The Weeknd responds to Rolling Stone's allegations with an Idol clip!

Baby Judas

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HeavyMetalAura

• chosensparkles

• Jessie

• Protocol

I can't defend him after seeing that clip :skull: 

4 hours ago, God_Donna said:

All these gay ass pop stars. Where have all the MEN gone? 

Honestly......Abel Tesfaye practically sneezes glitter

15 hours ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

I feel like the Minka Kelly and Sydney Sweeney stories put Sam in a positive light. They literally came to him and said "I don't feel comfortable/I feel like this is too much" and he conceded because he wanted to make them feel comfortable. As the creator he certainly didn't have to make changes to his script, but he did. 

Not saying that you were suggesting it puts Sam in a negative light - you may have just been referencing it to back up the RS article's claim that Sam planned gratuitous sex scenes for The Idol - but I do think its an interesting conversation to have, because people so often reference the Minka/Sydney asking for changes story as though it paints Sam negatively, when in reality it just demonstrates that he really is willing to listen to his female actors so that they feel comfortable. 

how is it a positive light when they said "im uncomfortable by the gratuitious nudity that you have written for my character." no one should HAVE to say that...

7 hours ago, God_Donna said:

All these gay ass pop stars. Where have all the MEN gone? 

:biblio:  Disgusting comment.

What are y’all talking about :biblio: This is a TV script, an artistic venture, a story being told. It doesn’t have to be censored or woke, it can be explicit, raw and evoke emotions and conversations. This whole censorship and woke progressive liberal conservatism is the worst thing to happen to society. 

Cut to next year when the show is actually out and the tone makes sense and everybody is creaming over it like they do euphoria. Like clockwork 

3 hours ago, Bad_vocal_technique said:

:biblio:  Disgusting comment.

Get over it 

7 hours ago, R`0`K`R said:

This is so cringe and he looks ridiculous with that blowout 

:dies:

@Walk_Away21

I am howling :bibliahh:

3 hours ago, family.guy123 said:

Cut to next year when the show is actually out and the tone makes sense and everybody is creaming over it like they do euphoria. Like clockwork 

Kinda true. People will convince themselves every HBO show 10/10.

If this is a PR stunt, then it's a terrible PR stunt because using assault to promote a TV show is not a good look at all.

6 hours ago, yonsé said:

how is it a positive light when they said "im uncomfortable by the gratuitious nudity that you have written for my character." no one should HAVE to say that...

Writers can write whatever they please, and if the actor doesn't like it, they may choose to seek other roles. Actors are employed to play the part as written, and Euphoria has always been a sexually provocative show. The fact that he altered his own vision to make his actors feel comfortable really speaks to his character, in my opinion. 

54 minutes ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

Writers can write whatever they please, and if the actor doesn't like it, they may choose to seek other roles. Actors are employed to play the part as written, and Euphoria has always been a sexually provocative show. The fact that he altered his own vision to make his actors feel comfortable really speaks to his character, in my opinion. 

that's not how hollywood works at all. when an actor signs on to do a show they are on contract to do such and getting out of said contract is an expensive battle that could cost them their career. and they don't get scripts as soon as they sign on. barbie ferreira walked off of the euphoria set because she was uncomfortable. now she's nowhere to be seen. blackballing is real. just because Sydney and Minka got lucky doesn't mean dozens of other women who do not have their status or looks aren't pressured into being nude for the sake of a man in power who has a sexual fantasy. like hello? there was a whole movement about this in 2017?

Edited by yonsé

• ATRL Moderator
58 minutes ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

thank goodness this is so easy to do  :clap3:

4 hours ago, Walk_Away21 said:

I am howling :bibliahh:

Imagine leaving the hairdresser looking like this, walking on set, and thinking rape fantasies are ~edgy~ for your show

spacer.png

Girl….

Its crazy to me that HBO is resorting to using a topic like rape to generate PR for this show :deadbanana4:

Ummm did he miss the point of his own show I do not feel like we're supposed to be on the rapist's side particularly against Dan Levy :rip: His character sounds like the most arrogant "influencer" cringeworthy dickhead, this is not the drag he thinks it is :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.