Is Gaga an A-list actress?

bjorn

I think she's working towards it and I think if Joker is a success it will push her farther into the respected Hollywood realm. A Star Is Born was a massive success and House of Gucci was a respectable follow-up for her but I think she needs more nods in the acting industry to be taken fully seriously, and I say that as a huge fan.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AllyGayTor

• duybeeGAshantiGA

• Katy.Kat.23

• Leptine

Yes, she already has the material to back it up

• Like 2

Not yet 

but Joker:FAD will cement her a list status!!!

2 hours ago, AllyGayTor said:

I'd say any Actor that has an *acting* Oscar nomination would be considered A-List 

I think Gaga is certainly A-List, but there's a hefty number of actors with Oscar noms that struggle to book big projects/remain in public consciousness. 

• Like 3

Any actress getting a $12M paycheck and top billing in one of the most anticipated sequels (to a billion dollar movie) of all time is an A-List actress, so of course

tumblr_90056d2b11761204edeb7353e2564b0d_

• Like 10

Yes and no. She's like Jennifer Lawrence in 2012, lot of hype/interest and A-list treatment but her lack of a filmography prevents her from being in the same category as say Meryl Streep.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Sí 

No. She is an A list musician and celebrity which helps with the box office and attention she receives. But starring in only 3 movies in 6 years is not A list.

• Like 2

I think you need to be able to open a film on your name as the main draw in order for that to happen. She has a lot of help from established franchises and recognized actors. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Domination said:

Yes and no. She's like Jennifer Lawrence in 2012, lot of hype/interest and A-list treatment but her lack of a filmography prevents her from being in the same category as say Meryl Streep.

If 2012 JLaw and 2024 Gaga aren't A list than who do you consider A list? 

• Like 1

No and she can't do it well

• Thumbs Down 8

1 hour ago, Absinthe said:

I think you need to be able to open a film on your name as the main draw in order for that to happen. She has a lot of help from established franchises and recognized actors. 

Perfectly said. She has built a great trajectory, but for her to fully fit into that category, she needs a hit where she is the main lead and the main draw to the movie theatre on her star power alone.

Edited by narid

3 hours ago, AllyGayTor said:

I'd say any Actor that has an *acting* Oscar nomination would be considered A-List 

Ao Zoe Saldana, Jennifer Lopez and Cameron Diaz and Demi Moore are not A-Listers?

No, she hasn't done enough movies or series. Although she does get butts on seats 

• Like 1

If you want me to be honest and unbiased, I think Gaga is in a weird position. She rose to the top of the movie industry so fast. So in a sense, she is A list, but because she is still fairly new, she still has to PROVE her as an A lister. If you get what I mean. She is there but she needs to prove that she belongs there for a longer time. Like longevity! She is like Billie Eilish or Olivia Rodrigo but with movies.

Edited by duybeeGAshantiGA
  • Like 1

A+ actress :gaygacat4:

Yes she is she keeps working with Hollywood A-list. How can you be one of the highest paying stars and now be A-list. It's a fool game if you really think Gaga name won't be enough to spark interest in a movie. 

If you say "no", you're bitter as f+ck lol Of course she is. 

She has done only 3 movies because that's what she wants. She could book anything if she wants it. 

Edited by Blade Runner
  • Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Absinthe said:

HoG was not an IP-driven movie and almost half the audience surveyed cited her as the reason why they watched it, more than the rest of the ensemble cast COMBINED :rip:

Close to 40% of the audience said they came out for Lady Gaga, while 32% cited the ensemble cast of Adam Driver, Al Pacino, and Jared Leto

- Deadline

OT: Obviously, she's drawing a $12M salary for just her third lead role, a highly anticipated sequel to the only 1B-grossing Rated-R film to date that was nominated for a whopping eleven Oscars and won two. That alone speaks volumes about her current status as an A-list actress.

The better question is, why are you so pressed about her acting career, dear OP?

tumblr_90056d2b11761204edeb7353e2564b0d_

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

I'm laughing at the thought of these bitter stans expecting Lady Gaga to accept a movie role with ONLY a cast of unknown actors to prove that she's an in-demand movie star :dies:

• Haha 10

2 hours ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Ao Zoe Saldana, Jennifer Lopez and Cameron Diaz and Demi Moore are not A-Listers?

If they're respected by the Oscars or are currently strong box office draws (which I should've included too) then why not.

1 hour ago, GagaTomFord said:

I'm laughing at the thought of these bitter stans expecting Lady Gaga to accept a movie role with ONLY a cast of unknown actors to prove that she's an in-demand movie star :dies:

Like can they give an example of any movie that has only 1 A listers and the rest are unknown but still a successfil movie.. OGHs are damn too much

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.