Leigh-Anne - "Stealin Love"

zeta

48 minutes ago, Exzime. said:

I feel bad for her. But her brand was to blame. She didn't put too much thought on creating a solid brand identity - just churning out good songs and that's it.

I think she made her whole personality 'poor me', it was non-stop the same thing about how people should feel sorry for her. She even said towards the end of the promo for My Love that she'll stop talking about her colour as much for the next single. I want to hear more about HER, she is not defined by her race. I say this as a POC before anyone dares come to me. She has so much priviledge being mixed race compared to those who are darker skinned, I can see why it rubbed people the wrong way.

Edited by The Slayer

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tbhmatt

• The Slayer

• Danai G

• WERKER

1 hour ago, The Slayer said:

Damage control?

Honestly one of the biggest problems with her lack of "success" so far is that they haven't successfully created or built an imagine of Leigh-Anne outside of "Leigh-Anne from Little Mix" 

This statement at least gives me some hope that she and her team are addressing that and trying to create her own identity through the music and will let the material do the talking.

I've said it before, but she doesn't need to be hugely successful to have a good, solid solo career. Release consistent solid bodies of work and shed the ".. from Little Mix" angle (that means stop talking about it in interviews etc) and let people get to know her as an individual.

23 minutes ago, The Slayer said:

I really like this, I think this style of music suits her voice perfectly. I am personally very excited to hear the full song, sounds great to me.

• Like 1

What time is this dropping? Midnight or 6pm BST? I've seen the latter on Twitter but it's not been officially confirmed I don't think 

I loveeeed the first snippets she posted about this in early february but the full song doesn't sound the same somehow or have the same feeling for me, I dislike the trash can beat she added that starts the chorus at around 0:38 and keeps banging throughout.

I listened it only on spotify but hopefully the mastering and mixing sounds better in apple music when it's midnight here

and so short😭 I would've like it to even have some sort of bridge and not just verse-chorus-verse-chorus structure. I hope I'll warm up to this but the full song is a bit lukewarm as of now. 

local midnight release, out now in NZ

Edited by alexaalto
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, alexaalto said:

out now in NZ

Have you heard it? Excited that it's a local release

• Like 1

Just now, SinnerCity said:

Have you heard it? Excited that it's a local release

yeah I used vpn to listen it on spotify officially:) gonna stream it on AM when it gets released here in less than 9 hours. I guess I was expecting a bit different version of it:

34 minutes ago, alexaalto said:

I loveeeed the first snippets she posted about this in early february but the full song doesn't sound the same somehow or have the same feeling for me, I dislike the trash can beat she added that starts the chorus at around 0:38 and keeps banging throughout.

I listened it only on spotify but hopefully the mastering and mixing sounds better in apple music when it's midnight here

and so short😭 I would've like it to even have some sort of bridge and not just verse-chorus-verse-chorus structure. I hope I'll warm up to this but the full song is a bit lukewarm as of now. 

• Like 1

There is no reason for this song to not have a bridge.

1 hour ago, alexaalto said:

15 minutes ago, zeta said:

There is no reason for this song to not have a bridge.

Is it as bad as I imagined by these reviews :deadbanana2:

3 minutes ago, The Slayer said:

Is it as bad as I imagined by these reviews :deadbanana2:

It's not bad, it just never reaches a climax because it lacks a bridge. I also think the demo sounded fuller.

• Like 1

The song is actually not bad. It's better than the snippets for sure.

It does end quite abruptly though...

yea it isn't bad, but I think the amount of teasing just made the hype and expectations too high. and as @zeta said the demo sounded a bit fuller and imo more vulnerable. also the fact that it doesn't have a bridge doesn't help at all.

and on top of that while she is "flopping" this should have been the track to help her gain back the label's trust and audience's attention but I think given the current song it won't make much/any noise. I hope I'm not right on this and it would become a hit for her.

i truly hope she'll succeed in her solo career or even at least create great body of work cause I love all of my little mix girls and want their solo albums so bad:heart:

anyways I'm gonna stream it as much as I can for her

• Like 1

I like this! she is 3/3 for me

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

she be looking gorgeous

She looks beautiful, I can't wait to listen. Hopefully I'll love the full version as much as I've liked the snippets.

• Like 1

She looks stunning, especially the shot in red!

I'll give my review when the song is out here in less than an hour.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.