Samantha Urbani - 'Showing Up'

AlexLockhart

a3295486333_10.jpg

Out now.

found.ee/showingup

SOPHIE's and Blood Orange's ex-collaborator Samantha Urbani (you might heard her in Dev Hynes 'Cupid Deluxe' 2013 album) has finally released her debut LP long after her first EP 'Policies of Power' (2017).

'Showing Up' is an ode to late 80s and early 90s pop music — but in a very unique, sophisticated way. If you give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, LOTF said:

I absolutely love what she did with Dev.

What did she work on with SOPHIE though?

It has to be 'Nothingly' (with Danny also!) she's on backing vocals only, but the fact they worked together is already a blessing to me :heart:

3 minutes ago, Galaxy said:

Give us more "1 2 3 4" and "Hint & Implications" queen!

Then you'll definitely love the album, all the singles are very close to these songs! 'Time Keeps Slipping' and 'Showing Up' are BOPS

• Thanks 1

DIY: 5/5

https://diymag.com/review/album/samantha-urbani-showing-up

The Upcoming: 4/5 

https://www.theupcoming.co.uk/2023/09/19/samantha-urbani-showing-up-album-review/

It's a shame she's such a noname so there won't be a metacritic page, neither P4K review :katie: I guess

The record gets better with each listening

• 3 months later...

Are you kidding me? This is amazing :jonny: Discovered it a bit late but I'm obsessed with Guiding Star 

• Thanks 1

Weren't there rumours that Lorde is working with Dev for L4? The absolute collapse L4 would be if that's true and she serves a sound similar to Urbani's album. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.