JLO outselling Shakira. Surprised?

SweetTalker

Just now, Stankonia said:

zionist trash*

And why exactly would you say those things about Jennifer Lopez? :rip: Did she write and publish a pedophilic story and did she admit to sleeping with 15 year old boys while she was an adult? Did she sign a letter thanking Joe Biden for his "leadership" and his "unshakable moral conviction" during the Gaza massacre and did she snap a pic with Netanyahu?

Your failed attempt at deflection is actually interesting because if JLo did those things y'all would finally have actual, legitimate reasons to hate and want to cancel her and wouldn't need to embarrass yourselves with all of those bullshit excuses :skull: And we both know you woudn't be shy about calling her out on it.

Well maybe not the zionist thing since your fave met with Netanyahu too and she was engaged to a staunch zionist :rip:

screen-shot-2015-07-02-at-31523-pm-14358

You accusing me of deflecting while actually being the one deflecting is wild :deadbanana2:

Are you actually insinuating Madonna is a pdf because of a work of fiction?

I don't hate JLo. I shade her stats, stuff like stolen vocals/songs, etc - like we ALL do in stan wars including you. See above. 

lol-sincerely-ciara.gif

• Thanks 1

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• suburbannature

• shakeyourbombom

• Stankonia

• VerdantHue

This flop off

• Haha 1

Just now, naval23 said:

RHoA - Sheree Whitfield and Marlo Hampton fight

fsdknjsdf stop it

• Haha 1

I didn't know Shakira even had an album out :rip: the flop off is sending me :deadbanana2:

A few things

one is spanish album the other one is in english

One has 4 songs with more 500 million streams 

Who cares about first week in the US. Some of you still live in the past 

Edited by Digitalism
  • Like 3

JLo outselling with a whole hate campaign against her is kinda funny 

0avWikx.gif

• Like 1

J.Lo's album was marketed as a body of work and had a very expensive movie serving as a hot promo tool for it. On the other hand, Shakira's album feels like an editorial Spotify playlist that was released one year too late. Despite that, J.Lo was only able to sell...1,000 more pure sales? I don't see how that's something to brag about. :rip:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Shakira's last English album did 85k first week and a new one is doing only 20k units less than Sale El Sol (2010) which was a huge album worldwide. Shakira is more than fine :bird:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

if that is true kudos to jlo

but lets be real, both are icons and we need to shut up and bow

• Thumbs Down 1

Shakira is predicted to debut at #17 with 28k in the US with a Latin album with only 8 new tracks, Jlo did 19k & debuted at #38. Shakira's album already has 3.5B streams, while Jlo's :dancehall:. Mods, close this thread.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Glamthony said:

Oh..

spacer.png

Go listen to Shakira awful new song and album cause somebody has to, not even pulling 30k with a Cardi feature sad

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Red Hot Moon said:

Shakira is predicted to debut at #17 with 28k in the US with a Latin album with only 8 new tracks, Jlo did 19k & debuted at #38. Shakira's album already has 3.5B streams, while Jlo's :dancehall:. Mods, close this thread.

This. Case closed. J.Lo is NOT outselling Shakira.

There's no point in even arguing because what really matters is that both of them delivered great records.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Stankonia said:

I've never pretended to not like her :rip: but I have indeed become more of JLover recently because, as I just said, she surprised me by releasing a solid little R&B album that I still bump regularly to this day and I was very impressed by her work ethic and everything surrounding this era.

Also obsessed.FLAC haters such as you and this whole let's bully JLo for the most senseless reasons trend on twitter/tiktok make me want to defend her. I despise an unwarranted hate train and I love standing for what I feel is right :gaynetcat3:

Sis, enjoy that 5% jlo paycheck because there's no way you can enjoy those vocals :suburban:

—————————

As someone has already said, it would end up bigger for the critically acclaimed/biggest/iconic artist that is Shakira.

Jlo had a HUGE campaign to promote ha album, attending different shows, buying banners and YouTube ads to promote her music, she should have had waaaay waaaay more copies for first week sales, however, Shakira is winning in all other aspects, and will still sell more general copies for both the singles and the album at the end 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

When was the last time a JLo album entered the top 20 of the BB200 again? Top 30?

• Thanks 1

Jlo has always been the bigger global artist if you ask me :ryan3:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, Shelter said:

Shakira is #87 on the UK mids

Because we all know that Spanish albums chart super high in the UK :rip:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

both bad singers

when the final numbers drop and Shakira still outsold y'all can crawl back under that rock you came from lol, not to mention the album is already certified for 420K copies in the US + has 5.4M equivalent sales worldwide because of the songs. JLO will never reach those numbers again, no matter how many songs she releases(just look at her scrapped album that had a ton of singles) :ahh:

• Thanks 3

Mariah stans getting brave as if her next album isn't going to sell less than both albums :suburban:

Edited by A Million Lights
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

11 hours ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

#2 The Gift (55K)

#7 Homecoming (38K). *2 days sales 

#5 Smile (50K)

Shakira's doing less than Beyoncé's side project with 4 smashes pre-album release :deadbanana4: Justin Timberlake,Britney, Katy and Beyoncé would be dragged mercilessly by now.

Y'all have got to step in to 2024 and realize that first week sales mean nothing.

Spotify: 

YMYNL - 3.522B (+8.7M daily)

The Gift (Deluxe) - 755M (+230k daily)

Homecoming - 1.021B (+310k daily)

Smile - 1.67B (+481k daily)

EITIW - 98M (+2.1M daily)

Glory (Deluxe) - 450M (+59k daily)

All of those albums you mentioned have moved significantly less units than YMYNL.

• Thanks 3

Mediocre sales for Shakira .. not surprised tho. 

Shakira has no signed copies, less vinyl variants and her vinyl is more expensive since it has 2 discs

19 hours ago, Alicia Keys said:

Superbowl : Jlo

Husband: Jlo

Star power: Jlo

First week sales: Jlo

Talent always wins.

Overall: Shakira

spacer.png

Will JLo reach this number again?

19 hours ago, SweetTalker said:

Good for her and her 7 pre release singles! This thread is clearly about JLo selling more actual albums during the first week. Don't derail the thread :heart:

JLo can add all her pre-Spanish singles and they won't even reach 500M streams.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.