Leigh-Anne - "Stealin Love"

zeta

LA-NHF.png

Added the released singles and INY to the ep and call it a cute little album. As an eight track project it feels a bit more complete

• Like 1

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tbhmatt

• The Slayer

• Danai G

• WERKER

I do like it and I think this is a step in the right direction, artistically. This sort of stripped back sound suits her and her lower register is one of the stronger parts of her voice so it's nice to hear her utilise that to such good effect, especially in the first verse.

I loved the second verse in particular. I can definitely see me getting some mileage out of this. I will sit with it and listen a few more times before I fully make up my mind on this, but I do think it's a nice song even though it doesn't scream "mega smash hit". I also think this is her best output lyrically so far and that's because it's clearly a very personal song. Dont Say Love and My Love were very generic and uninspired (lyrically) whereas this feels much more direct and personal. 

My only real gripe at the moment is that the song just kind of comes and goes so quickly without ever reaching a truly satisfying climax, there was definitely space and time to add some more magic to the last chorus to give it a little bit more oomph. 

• Like 1

It's a cute song - however - I don't like songs that don't give extra in the final chorus. 

I actually really like this! Just probably not single worthy and is kinda too short. My most instant song from her so far for me

Enjoyed it but it's too short 

I will listen to this asap just currently away with limited internet. Hope everyone is loving it!!

She looks gorgeous in those photos!!!

Pleased to see the song is getting a really good reception on social media. It's definitely a solid song, the more I listen the more I like it even though I still wish it popped off a liiiiittle bit more at the end. 

I feel so much more reassured about her musical direction now because this song really does suit her down to the ground and her voice sounds lush particularly in the beginning. The second part of the chorus is infectious too. I can't wait for the rest of the EP now.

So I just listened, love the sound of her voice.

I'm just not sold on the song unfortunately, there's a little umph missing. It doesn't sound single material to me. 

The chorus is catchy but this is way below DSL and ML.

I know it's just a visualiser but I expected more than the zooming in and out of her face on repeat :deadbanana2:

Do we think she'll do radio? I feel like one of the LM girls atleast would be at capital tomorrow for Roman's last day as they are close with Capital so it seems a perfect time for Leigh-Anne.

Does anyone see this charting? I don't. Has it been added to any good playlists?

Omg the whole song is only 2:20 :deadbanana2: just listening now..

Ok this might be obvious and stupid but the song is a play on words for "still in love" right?

24 minutes ago, WERKER said:

Omg the whole song is only 2:20 :deadbanana2: just listening now..

Did you fall asleep during? Tell me your thoughts :deadbanana2:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The Slayer said:

Did you fall asleep during? Tell me your thoughts :deadbanana2:

It's a nice song, I'd like it on an album - she sounds incredible. I feel like I heard the entire song before the release because of multiple snippets and the short duration. 

Is it single potential imo? No sadly, I can't imagine this making any track or movement on the chart and as much as I hate to say it if the EP makes no noise will that result in limbo / Leigh being dropped?

Part of me hopes they'll release the EP, monitor the reception then release a new lead single for the album with a full roll out possibly in a same or different direction but I don't know if they will or not. 

• Thanks 1

Love this but the chorus needed some extra bits or harmonies in the background to fill it up, it sounds a little half baked. Also you can't tell me a ******* bridge and a final chorus with shouty adlibs wouldn't elevate this tremendously, this duration is a joke. 

the good parts of this make the song even worse imo. because they show what it could have been - instead it's a mediocre, over teased, over produced nothing of a song.

It's cute as track 10 or 11 in an album, but as a single?! Oh girl, no. For me, DSL is still the superior song so far :michael:

10 minutes ago, SpaceOddity said:

Love this but the chorus needed some extra bits or harmonies in the background to fill it up, it sounds a little half baked. Also you can't tell me a ******* bridge and a final chorus with shouty adlibs wouldn't elevate this tremendously, this duration is a joke. 

This, I absolutely hate when a song lacks a bridge + final chorus. These songs always feel incomplete.

• Like 1

I think its great! Everything she has released so fa from this project I'v really liked. I do wish it was longer - but a quality output

the song is really good. it's catchy so i'll definitely be coming back to it a lot. preview doesn't really do it justice  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.