• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tbhmatt

• The Slayer

• Danai G

• WERKER

She seriously needs to reconsider this "one song a month" strategy, it isn't going to do her any favours. 

I truly believe more people would check in on her if they knew she was releasing 4/5 tracks at the same time. If she's releasing them one by one then nobody is going to know or care.

32 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

She seriously needs to reconsider this "one song a month" strategy, it isn't going to do her any favours. 

I truly believe more people would check in on her if they knew she was releasing 4/5 tracks at the same time. If she's releasing them one by one then nobody is going to know or care.

I couldn't agree more! They need to scrap that idea.

I still cannot believe she hasn't jumped on DJ collabs?! Unless she has not been approached for them or a few have already been recorded with Jade.

2 hours ago, Gwendolyn said:

Tyla is younger than Leigh Anne and Water was a huge hit globally and in South Africa, making the label more likely to invest in her. TaP pushed Don't Say Love hard in the UK with constant radio play, and live performances and it wasn't stable in the charts. They had a well-budgeted MV for 'My Love' with huge Afrobeats singer Ayra Starr which failed to make much noise in Africa or the UK, I think unfortunately Leigh-Anne doesn't resonate with the UK GP unless she's in Little Mix, which is unfortunate. 

Still, Tap is known for promoting their artists. They made Dua Lipa a big star after all. I just wish that this rollout will be better. 

12 hours ago, WERKER said:

I know iTunes means nothing but it's sat at 79 on UK iTunes, is freefalling with playlist support on Spotify and have any radios spun this yet?

I get if they didn't send it to radio but why put it on playlists if that was the case?

While iTunes is not as relevant as Spotify, it's still important to see which countries buy the song and if it's stable on sales. Right now, Stealing Love is not even charting in half the countries it did during the first day and it's free falling in UK charts...I hope for radio support soon enough and more interviews. And of course physical copies, I don't understand why her team hasn't released any CDs or something to boost the sales like they did with DSL or My Love. Granted, they must have cut the budget but still. 

Leigh has said in her tik tok comments that something exciting is coming this week. Hopefully either the visual or a live performance.

2 hours ago, Danai G said:

While iTunes is not as relevant as Spotify, it's still important to see which countries buy the song and if it's stable on sales. Right now, Stealing Love is not even charting in half the countries it did during the first day and it's free falling in UK charts...I hope for radio support soon enough and more interviews. And of course physical copies, I don't understand why her team hasn't released any CDs or something to boost the sales like they did with DSL or My Love. Granted, they must have cut the budget but still. 

There's probably no CDs because what is the point of the cost after two flop singles. However, I did think they'd do more from the outset to not make this a complete flop.

This song didn't even go Top 10 on iTunes did it? 

The visuals should have came last week if there was any. I know I sound so negative but it's been such a mess. I expected so much more from her label and the quality of the music. Her team was so stupid to act like she was the second coming of Jesus and a superstar before she released any music.

• Haha 1

Sad this isn't doing well. It's astonishing how people actively ignore her 

14 hours ago, Afterglow said:

Sad this isn't doing well. It's astonishing how people actively ignore her 

Let's give it some time, yes, while the numbers are not the best, the song hasn't been out for that long. I expect it to grow more once the radio will start playing it. 

As soon as they announced her as the Next Global Superstar or whatever it was she was set for a rocky road  :deadbanana4:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, WERKER said:

As soon as they announced her as the Next Global Superstar or whatever it was she was set for a rocky road  :deadbanana4:

Tap Music hyped her soooo much. I expected better promo from them considering how much they promote their artists. 

23 hours ago, tbhmatt said:

Day 1 - 129,191

Day 2 - 172,673 (+43,482)

Day 3 - 125,704 (-46,969)

Day 4 - 87,303 (-38,401)

Total: 514,871

Day 1 - 129,191

Day 2 - 172,673 (+43,482)

Day 3 - 125,704 (-46,969)

Day 4 - 87,303 (-38,401)

Day 5 - 97,726 (+10,423)

Total: 612,597

All 3 songs were good kinda sad she isnt getting the attention she deserves. We all know whats coming next if she even gets to release this EP and its not a success. A hiatus from her and then she will part ways/get dropped from Warner....

7 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

June…?

A live show...in two months? What the ****...I mean, she would most likely have the EP ready by then but still, this is so random. I expected a live performance sooner. Anyway, I'm so happy for her. Let's hope that by then at least more tracks will have gained some recognition. 

8 minutes ago, Danai G said:

A live show...in two months? What the ****...I mean, she would most likely have the EP ready by then but still, this is so random. I expected a live performance sooner. Anyway, I'm so happy for her. Let's hope that by then at least more tracks will have gained some recognition. 

Yes, I assume the entire EP will be out by then. I do think live shows is what she needs to build her audience. I'm guessing it has to be June because she won't have enough songs out to fill a set if she starts doing shows now..

9 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

Yes, I assume the entire EP will be out by then. I do think live shows is what she needs to build her audience. I'm guessing it has to be June because she won't have enough songs out to fill a set if she starts doing shows now..

True. Still, I hope for at least a few TV appearances or interviews the following months before the show to keep the momentum. 

49 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

June…?

I'm happy for her to be able to put on her own show.

I think it'll sell out real quick, capacity is only 600 people. I'll try out for tickets.

3 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

Hopefully this is an indicator for upcoming radio support 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Slayer said:

I'm happy for her to be able to put on her own show.

I think it'll sell out real quick, capacity is only 600 people. I'll try out for tickets.

Yes, I'm pleased she's (finally) doing live shows! Smaller intimate gigs across the country is what she needs to do to build up her fanbase. I'm sure it'll be a great show!

6 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

Yes, I'm pleased she's (finally) doing live shows! Smaller intimate gigs across the country is what she needs to do to build up her fanbase. I'm sure it'll be a great show!

Yeah I agree, it is definitely the right way to go! Good for her actually going out and performing for her fans.

23 hours ago, Danai G said:

Still, Tap is known for promoting their artists. They made Dua Lipa a big star after all. I just wish that this rollout will be better. 

It wasn't just Tap. Dua had a label machine behind her, Warner was really interested in making her big. 

Leigh is also from Warner but her playlisting is awful. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.