JLO outselling Shakira. Surprised?

SweetTalker

Did JLo even chart on Spotify Global Artists Top 200 chart for one day?

Shakira has been there EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Did her album even chart on Spotify Global Top Album weekly chart?

• Thanks 1

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• suburbannature

• shakeyourbombom

• Stankonia

• VerdantHue

That's actually shocking considering that J.Lo's album is like the biggest flop of the decade. :rip: 

• Haha 1

I guess the tour will end this nonsense. I don't even understand why pitting those two against each other but Shakira will end this with the tour numbers 

1 hour ago, alfonso12 said:

That's actually shocking considering that J.Lo's album is like the biggest flop of the decade. :rip: 

Because that's not true. Shakira's album debut number is 13 times bigger than JLo's.

31 minutes ago, shakeyourbombom said:

Because that's not true. Shakira's album debut number is 13 times bigger than JLo's.

What's not true? :rip: I'm literally saying that J.Lo's album is the bigger flop, I'm surprised she sold more physical copies, but I'm not saying her overall debut numbers are gonna be bigger than Shakira's or anything like that. 

HDD released final predictions 

Shakira will debut at #14 32k / 14k (pure) 

Soooo… Shakira won! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, alfonso12 said:

What's not true? :rip: I'm literally saying that J.Lo's album is the bigger flop, I'm surprised she sold more physical copies, but I'm not saying her overall debut numbers are gonna be bigger than Shakira's or anything like that. 

misunderstood, apologies!

On 3/28/2024 at 8:37 AM, DemDam92 said:

Pure JLO fans try so hard to play on Shakira. 

Shakira literally had two Top 10 songs on Hot 100 of the album and all other singles (expect Copa Vacia) charted on Hot 100.

She won three Latin Grammys for the songs.

She will very probably debut #1 on Top Latin Albums and Top 13-18 on BB200.

Yes, her numbers are lower than expected and the reason is obvious: Too long waiting and half of the album already released.

I understand it's hurtful for a stan to see his fav flopping as hard as JLO did with her latest album, but mocking better performing and more awarded real musicians won't make it better.

Maybe you can start a twitter "justice for jlo" thing where you all buy the album on iTunes or sth?

On 3/28/2024 at 7:23 PM, shakeyourbombom said:

Tell em!!! This is everything sis!

The OP is not even a J.Lo stan. :skull: 

She was trashing This is Me... Now in the thread for the album. :skull: 

• Like 1

Between the 2, J.Lo had the better album.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, VerdantHue said:

Between the 2, J.Lo had the better album.

Just the album is a form of playlist does not prove the music quality. Te Felicito, Monotonia, BZRP Vol. 53, TQG, Acrostico and El Jefe are better than the whole JLo album

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

4 hours ago, shakeyourbombom said:

Just the album is a form of playlist does not prove the music quality. Te Felicito, Monotonia, BZRP Vol. 53, TQG, Acrostico and El Jefe are better than the whole JLo album

I mean the execution wasn't there with Shakira's album. Not saying that some of the songs aren't great on Shakira's new album but obviously more work went into J.Lo's album and it was well thought out. If you're going make an album, MAKE AN ALBUM.

Edited by VerdantHue

6 hours ago, VerdantHue said:

I mean the execution wasn't there with Shakira's album. Not saying that some of the songs aren't great on Shakira's new album but obviously more work went into J.Lo's album and it was well thought out. If you're going make an album, MAKE AN ALBUM.

but if you're going to do it like JLO and only put trash on the album; then don't bother.

I'll take Shakira's ''playlist'' over JLO's album whenever, wherever! Also, just because Shakira's rollout is all over the place doesn't mean the album is not good. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

But she didn't?

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, BabyBenzz said:

but if you're going to do it like JLO and only put trash on the album; then don't bother.

I'll take Shakira's ''playlist'' over JLO's album whenever, wherever! Also, just because Shakira's rollout is all over the place doesn't mean the album is not good. 

I mean J.Lo isn't the one who keeps making dated 2010 edm but go off if that's what you like listening to.

jennifer-lawrence-thumbs-up.gif

• Thumbs Down 1

JLo finished this nonsense of a thread a long time ago when she said: "It's not like anybody was asking for a new Jlo album"

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, VerdantHue said:

I mean J.Lo isn't the one who keeps making dated 2010 edm but go off if that's what you like listening to.

jennifer-lawrence-thumbs-up.gif

no instead Jlo is making dated 00s music, girl... you're not gonna win this, the album is panned, tanked and forgotten :deadbanana4: 

Shakira at her floppiest will still be making better music and be more successful, as she just proved with this album.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Las Mujeres Ya No Lloran - 15,000 sold in its opening week  [6,000 vinyl LPs sold] 
The album was available in:
4 vinyl variants(each with a different color vinyl and cover art),
4 CD variants (each with different cover art),
1 digital album
https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/shakira-las-mujeres-ya-no-lloran-number-one-top-latin-albums-1235647709/

This Is Me… Now sold 14,000 copies in the U.S. Of that sum, physical sales comprise 11,000 (6,000 on CD and 5,000 on vinyl) and digital download sales comprise 3,000.
The album was available in:
9 vinyl editions (all were color variants, including one with a signed insert)
4 CD variants (including one that had a signed insert),
3 digital album variations (a standard version, a deluxe edition with two bonus tracks and a commentary edition sold via Lopez's official webstore).
https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/jennifer-lopez-this-is-me-now-bows-at-number-one-on-top-album-sales-chart-1235615874/

5 hours ago, BabyBenzz said:

no instead Jlo is making dated 00s music, girl... you're not gonna win this, the album is panned, tanked and forgotten :deadbanana4: 

Shakira at her floppiest will still be making better music and be more successful, as she just proved with this album.

There's nothing to win, stop being delusional. Shakira's newer music sucks point blank.

Edited by VerdantHue
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

The flop off of the century 

:clack:

• Thanks 1

Only one of those albums have 2 top 10 hits included. Only one of those acts is about to embark on a huge tour.

Both of these isn't J Lo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VerdantHue said:

There's nothing to win, stop being delusional. Shakira's newer music sucks point blank.

you are entitled to your wrong opinion, that's fine. because even with you thinking it sucks; Shakira still won, outsold, out-streamed, out-awarded... now cope.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, BabyBenzz said:

you are entitled to your wrong opinion, that's fine. because even with you thinking it sucks; Shakira still won, outsold, out-streamed, out-awarded... now cope.

sound like a you problem

• Thumbs Down 2

3 hours ago, VerdantHue said:

Shakira just won Song of The Year at the Latin Grammys for music from this album. It's one thing to be wrong, but delusional and wrong is just a bad look. :heart:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, vuelve88 said:

Shakira just won Song of The Year at the Latin Grammys for music from this album. It's one thing to be wrong, but delusional and wrong is just a bad look. :heart:

I'm not saying that she didn't win those awards, in fact I never mentioned anything about numbers /charts in this forum. I do not care to keep up with that information. Her new music is just bad.

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.