The Weeknd responds to Rolling Stone's allegations with an Idol clip!

Baby Judas

3 hours ago, AvadaKedavra said:

This will destroy his career. All my mutuals on twitter are exposing his misogynistic past. Damn :gaycat6:
This is also gettin traction on tiktok :rip:
I thought he was a really nice guy :emofish: why all the males in the pop industry turn to be problematic? :biblio:

Are you never listened to his music or something? :rip:

Toxicity and misogyny is part of the appeal, if not THE appeal.

Saying he’ll be cancelled for that is like saying people will cancel Chris Brown for beating people up or Future for constantly cheating :smiley:

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HeavyMetalAura

• chosensparkles

• Jessie

• Protocol

31 minutes ago, BletaRexher said:

Because it’s a bunch of closeted men who have had their dick sucked off by every publication. They have to project an image of how much ***** they get because it’s really femboy bussy coating their dicks in a grindr concoction of stds. These slowly build up over the years and as they get more famous they acquire new femboys. Once they have been inside of twinks across the globe they develop Egosemination. This disease attacks the brain and makes any attempt at their masculinity feel like a threat to their life. This is a really serious disease and I wish we’d talk about it more.

:rip:

This weird fanfic.

OT: This show is gonna be a mess and I can’t wait to watch.

yes, your proliferation of hatefulness and misogyny for hbo viewers' pleasure is upsetting indeed abel

18 minutes ago, bad guy said:

:rip:

This weird fanfic.

OT: This show is gonna be a mess and I can’t wait to watch.

Let a girl dream

Im Sorry but this video was perfect as response to Rolling Stone 

Abel Shade in a classy way & at the same time he promotes new show… he is a genius :clap3:

57 minutes ago, Lovesong said:

Saying he’ll be cancelled for that is like saying people will cancel Chris Brown for beating people up or Future for constantly cheating :smiley:

Only the new songs :gaycat4:the poppy ones :gaycat2::heart: but i really like them. Save your tears is one of the best songs i ever heard from this decade :gaycat3:

1 hour ago, Ivan_brit said:

Im Sorry but this video was perfect as response to Rolling Stone 

Abel Shade in a classy way & at the same time he promotes new show… he is a genius :clap3:

always giving the weirdest replies on this forum

3 hours ago, Lovesong said:

Yeah the way they don't understand these men driving radios love male stars  singing about grooming women :gaycat7:.

And your favorite pop girl gets radio airplay when she fits musically or estetically (both is the best combo) with the male gaze. 

#facts. 

Edited by vale9001

2 hours ago, #Beautiful said:

always giving the weirdest replies on this forum

probably thinking one's insta post is also genius so not surprised

People thinking this will derail his career :priceless: men are incapable of being cancelled

I truly love this music but he's so corny... Like, he really thought he ate in that bad acted clip :dies:

Wait, are people surprised at The Weeknd being misogynistic? 
That’s like… his whole career :deadbanana4:

Yeah I knew he should just stick with the music :rip:

tragic. i’m glad grammys cut his ass out.

All these gay ass pop stars. Where have all the MEN gone? 

• ATRL Moderator
13 hours ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

I read the entire article, and yes that was one of the scenes I was talking about. Again, to me, that scene depicts the depravity, manipulation, and horror that goes on behind the scenes in the music industry. I’m sure you’ve heard about the awful things that R Kelly and Marilyn Manson (to name a few) have done with their power. Scenes like the one described above are, sadly and horrifyingly, realistic. It makes complete sense to include one in a show about the manipulation and sexual exploitation of the industry. I’m sure it would be hard to watch had it been filmed, but that’s the point. It’s hard to tell a story like The Idol - I imagine, given it’s premise - without some stomach-churning scenes. 

And it’s also quite disturbing that, simply because the scene was written, you automatically project that depravity onto Abel and Sam. Maybe we should assume that anyone who’s ever written a horror film actually wants to murder people too. The lack of logic :skull:

Sam Levinson has not once demonstrated the ability to write empathetically and sensitively about issues outside of his lived experience, so even if the scene was written with good intentions, I would have serious concerns about material of that nature being written by two men. It is entirely possible to write about the horrors and degradation of the music industry without - like those involved in the production themselves say in the article - feeding into those horrors yourself.

Benefit of the doubt is all well and good but, judging by Levinson's previous material, I have no reason to offer it.

40 minutes ago, bluebirdsforever said:

Sam Levinson has not once demonstrated the ability to write empathetically and sensitively about issues outside of his lived experience, so even if the scene was written with good intentions, I would have serious concerns about material of that nature being written by two men. It is entirely possible to write about the horrors and degradation of the music industry without - like those involved in the production themselves say in the article - feeding into those horrors yourself.

Benefit of the doubt is all well and good but, judging by Levinson's previous material, I have no reason to offer it.

Nvm. Your opinion is your opinion. I have plenty of reason to offer benefit of the doubt by my judgments. 

Edited by HeavyMetalAura

I don’t think it takes that much to understand both sides of the coin here….people are (rightfully) upset about those disturbing scenes that for whatever reason didn’t make it to the shooting stage, and his apparent sexist approach to the show…while Abel is likely upset that his show is getting slandered while the good words of people who are actively involved in the show are seemingly being ignored.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.