JLO outselling Shakira. Surprised?

SweetTalker

18 hours ago, Stankonia said:

The OP is obviously talking about pure sales. Does it hit like that awful Cardi collab or was it just a terrible pick for a single?

it actually hits better than anything jlo put out in her last album pls, gtfoh

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• suburbannature

• shakeyourbombom

• Stankonia

• VerdantHue

18 hours ago, Khal said:

What's actually surprising is the quality of the albums. You kind of expect mid from Jlo seeing as that's been her level for most of her career., Shakira's album being a collection of random, barely listenable songs is unfortunate.

except its not, it has some very nice new and solo tracks, as a whole its a solid latin pop album, better than most pop records released in the past year, despite having a few pre released singles

Wait is this literal sales only? The desperate attempt

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Digitalism said:

A few things

one is spanish album the other one is in english

One has 4 songs with more 500 million streams 

Who cares about first week in the US. Some of you still live in the past 

This

20 hours ago, SweetTalker said:

Shakira is predicted to sell 13,000

James Earl Jones Reaction GIF

No way :rip:

6 hours ago, yamiyuuuu said:

Because we all know that Spanish albums chart super high in the UK :rip:

And take a guess whose Spanish material didn't even chart at all in the UK :rip:

• Thanks 3

21 hours ago, ket said:

Very surprised. Well i guess Jlo is bigger than the global superstar Shakira

When you sell 13k or 14k I guess it doesn't matter who sold more, I mean that's a monumental disaster

shakira is only popular in south/central american internet cafes

giphy.gif

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

31 minutes ago, HardBambi said:

When you sell 13k or 14k I guess it doesn't matter who sold more, I mean that's a monumental disaster

Bad Bunny sold 12,000 pure sales with Un Verano Sin Ti. Find me one Spanish album that sold 10-20k sales more than Shakira this decade

• Like 1

Shakira has seemingly focused on being a singles artist for the past decade ever since El Dorado era. Whereas This is Me... Now was marketed as a unified project from the get-go, it was all about it as a body of work representing something, and the movie tied into it as well. Shakira's album came across as an afterthought after she had a bunch of unconnected hits. So no, I'm not surprised.

It is surprising because Shakira has a lot of older fans since she's been popular since the 90s. Eventually Shakira will get more sales in the long run I think.

Edited by toxicgenie
  • Thanks 1

No way that's the truth sales. Someone's trolling right? WOW 

2 hours ago, Femalien said:

shakira is only popular in south/central american internet cafes

giphy.gif

Then why she is in the list of top 10 best female sellers in France, Spain, Germany, Switzerland etc.?

23 hours ago, Ck.cR said:

Global superstar Jlo is doing better than streaming farms entrepenour & tax evading celebrity, Shakira.  Not one bit surprised. 

Superbowl?

Lol. Check Spotify post-SB and see which act had the biggest effect everywhere including the US and anglophones countries. 

anyways, comparing Shakira, a Latina living legend, with a B-list US American popstar is a joke in itself.

43 minutes ago, Thesedays said:

Superbowl?

Lol. Check Spotify post-SB and see which act had the biggest effect everywhere including the US and anglophones countries. 

anyways, comparing Shakira, a Latina living legend, with a B-list US American popstar is a joke in itself.

Receipts click in

165893992_2229734777161654_5832772717460

165781647_2229734257161706_2608991808166

Shakira had a few entries on Spotify US, Canada, Mexico and Global 200 after the show

JLo was not found

• Like 2

On 3/26/2024 at 6:01 PM, suburbannature said:

So despite marginally more physical sales she's still going to have a lower debut week than Shakira in the US in addition to the rest of the world? That's your flex?

On 3/26/2024 at 7:33 PM, brenda-walsh said:

jlo has always been bigger here in the US, but shakira will definitely stomp on her WW

The rest of the world? There is little chance this album will chart higher than J.Lo's (and definitely won't have higher pure sales) in the UK, Canada, Australia, Germany or Japan. :rip: 

On 3/26/2024 at 10:15 PM, Scars said:

J.Lo's album was marketed as a body of work and had a very expensive movie serving as a hot promo tool for it. On the other hand, Shakira's album feels like an editorial Spotify playlist that was released one year too late. Despite that, J.Lo was only able to sell...1,000 more pure sales? I don't see how that's something to brag about. :rip:

J.Lo's movie and the accompanying album are a self-funded project, not a major label project like Shakira's album, which has countless features with other big Latin American acts like Karol G. :rip: 

16 hours ago, A.R.L said:

Jlo had a HUGE campaign to promote ha album, attending different shows, buying banners and YouTube ads to promote her music, she should have had waaaay waaaay more copies for first week sales, however, Shakira is winning in all other aspects, and will still sell more general copies for both the singles and the album at the end 

You're still lying. :rip: J.Lo performed on SNL, did interviews on talk shows and did a Dolby ad. That is nothing compared to the promo Shakira has done. :rip: 

5 hours ago, Thesedays said:

Superbowl?

4 hours ago, shakeyourbombom said:

Receipts click in

165893992_2229734777161654_5832772717460

165781647_2229734257161706_2608991808166

Shakira had a few entries on Spotify US, Canada, Mexico and Global 200 after the show

JLo was not found

For a supposedly "B-List" celebrity, you two and other Shakira (and Mariah) stans seem obsessed with Jennifer Lopez including this one above who has Kworb screencaps from 4 years saved on his desktop. Embarrassing. :rip: 

• Thanks 1

These flop-offs are getting embarrassing.

giphy.gif

25 minutes ago, Inverted said:

The rest of the world? There is little chance this album will chart higher than J.Lo's (and definitely won't have higher pure sales) in the UK, Canada, Australia, Germany or Japan. :rip: 

J.Lo's movie and the accompanying album are a self-funded project, not a major label project like Shakira's album, which has countless features with other big Latin American acts like Karol G. :rip: 

You're still lying. :rip: J.Lo performed on SNL, did interviews on talk shows and did a Dolby ad. That is nothing compared to the promo Shakira has done. :rip: 

For a supposedly "B-List" celebrity, you two and other Shakira (and Mariah) stans seem obsessed with Jennifer Lopez including this one above who has Kworb screencaps from 4 years saved on his desktop. Embarrassing. :rip: 

JLo's album didn't even chart in Japan.

For the rest, we will see. Australia, UK, Canada I'm sure because these markets don't really care for Spanish albums.

Don't act like JLo did better than Shakira when Shakira's debut is still 13 times bigger than JLo's. Puntería alone out streamed the whole JLo's album debut.

JLo's album has no hits at all. Shakira's is packed with all the hits that's why it's at 5.4 million units (JLo's is at 18K).

Shakira's flop is JLo's success. 

If JLo gets half of Shakira's debut streams, y'all will rush to open a new thread.

Edited by shakeyourbombom
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, shakeyourbombom said:

JLo's album didn't even chart in Japan.

For the rest, we will see. Australia, UK, Canada I'm sure because these markets don't really care for Spanish albums.

Don't act like JLo did better than Shakira when Shakira's debut is still 13 times bigger than JLo's. Puntería alone out streamed the whole JLo's album debut.

JLo's album has no hits at all. Shakira's is packed with all the hits that's why it's at 5.4 million units (JLo's is at 18K).

Shakira's flop is JLo's success. 

If JLo gets half of Shakira's debut streams, y'all will rush to open a new thread.

I would never do that because I don't care about Shakira or follow her anymore.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Riot said:

Bad Bunny sold 12,000 pure sales with Un Verano Sin Ti. Find me one Spanish album that sold 10-20k sales more than Shakira this decade

Sorry I thought it's about US sales

Two flops anyway 

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Wewee said:

Two flops anyway 

giphy.gif

Shakira had 2 top 10 songs just last year and # 1 song in less than 2 decades. The other one can't relate.

giphy.gif

And I've been told that she's bigger than Shakira in the US.

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

Pure JLO fans try so hard to play on Shakira. 

Shakira literally had two Top 10 songs on Hot 100 of the album and all other singles (expect Copa Vacia) charted on Hot 100.

She won three Latin Grammys for the songs.

She will very probably debut #1 on Top Latin Albums and Top 13-18 on BB200.

Yes, her numbers are lower than expected and the reason is obvious: Too long waiting and half of the album already released.

I understand it's hurtful for a stan to see his fav flopping as hard as JLO did with her latest album, but mocking better performing and more awarded real musicians won't make it better.

Maybe you can start a twitter "justice for jlo" thing where you all buy the album on iTunes or sth?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, DemDam92 said:

Pure JLO fans try so hard to play on Shakira. 

Shakira literally had two Top 10 songs on Hot 100 of the album and all other singles (expect Copa Vacia) charted on Hot 100.

She won three Latin Grammys for the songs.

She will very probably debut #1 on Top Latin Albums and Top 13-18 on BB200.

Yes, her numbers are lower than expected and the reason is obvious: Too long waiting and half of the album already released.

I understand it's hurtful for a stan to see his fav flopping as hard as JLO did with her latest album, but mocking better performing and more awarded real musicians won't make it better.

Maybe you can start a twitter "justice for jlo" thing where you all buy the album on iTunes or sth?

Tell em!!! This is everything sis!

• Confused 1

What the hell is this thread?

:deadbanana2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.