• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

Not all of the songs lyrics l-wording lmao 

Everything about this just screams flop era. A four year wait for 11 tracks? Oh that’s not-

Hope this is just a speed bump and DL4 serves in 2025.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

I really don’t see a lack of cohesion in these visuals. The Houdini/TS imagery is very dry and clean just like the album cover. For me it’s more that internet is making people having this feeling that everything needs to be obvious/in your face. Some people needs to learn what’s nuance. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, illia said:

I'm screaming

image.png

@TROPICUM  @kyliefever2002

nailed it netflix GIF by NailedIt

Edited by ImpressMeMuch
  • Haha 1

Can yall give up already with the constant theories about her re-shooting the cover/re-recording he album/changing the aesthetic/etc. They're so...forced. "Sign up for optimism!" has been there since October. The only thing that changed was TS being pushed as the 2nd single instead of the lead and it's music video getting shelved.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

182 Members browsing!!!!!

Our current princess of pop has the gays shaken!!!

Fantastic cover! I'm so so excited and May is just around the corner! There goes the haters saying her album got scrapped

:ryan3:

The song titles on iTunes aren’t lowercase…we won 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Everything about this just screams flop era. A four year wait for 11 tracks? Oh that’s not-

Hope this is just a speed bump and DL4 serves in 2025.

well there's clearly going to be a deluxe edition like all of her albums, FN also had 11 tracks on the standard edition 

I absolutely love the title. Can be interepreted in so many different, interesting ways. The cover is cool too but nothing special

I only dislike how the album esthetics don't really match Houdini's or TS's that much

everyone complaining about 11 songs mind you we’ll have like 40 outtakes by the end of 2025 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Soul Glitch said:

I really don’t see a lack of cohesion in these visuals. The Houdini/TS imagery is very dry and clean just like the album cover. For me it’s more that internet is making people having this feeling that everything needs to be obvious/in your face. Some people needs to learn what’s nuance. 

also, something similar happened with future nostalgia imo. the visuals of the singles (dsn, fn, physical) did not follow the galactic/moon style that the era acquired after the release of the album

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, _Fey said:

People have to remember Dua straight up said while FN was built around a specific sound/aesthetic (post-disco/late 70s/80s), DL3's construction revolved around a lyrical theme/idea. 

In other words, FN was specifically built around its aesthetic, which is why everything was so cohesive visually. Radical Optimism is built around an idea ("peace amidst chaos") and everything she includes in the era (aesthetically, sonically, etc.) is what she feels encapsulates that idea. I don't think we should expect cohesive looks.

Ooh didn't thought about it that way, thanks for the insight <3

• Like 1

I’m sorry but I absolutely love the album cover! The shot, the depth of field, the colour palette it’s just stunning :clap3:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Burqa said:

everyone complaining about 11 songs mind you we’ll have like 40 outtakes by the end of 2025 

Honestly surprised nothing has l-worded already lol they're taking their time

i want one of the songs to have water/ocean/splash sounds like this :jonnycat: the overall genre of this song fits this album as well 

Finally Dua Lipa you will always be famous, thanks for existing such an icon

10 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Maybe there will be a Slight Deluxe Edition with Maria (feat Mariah Carey), French Exit (feat. Aya Nakamura) and Dance The Night (Summer 2024 Edit)

:ryan3:

Hoping we get another Cool or Physical pop anthem. So far there have been none.

Easy 10/10 album :mandown:

2 minutes ago, curiousladybug said:

Easy 10/10 album :mandown:

what are your favorite songs?

Not a fan of the aesthetic but Houdini and Training Season are her best singles so I still have high expectations for the music

• Thanks 1

Just a week before my birthday and during Eurovision season :WAP:

Maybe she will perform at Eurovision finals to 200M audience to promote her album? Ughhh her mindT. :jonnycat:

• Like 1

If you think about it the eras aesthetics sort of make complete sense: in both the music videos and live performances she has always been surrounded by chaos that she is right in the middle of - in the middle of the Houdini rave mv, in the middle of all the men circling her in the TS mv, all the spiral patterns in the live performances, the wall of floating men in the TS performance, being pursued by a shark in the Album cover. It’s all about her learning to be positive amid the chaos.

• Like 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.