Is Gaga an A-list actress?

bjorn

as of now, no. however, with joker she will be.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AllyGayTor

• duybeeGAshantiGA

• Katy.Kat.23

• Leptine

Lady Gaga is towards the very top of the a-list period. Anything she throws her weight behind she would instantly become one of the most famous people in the space. She gets a-list pay checks and tons of awards buzz with her acting projects.

She's not as respected as other a-list actors and there's nothing wrong with that. Some people have dedicated their whole lives just to acting and deserve their flowers for doing that.

Edited by Sheep
  • Like 1

some people think actors need the oscar or maybe the 1Billion movie to be A-List, you need something you know, Gaga is so welcomed by her peers, media, public, and critics the only people hating on her are people that hate popstars or  religious people,.. i would say after ASIB getting HOG and now JOKER i would say yes, she just keep booking bigger and better roles for her which means they want to work with her... if you see gaga's acting career and the trajectory  its just wow! from AHS 2015 to Joker 2024 its pretty big deal.

more like D list but at least she's an A lister when it comes to music

• Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Sabrina Carpenter said:

So she is not D-list when it comes to music like you?

Of course she is

tumblr_90056d2b11761204edeb7353e2564b0d_

I mean I consider Nicole Kidman, Angelina Jolie, Reese Witherspoon, Meryl Streep as A-listers 

Gaga isn't quite there yet 

don't you agree?

• Like 4

She has a good amount of acclaim (BA Oscar nom, NYFCC win, multiple BAFTA and SAG acting noms, NBR BA win, a Globe acting win, ect.), success, respect from various industry heavyweights, hype, and buzz. And Warner Bros wouldn't have signed that $12 million check (which is in the same ballpark that an A-list actress like Margot Robbie got paid to star in Barbie) if they thought she was a C-list actress. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sabrina Carpenter said:

A D-lister booking Harley (female lead) in the sequel for the highest grossing R-rated movie. Wow.

To the GP I'd say yes - it has helped her having a huge celebrity and musical career but in the acting world/amongst her peers I'm not certain, yet - getting flashbacks to that zoom interview about the non-alcoholic drinks and all the actresses laughing at her :deadbanana2: but she's only done two movies so she's well on her way for sure - she's a movie star, there is no doubt :clap3:

Edited by teenager

Well yes. The check she got is FAT!

ezgif-2-0be97b39bb.thumb.gif.a6dd3a955d6

Lbr no one is getting cast as Harley Quinn for the Joker sequel and gets paid $12M for it without being A-List. 

She's definitely aiming to be more of a movie star that is also acclaimed and taken seriously as an actress rather than sticking to small indie'd films. And I think her celeb status as a former pop star definitely helped a lot.

• Like 2

A list as in Angelina Jolie.

Not A list as in Cate Blanchet.

• Haha 2

I don't follow movies like that so I don't know what A-list means but I know her celebrity guarantees people will want to check out her movies and she has carved out a niche for herself so she will be on the top of directors' minds for a certain type of role.

She is a respected and acclaimed artist across many industries. ATRL users and their one-dimensional faves can sit. :alexz2:

So 12M to a sequel is A-List? 

Came from pop music success, she's definitely an instant A list movie star, but she needs more acting credit to be real movie star.

So far, all of her movie choices are great.

9 hours ago, Absinthe said:

I think you need to be able to open a film on your name as the main draw in order for that to happen. She has a lot of help from established franchises and recognized actors. 

8 hours ago, narid said:

Perfectly said. She has built a great trajectory, but for her to fully fit into that category, she needs a hit where she is the main lead and the main draw to the movie theatre on her star power alone.

That was House of Gucci. The more experienced actors in that film had all of their other films bombing at the box office around that time.

Just 3 movies … so no :rip:

• Thumbs Down 2

10 hours ago, Domination said:

Yes and no. She's like Jennifer Lawrence in 2012, lot of hype/interest and A-list treatment but her lack of a filmography prevents her from being in the same category as say Meryl Streep.

Basically this. She's has had a ton of undeniable success and acclaim with her projects so far, and studios and directors treat her exactly how they do other A-listers, but she is still building her filmography.

10 hours ago, Absinthe said:

I think you need to be able to open a film on your name as the main draw in order for that to happen. She has a lot of help from established franchises and recognized actors. 

And she already did, with House of Gucci.

"House of Gucci went on to debut to a $22 million five-day opening. The main reasons given for seeing the film were Lady Gaga (40%), the ensemble cast (32%), and the plot (34%)." Almost half of the audience surveyed went to the movie solely because of Gaga.

She's been only in 3 movies and is already getting typecast :rip:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, HausOfPunk said:

And she already did, with House of Gucci.

"House of Gucci went on to debut to a $22 million five-day opening. The main reasons given for seeing the film were Lady Gaga (40%), the ensemble cast (32%), and the plot (34%)." Almost half of the audience surveyed went to the movie solely because of Gaga.

Gucci is a household name as a brand. There were many well-known actors in the film. I'm talking about a situation like Julia Roberts in Erin Brokovich or Sleeping with the Enemy, Jodie Foster in Panic Room, Reese Witherspoon in Legally Blonde or Wild. In all, the female lead was the clear draw. No brand names, no franchises, no remakes, no sequels, no huge A-list actors surrounding them. 

Edited by Absinthe

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.