cast COMBINED :rip:

Close to 40% of the audience said they came out for Lady Gaga, while 32% cited the ensemble cast of Adam Driver, Al Pacino, and Jared Leto

- Deadline

OT: Obviously, she's drawing a $12M salary for just her third lead role, a highly anticipated sequel to the only 1B-grossing Rated-R film to date that was nominated for a whopping eleven Oscars and won two. That alone speaks volumes about her current status as an A-list actress.

The better question is, why are you so pressed about her acting career, dear OP?

tumblr_90056d2b11761204edeb7353e2564b0d_

DRAG IT :clap3:

Like I feel we allll would love for her to become an A-List actor. Of aalll the musicians she def deserves it in the near future, but it's wayyy too early to put or think she deserves to be mentioned (acting wise) in the same vein as Angelina Jolie, Emma Stone, Jennifer Lawrence, Viola Davis, Angela Bassett, Zendaya, Meryl Stryp. 

That's like when people ask if Dua Lipa is on the same level as Ariana Grande in terms of music and commercial success :deadbanana2:. She's had hits and two huuggeee eras, but two albums compared to Ariana Grande's seven albums is just wild. 

Like I said I KNOW Lady Gaga will def become A-List acting wise. Especially after this Joker movie and how well it's received.
I see it happening IMMEDIATELY after. But right now it still feels too soon to call.

Edited by cuteboyzay

For the people bringing up her paycheck, Margot Robbie was paid 12.5 million for Barbie. Do you think she was A-List *before* she did Barbie? Looking at her filmography it was Suicide Squad (panned) a bunch of flops like Amsterdam and Babylon and a bit part in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. A big paycheck only meant that they really wanted her for the role which is what the director for Joker also said about Gaga.

uh yea

She's an A list musician and celebrity, but for her acting alone, no.

I think so. Joker's highly likely box success and acclaim will just reinforce this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.