• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• suburbannature

• shakeyourbombom

• Stankonia

• VerdantHue

Not really. I was kinda excited for Shakira's album but I lost all interest after listening to the Cardi collab. It's one of the most generic and uninspired songs I've listened to in a while.

Jennifer on the other hand honestly shocked me by releasing a pretty solid album that really feels like a passion project.

It's funny because when they started out JLo was the more singles oriented, hits chasing type of artist while Shakira was more artsy and her albums felt like real bodies of work and now it's lowkey the other way around. :-$ Don't get me wrong I love a quick lil Shakira bop but she feels like a complete different artist nowadays and I'm not surprised that she may have become less of an "album artist".

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

13 minutes ago, Pheromosa said:

nope

Sorry, I mean nope as in you're wrong.

Ok carry on.

1 minute ago, Sun said:

There's no way my girl Shakira is that low omg

It's a Spanish-language album and it's still going to have more units :deadbanana2:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Stankonia said:

Not really. I was kinda excited for Shakira's album but I lost all interest after listening to the Cardi collab. It's one of the most generic and uninspired songs I've listened to in a while.

Jennifer on the other hand honestly shocked me by releasing a pretty solid album that really feels like a passion project.

It's funny because when they started out JLo was the more singles oriented, hits chasing type of artist while Shakira was more artsy and her albums felt like real bodies of work and now it's lowkey the other way around. :-$ Don't get me wrong I love a quick lil Shakira bop but she feels like a complete different artist nowadays and I'm not surprised that she may have become less of an "album artist".

What happened in the last three weeks to make you go from pretending to not like JLo to full blown stan 

:suburban:

• Haha 3

Its actually predicted to sell 30000 copies lol, it outstreamed jlos album as well tf is this post even, ntm the music actually hits

• Like 2

Just now, devonedelrey said:

Its actually predicted to sell 30000 copies lol, it outstreamed jlos album as well tf is this post even, ntm the music actually hits

Link?

The GP said NO to the fraud

• Thumbs Down 3

4 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Amazon original movie #1 on Amazon. Alert the presses

giphy.gif

And how is that not a flex? :rip: Especially knowing that she sold it to them for $50M (after spending $20M of her own money to make it)

Q2-Streaming-services-marketshare-infogr

giphy.gif

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

What happened in the last three weeks to make you go from pretending to not like JLo to full blown stan 

I've never pretended to not like her :rip: but I have indeed become more of JLover recently because, as I just said, she surprised me by releasing a solid little R&B album that I still bump regularly to this day and I was very impressed by her work ethic and everything surrounding this era.

Also obsessed.FLAC haters such as you and this whole let's bully JLo for the most senseless reasons trend on twitter/tiktok make me want to defend her. I despise an unwarranted hate train and I love standing for what I feel is right :gaynetcat3:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

What's actually surprising is the quality of the albums. You kind of expect mid from Jlo seeing as that's been her level for most of her career., Shakira's album being a collection of random, barely listenable songs is unfortunate.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, devonedelrey said:

The OP is obviously talking about pure sales. Does it hit like that awful Cardi collab or was it just a terrible pick for a single?

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Stankonia said:

I've never pretended to not like her :rip:

You sure 

but idk why you're mad at some girls tugging on JLo's wig like you've done Madonna's for seven years. I do think it's gotten a bit excessive on social media, though - hence why I've stayed out of recent threads. She may not be the greatest artist or most genuine singer out there, but the viral tweets are a biT extra.

• Haha 3

No ATRL banner no sales. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Lets wait for the final numbers..... also she will bigger numbers coming for 30k debut

44 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

It's a Spanish-language album and it's still going to have more units :deadbanana2:

There's 65M Spanish people in the US

8 minutes ago, Sun said:

There's 65M Spanish people in the US

Not Spanish people :deadbanana:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, suburbannature said:

You sure 

but idk why you're mad at some girls tugging on JLo's wig like you've done Madonna's for seven years. I do think it's gotten a bit excessive on social media, though - hence why I've stayed out of recent threads. She may not be the greatest artist or most genuine singer out there, but the viral tweets are a biT extra.

Not you stalking my profile and all you could find is one thread that wasn't even meant to drag JLo in the entire course of my illustrous ATRL career- :deadbanana4:

I've always liked JLo, and I literally say so in this old ass thread you just exhumed

"but idk why you're mad at some girls tugging on JLo's wig like you've done Madonna's for seven years."

I only come for her (and that happens infinitely less often than you with JLo) when her stans come for Janet first and she has a big fanbase to lash me back unlike JLo and I also give her her props sometimes. Two hugely different situations :rip:

"I do think it's gotten a bit excessive on social media, though - hence why I've stayed out of recent threads."

Girl you've been disliking every post that slightly defend JLo in all her recent threads and you're currently taking up residency in this one. You ok?

giphy.gif1

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Just now, Stankonia said:

"but idk why you're mad at some girls tugging on JLo's wig like you've done Madonna's for seven years."

I only come for her (and that happens infinitely less often than you with JLo) when her stans come for Janet first and she has a big fanbase to lash me back unlike JLo and I also give her her props sometimes. Two hugely different situations :rip:

"

giphy.gif1

Let me go back through your profile to show why this is a capital L LIE

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Let me go back through your profile to show why this is a capital L LIE

Everyone can see how obsessed and hateful you are towards JLo sis, you're literally one of the top posters in most JLo threads and you constantly come for her unprovoked. The same can not be said about me with any artist I fear

Oh and stalking the profiles of people who defend her is NOT the way to defend yourself :skull:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Stankonia said:

Everyone can see how obsessed and hateful you are towards JLo sis, you're literally one of the top posters in most JLo threads and you constantly come for her unprovoked. The same can not be said about me with any artist I fear

Oh and stalking the profiles of people who defend her is NOT the way to defend yourself :skull:

Girl, it is NOT that deep - I'm just kii kiing with you. We all troll artists on atrl, but I think you're just more sensitive to JLo trolling since she's been piled on from all sides recently. 

And yes, you have done the same with Madonna. :skull: 

• Haha 1

Both are Hasbeens who serve mediocre music now…

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Danes said:

How different the energy in here would be if it were the other way around

giphy.gif

The numbers are damn near "the other way around" as it is :rip:

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.