• cockatoo

• madonnas

• ATRL Moderator

Omg that BB song.. rip, deserved 10+ spots higher 

• ATRL Moderator

cuqM3Jh.png

SHIRT

Average score: 7.69

High score: 10 (@a_d_22, @Soda Pop Queen, @brokee, @creativity., @Sanguine)

Low score: 2 (@CBC)

Two years before its release as the third single from SOS, this Darkchild-produced trap&B jam about a new fling who’s doing too much was already viral. The realm was, of course, TikTok, where a snippet originally posted to Instagram became fodder for a dance challenge that SZA herself eventually participated in. Fans uncertain how to refer to the song began calling it “Shirt,” which SZA later adopted as the actual title. Powered by a Dave Meyers-directed music video, co-starring LaKeith Stanfield as the Clyde to her Bonnie, it would debut last fall at #11 on the Billboard Hot 100 and climb to #2 on rhythmic radio. Publications including Billboard, NPR, Dazed and The Fader ranked it highly on their year-end lists.

Best bit: “Feel the tastе of resentment/Simmеr in my skin”

ATRL says…: “That scene in the music video of her firing the gun repeatedly takes me out every time :deadbanana2:@cockatoo laughed.

Damn these 5 were all great. I’m genuinely shocked as it was is still in

42 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

iInhxVr.png

F2F

Average score: 7.64

High score: 10 (@supaspaz, @a_d_22, @Achilles., @creativity., @Norte, @Taemira, @Ace Reject)

Low score: 2 (@BlackoutZone, @cockatoo)

The spirit of Skye Sweetnam enters SZA on this raunchy pop-punk anthem about ******* around to get revenge on an ex whom she worries doesn’t miss her as much as she does him – a truly unexpected genre swerve for Solána that also happens to be the best track on SOS. With an assist from Lizzo on writing and background vocals, it’s the 2004 revival that we didn’t know we needed, putting Machine Gun Kelly and Willow to shame. While “F2F” may not have finished in the top ten of this countdown as it deserved, it gave SZA her first alternative hit, debuting at #3 on the chart from its streaming strength, and earned a mention from NPR as one of the songs of the year.

Best bit: that trilling post-chorus synth is a magnificent hook that you’ll be trying to whistle for days

ATRL says…: “Yeeeess Avril Lavigne!” @Rev8 cheered. @a_d_22 agreed it’s the “best song on the album.” @madonnas marveled that “it shouldn’t work BUT IT DOES.”

How did this Avril reject make it so far? :rip:

• ATRL Moderator

The president switched it up for his year-end list. "Shirt" is there, "Break My Soul" and "Saoko" stuck around, but "Ojitos Lindos" got swapped out for "Tití Me Preguntó" and "Music For a Sushi Restaurant" is gone.

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

How did this Avril reject make it so far? :rip:

What's your address? I'll send you an order of q-tips from Amazon.

• ATRL Moderator

Why, yes, Beyoncé does have nearly half the remaining songs.

MOTOMAMI
“Saoko”
“Candy”
“Hentai”
“Bizcochito”
“La Combi Versace” with Tokischa
“Despechá”

UN VERANO SIN TI
“Tití Me Preguntó”
“El Apagón”

HARRY’S HOUSE
“As It Was”

RENAISSANCE
“Cozy”
“Alien Superstar”
“Cuff It”
“Break My Soul”
“Virgo’s Groove”
“Move” ft. Grace Jones and Tems
“Heated”
“All Up In Your Mind”
“America Has a Problem”
“Pure/Honey”
“Summer Renaissance”

SOS
“Kill Bill”
“Blind”
“Snooze”
“Ghost In the Machine” ft. Phoebe Bridgers
“Good Days”

• ATRL Moderator

And we will be losing an album before the top twenty...

Ethel Cain being on that list is so funny to me :bibliahh:AND PLAINS how would that man know about Waxahatchee at all :bibliahh:

I think most of this update was fairly placed!

7 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

And we will be losing an album before the top twenty...

what if it’s Un Verano and not Harry’s Shack :biblio:

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, kimberly said:

what if it’s Un Verano and not Harry’s Shack :biblio:

hmm, Shirt is the only song from this set that I absolutely love. I feel like it should have been as successful as the other SOS singles. 

Also, F2F is a cute attempt at something rock-y but I don't know if it's putting anyone in the sub-genre to shame, esp. someone like Willow who is more Alternative and Hard Rock than Pop-Punk but anyway... 

Overall, I don't think this set of songs should've outlasted some of the songs that have been eliminated previously.

2 hours ago, supaspaz said:

8LtalK4.png

OJITOS LINDOS

ft. Bomba Estéreo

Average score: 7.66

High score: 10 (@supaspaz, @305, @brokee, @Reverie, @4Real, @State of Grace., @Norte)

Low score: 3 (@Soda Pop Queen)

This gorgeous genre mash – put some cumbia horns on a reggaeton beat and swaddle it all in a hazy indie-pop melody! – is the loveliest moment on Un Verano Sin Ti. A duet with the Colombian band Bomba Estéreo, whose singer Liliana Saumet offers a female counterpoint, “Ojitos Lindos” finds Bad Bunny enamored of a woman with eyes so beautiful that he feels reborn gazing into them. Released as the album’s ninth single earlier this year, the music video adapts the pre-chorus (“Ante' de que salga el sol, hunde el acelerador/Aunque vaya sin freno' y pierda el control”), with Benito getting into a car crash after a series of dates and connecting with a puppy in recovery.

Best bit: “Bye-bye a los culos, ni me despedí” (yes, Bad Bunny manages to fit an ass reference into even a sweet love song)

Tuh.

...Tu y yo...

...Tu y yo...

...Tu y yo...

(Tu y yo, tu y yo)

:'( 

Or the part where he just hums yeah that's real singing

I clicked on this thread thinking you were calling Harry the male Janet Jackson :deadbanana2:

Why is Obama not listening to Tinashe is what I want to know, he's clearly not averse to flop girlies :bird:

Low out is a tragedy but we cheered at F2F finally going. I don't listen to SZA for...whatever that was :redface:

I think Shirt's placement is pretty fair

• ATRL Moderator
16 minutes ago, cockatoo said:

Why is Obama not listening to Tinashe is what I want to know, he's clearly not averse to flop girlies :bird:

His gay intern failed him! Why wasn’t he streaming “Bouncin’”?

• ATRL Moderator
59 minutes ago, Soda Pop Queen said:

Also, F2F is a cute attempt at something rock-y but I don't know if it's putting anyone in the sub-genre to shame, esp. someone like Willow who is more Alternative and Hard Rock than Pop-Punk but anyway... 

To be fair, I’m definitely not listening to a Willow album!

Maybe I should change the reference to Demi Lovato. Regardless, SZA put them all to shame!

3 hours ago, supaspaz said:

1zGm8xC.png

DELIRIO DE GRANDEZA

Average score: 7.69

High score: 10 (@CBC, @4Real, @kandicha, @Ewan Chaos, @madonnas, @Quicksand, @V3$$3L.)

Low score: 4 (@BlackoutZone, @Taemira)

This is Rosalía’s “It’s Oh So Quiet” moment. On the otherwise remarkably forward-looking Motomami, she momentarily goes retro with a fairly faithful cover of Justo Betancourt’s 1968 bolero “Delirio de Grandeza,” albeit with a few modernizing twists, including a Soulja Boy sample. A promotional music video follows Rosalía on a camping trip in the woods.

Best bit: “Tú sabiendo que mi alma se moría/Con amigos entre copas te reías”

ATRL says…: “Enjoying the old timey vibes of this. It feels like it should be accompanied by a black and white video,” @cockatoo figured. @Ewan Chaos marveled that the “sampling is so good ughhhhhhhhhh.”

Man, it’s ridiculous
I got you so delirious
Kiss me through the phonе
While I lick you just like licorice

ditto-dumper-ditto.gif

DELIRIO DE GRANDEZA is cute, but surprised it made it so far

F2F and Low haters will burn in hell tho

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.