Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

16 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Everything about this just screams flop era. A four year wait for 11 tracks? Oh that’s not-

Hope this is just a speed bump and DL4 serves in 2025.

I question the train of thought of people like you. Dua has released two studio albums and has had deluxe editions for each released six months after the original release, like, what honestly makes you think she won't be releasing a deluxe edition in the future let alone drop the era halfway?

Ridiculous. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

the hoops y'all are jumping through to try to defend and force yourselves into liking this god awful pretentious title / creative direction... album name is giving cringe millenial'd podcast, tracklist is basic and the cover is hands down the ugliest and most pointless cover I've seen in years, and you know she's gonna give some cheap faux-deep explanation when asked about it: "shark is dangerous ❤ shark is near me I am calm because I'm optimism ❤"

it's giving Higher Than Heaven from Temu, a shame the music won't even be half as good

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 13

48 minutes ago, V$. said:

Open the pics and read people :suburban:

DLXLP.png

DuaLipa_RO_CD_lent_mockup_front_997306be

Anything for you - Ian Kirkpatrick

Radical Optimism (Complete Edition) featuring Dance the Night and Cold Heart IKTR :jonnycat: 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Everything about this just screams flop era. A four year wait for 11 tracks? Oh that’s not-

Hope this is just a speed bump and DL4 serves in 2025.

The day you understand that quality > quantity, that day the world will be a better place

• Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

This is an interlude for sure

not one of the Ian Kirkpatrick tracks being an interlude im-

"falling forever" is also an Ian Kirkpatrick track

Edited by MaxMartin

6 minutes ago, Kintsugi said:

the hoops y'all are jumping through to try to defend and force yourselves into liking this god awful pretentious title / creative direction... album name is giving cringe millenial'd podcast, tracklist is basic and the cover is hands down the ugliest and most pointless cover I've seen in years, and you know she's gonna give some cheap faux-deep explanation when asked about it: "shark is dangerous ❤ shark is near me I am calm because I'm optimism ❤"

it's giving Higher Than Heaven from Temu, a shame the music won't even be half as good

sorry but you're sounding sooo pressed right now, feeling bad 4 u!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tyrion_LMG said:

The day you understand that quality > quantity, that day the world will be a better place

The day people stop erroneously conflating low quantity with high quality, that day the world will be a better place. You can also have both and neither. They’re not mutually exclusive outcomes.

People quoting me are putting way too much emphasis on the 11 tracks comment. That has nothing to do with why it’s giving flop era to me. They were independent clauses.

I actually looooved Houdini and TS and am glad she’s not scrapping the era. But this does feel like a 180 in terms of aesthetic and not in a good way imo. Either way I’ll still be perched on release day.

• Thanks 6
  • Thumbs Down 3

The era aesthetic shift is so jarring idk

:suburban:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MaxMartin said:

not the Ian Kirkpatrick track being an interlude im-

He did Falling Forever. 

58 minutes ago, V$. said:

Open the pics and read people :suburban:

DLXLP.png

I can't see ****

6 minutes ago, Kintsugi said:

There's nothing to 'force' ourselves to like, except for a few fun & pleasant to look at pictures if that's what you're talking about. We have not even heard the music yet. Why so negative? :redface:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Very Britpop title and artwork, I like it 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Just a week before my birthday and during Eurovision season :WAP:

Maybe she will perform at Eurovision finals to 200M audience to promote her album? Ughhh her mindT. :jonnycat:

This would be a great idea actually

1 minute ago, PerfectCure said:

There's nothing to 'force' ourselves to like, except for a few fun & pleasant to look at pictures if that's what you're talking about. We have not even heard the music yet. Why so negative? :redface:

Girl we already heard 2 songs wdym we haven't heard the music yet

What an odd day to announce the album. Single #3 coming? :duca:

49 minutes ago, Anita said:

None of her singles even went Top 10 on BBH100. But whatever you gotta delude yourself with…:alexz2:

As long as she release good music, it's fine. I prefer timeless art over some viral songs that everybody will forget in a year :alexz2:

Yeah, I was loving the dark vibes from Houdini and Training Season, the optimism thing and the aesthetic feel kinda contradictory

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, Tyrion_LMG said:

Is that quality in the room with us? Because 2 singles so far didn’t deliver it 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 6

It's giving Facebook vacation photos album.

:clack:

• Haha 2

If the next 9 songs on the album are in the same vibe as Houdini and TS I will be completely sold to it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Timeless said:

Girl we already heard 2 songs wdym we haven't heard the music yet

There are still 9 tracks left :coffee:

I love Dua, I’m happy the album is coming out soon, and I’m sure the music will be good… but I’m really not feeling this album title and album cover.

The title is so corny and soccer mom’d. And this album cover and booklet looks like it was shot on a iPhone during one of her vacations :rip: Visually speaking, this era feels like a massive downgrade from the “Future Nostalgia” era.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.