Israel-Palestine Conflict 2023/ 2024 Mega Thread

Ryan

The AP’s reporting an IDF spokesman is insisting the Rafah, Egypt border crossing is still open for Gaza refugees (the only one left) but Hamas is now saying it’s unusable because of the air-strikes. :coffee2: So now what :coffee2:

• Like 1

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cloröx

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

• Aethereal

22 minutes ago, FOCK said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyHcJwbOM5B/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

When Hamas is treating civilians, political prisoners and children with more dignity & respect than the IDF has ever shown, what does that make them? 

https://www.ynetnews.com/article/bjtnza1111p

Peaceful indeed

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Carter said:

i can say the same about IDF so what’s your point? they never treated the people of palestine with respect not dignity and they don’t have the basic human rights as anyone should, why only mattered when it happened on the stolen land

Who says you can't say that though?

My point is that you are being deliberately ignorant by saying Hamas treat people with respect after they shot hundreds of people at the music festival, dragged mutilated bodies across the street while celebrating, etc. How you can't see the problem in your statements is beyond me.

• Like 9

Just now, Hurem said:

Who says you can't say that though?

My point is that you are being deliberately ignorant by saying Hamas treat people with respect after they shot hundreds of people at the music festival, dragged mutilated bodies across the street while celebrating, etc. How you can't see the problem in your statements is beyond me.

im not the one who posted the statement btw, and i never defended hamas killing people, AGAIN ALL I DID WAS STOP THE NARRATIVE HAMAS BAD ISRAEL GOOD

7 minutes ago, Carter said:

@ProudLBS why are you reporting me because i used the same agreement you used? 

girl go defend hamas or whatever

Edited by ProudLBS

2 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

girl go defend hamas or whatever

girl go donate to the IDF or whatever 

16 minutes ago, Espresso said:

The AP’s reporting an IDF spokesman is insisting the Rafah, Egypt border crossing is still open for Gaza refugees (the only one left) but Hamas is now saying it’s unusable because of the air-strikes. :coffee2: So now what :coffee2:

Egypt isn’t (and hasn’t been) letting refugees in anyways

Which is what I mean when I say the Arab world could be doing more to ACTUALLY help Palestinians, as opposed to using them as political pawns in their rhetoric against Israel. There’s a historical precedent why, but still more could be done than just finger wagging.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

Which is what I mean when I say the Arab world could be doing more to ACTUALLY help Palestinians, as opposed to using them as political pawns in their rhetoric against Israel. There’s a historical precedent why, but still more could be done than just finger wagging.

Egypt is literally surrounded on every border by countries in conflict. :rip: They have been handling a refugee crisis almost non-stop since 2010, although conflict in Libya has relatively cooled off lately.

I would rather see the oil states take them. But we know they won't lift a goddamn finger.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Riverbank said:

Egypt is literally surrounded on every border by countries in conflict. :rip: They have been handling a refugee crisis almost non-stop since 2010, although conflict in Libya has relatively cooled off lately.

I would rather see the oil states take them. But we know they won't lift a goddamn finger.

Hamas is also related to the Muslim Brotherhood group that the Egyptian government is terrified of, another reason Egypt is wary of letting Gaza Palestinians in :katie:

Edited by ZIVERT

4 minutes ago, Riverbank said:

im in egypt right now, and egypt is so fragile right now they can’t handle a new big wave of refugees, people can barely eat here

Just now, ZIVERT said:

Hamas is also related to the Muslim Brotherhood group that the Egyptian government is terrified of. :katie:

they kicked all of the brotherhood groups and it’s allies, they have bigger fear than the brotherhood believe me

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

im in egypt right now, and egypt is so fragile right now they can’t handle a new big wave of refugees, people can barely eat here

Another result of Russia’s war on Ukraine. I’m sorry Egypt is going through that, I hope the situation will improve soon :cries:

📰 Israel is only the first target, warns Hamas Commander in resurfaced video

Footage of senior Hamas official Mahmoud al-Zahar calling for world domination has resurfaced online. “We believe in what our Prophet Muhammad said: “Allah drew the ends of the world near one another for my sake, and I have seen its eastern and western ends. The dominion of my nation would reach those ends that have been drawn near me," Zahar said in the video that was published on MEMRI TV in December of 2022, 

“The entire 510 million square kilometers of Planet Earth will come under [a system] where there is no injustice, no oppression, no Zionism, no treacherous Christianity and no killings and crimes like those being committed against the Palestinians, and against the Arabs in all the Arab countries, in Lebanon, Syria, Iraq and other countries," he said.

https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/article-765304

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

Egypt is really struggling right now and surrounded by countries in conflict.  They have already taken many refugees but I can’t really blame them for not being able to handle a rapid influx of 2 million people. 

7 hours ago, bad guy said:

As others have stated it's not a black and white issue. There are innocent people caught in the crossfire of both the Israeli government and by Hamas, and the sheer history of that region alone is so nuanced and complicated that it's very easy for people to quickly choose "sides" right now instead of viewing this as a tragedy for everyone living in that region. 

The violence perpetuated by the Israeli government, and particularly the IDF, has been abhorrent for decades. I don't think anyone can deny that. That said, this coordinated attack by Hamas is equally heinous and it's been weird seeing people online be so dismissive of this. I don't see how raping/mutilating/shooting/bombing Israeli women, children, and elderly is in any way a serious step for Palestinian sovereignty. If that were the case Hamas would be attacking the government or Netanyahu, as that is who have had their hands in Gaza suffering for years. I've been seeing subtle arguments online that Israeli citizens somehow got what's coming to them because of their "silence" on the ills of their government, which is not only disingenuous but dangerous. Hamas attacking civilians is purely out of malice. And just like IDF's killings of Palestinians, this too is indefensible behavior. Parading the body of a dead woman in their trucks and praising God for her death, while the men and boys on the street spit on her dead body is not going to do anything for Palestinian freedom. In fact, this is going to put them directly in danger as Netanyahu will use this as an excuse to cause even more violence.

The only side anyone should be on is the side of non-violent peace efforts by both parties, which unfortunately will not be happening anytime soon.

For clarity, while I think everyone agrees that Hamas' war crimes against civilians are needless and cruel, the bold seems to miss out on that the Palestinian offensive (which include more groups than just Hamas) largely did include operations against military targets.

It's almost impossible to discuss the logistics of what has happened - and Western media has basically erased the subject from headlines - as some will frame words like "success" as somehow approving of attacks on civilians, but with such out the way, it's been largely discussed by Israeli, Palestinian and outside officials alike that the offense against military operations have been shockingly successful on the end of Palestinian forces.

- Government infrastructure destroyed, including high-tech fences worth tens of millions of dollars.

- Military vehicles and weapons largely funded by US $ seized, compromised, and destroyed

- The foiling of what the Western world once hailed as the most powerful intelligence force in the world

- The Iron Dome seemingly having been countered with new technology that makes it not cost-worthy

Posts elsewhere mentioning "Islamism" read at odds with reality when Hamas is the main example of this extremism yet historically is a counter-force itself propped up by Israel, while secular, left-wing groups are currently participating in offenses against military operations that don't seem to reach the media.

"Nuance" seems to be the go-to word for certain liberal factions, but it's actually an easily understood and nuanced view that the actions or crimes of Hamas can't and won't deter the greater Palestinian resistance movement. 

Edited by Communion
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, ZIVERT said:

To correct the record, the Rafah crossing is currently unusable because it is being heavily bombed by Israeli airstrikes:

If Egypt were accepting Palestinian refugees, Israel would be currently bombing them as they try to flee and cross.

Edited by Communion

Further threats made by Israel re: Egypt and the Rafah crossing:

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

This just further shows how actions are only “shocking” and “horrible” when they are committed by a certain side.  When the IDF, a terrorist organization with the aim of eradicating Palestine, commits crimes it is just considered normal. 

We are so busted. Last night, Myanmar military made artillery strike on civilians for the nth time. A lot of innocent lives were lost. Nobody does anything.

Ukraine is still being invaded by Russia.

And now this Israel issue.

We need to get rid of Xi and Putin.

Not lost on me how everyone quick to condemn the violence on both sides or whatever is just going to silently dissipate now that Israel is on a murderous rampage in Gaza… 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, byzantium said:

This just further shows how actions are only “shocking” and “horrible” when they are committed by a certain side.  When the IDF, a terrorist organization with the aim of eradicating Palestine, commits crimes it is just considered normal. 

were in 2023 and the world is supporting and praising those who call people animals and siege 2.3m of those “animals”.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.