Is Gaga an A-list actress?

bjorn

42 minutes ago, Riverbank said:

She's been only in 3 movies and is already getting typecast :rip:

ATLR once again showing they know nothing outside of pop music/TRL. The general definition of movie stars is that they get type-cast. Character actors are the ones who play a wide variety of roles.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AllyGayTor

• duybeeGAshantiGA

• Katy.Kat.23

• Leptine

I don't think so. I mean she does get paid like one but again she is the biggest popstar of the century so they know her just being in the movie will attract attention and potential ticket sales.

No. Joker was big before Gaga joined. 

• Confused 2

She always wanted to be an actress so I'm happy that she's succeeding in it. But I really fail to find why she would still use Lady Gaga as her name for movies. She really should have used her real name for that. Lady Gaga is literally someone else than the actress Gaga. But I get it for marketing reasons, branding reasons of course. 

An A-List actress would be someone with a lot of years of experience under their belt like Meryl Streep. Is Gaga in the same box as Meryl? No. But if she continues doing as well as she does she might get there in a few years. 

Edited by Lana Banana
  • Like 1

Yes! And the fact she is had the leading role in one of the biggest movies of the year just further proves it

Gaga is A-list in music and B-list in movies. She's getting paid less than Phoenix too, so that shows she still has a ways to go. If she keeps making movies she may reach A-list status.

• Thumbs Down 2

Only time will tell. You don't become an A lister with one smash movie in 6 years. 

17 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

If you're gonna do research at least check the dates :deadbanana4: Also that "list" is as white as the background of that website please :rip:

Screenshot-2024-04-15-at-9-48-29-AM.png

• Haha 8
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, AllyGayTor said:

If you're gonna do research at least check the dates :deadbanana4: Also that "list" is as white as the background of that website please :rip:

Screenshot-2024-04-15-at-9-48-29-AM.png

i don't see that date on mobile but Saoirse Ronan who became an lister in the late 2010s is on there so fume 🤷‍♀️ 

I'm just a messenger providing facts. Be mad at the ones who made those lists 

Edited by dirrtydiana
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

Saoirse Ronan who became an lister in the late 2010s is on there so fume 🤷‍♀️ 

I'm just a messenger providing facts. Be mad at the ones who made those lists 

If you feel validated by a random decade old list with absolutely no black women in it, then good for you sis :suburban:

16 minutes ago, AllyGayTor said:

If you feel validated by a random decade old list with absolutely no black women in it, then good for you sis :suburban:

Halle Berry and Gong Li are white women? And what I feel does not change the fact that gaga is not yet an a lister in this field. Stop taking personal feelings into account and so deeply

:ryan3:

Edited by dirrtydiana

9 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

Halle Berry and Gong Li are white women?

Halle Barry isn't on that imdb list. So thanks for proving my point so easily:suburban:

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/joker-2-trailer-views-first-24-hours-1235968367/

"The trailer launch for "Joker: Folie à Deux" was no laughing matter for Warner Bros. The marketing for the studio's upcoming DC sequel, headlined by Joaquin Phoenix and Lady Gaga, got off to a stellar start with 167 million viewers in its first 24 hours. The teaser trailer went online right after it debuted at Warner Bros.’s CinemaCon presentation in Las Vegas.

Sources tell Variety that the "Joker" sequel's trailer numbers and social engagement surpassed that of the first "Barbie" trailer to become Warner Bros.’ biggest launch in recent years. The release was no doubt bolstered by Lady Gaga's massive 150 million follower social media footprint. The trailer instantly became the #1 trending video on YouTube on premiere night and currently boasts 15.6 million views and counting on that platform alone, where it remains the #4 trending video nearly two days after its launch. »

:gaygacat4:

OT: Yes, Gaga is an A+-list everything-she-does I fear. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Aethereal said:

House of Gucci did not break even. 

yoOC4gy.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

the way this is already a discussion after just 3 leading roles, she really is the entertainment industry :jonnycat:

Edited by sunbathinganimal

6 minutes ago, Leptine said:

yoOC4gy.png

A $75M movie needs more than $167M to break even based on box office alone. Now it could've turned a profit based on merchandise, TV, streaming and  physical copies sold. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

Yes, but damn I miss when she was focused on music.

My prediction is that after Joker 2 she's going to drop LG7, then focus on movies and starting a family.  :rip: 

Liddos, I hope you all have backup artists to enjoy because LG8 won't be until the 2030s  

I dont like her acting.

But as someone who always follow Oscar race and know how the movie industry work as a movie fan.

Yes Lady Gaga  is A List actress.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2024 at 8:17 PM, Pheromosa said:

actors aren't who they used to be so, perhaps.

it matters a lot less now though

3 hours ago, Aethereal said:

A $75M movie needs more than $167M to break even based on box office alone. Now it could've turned a profit based on merchandise, TV, streaming and  physical copies sold. 

We're talking a movie released in particular circumstances in a pandemic as pointed out by all the media outlets of the field, when all the movies of the same genres were struggling box office wise, which made HOG box office gross standing out in that period, no rated R drama did better for 4 years until 'Oppenheimer' release last year in a better box office climate.

• Thanks 1

The Little Monsters going on a disliking spree on any comment that doesn't line up with their world view that Lady Gaga is an A-List actress after only being in two films 

spacer.png

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.