The Weeknd responds to Rolling Stone's allegations with an Idol clip!

Baby Judas

yikes, i couldn't even recognize him.. this was pretty bad. tho he's right and RS is pretty irrelevant.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HeavyMetalAura

• chosensparkles

• Jessie

• Protocol

He should've just ignored them.

Worst actor of all time I fear :biblionny: like Harry Styles is an excellent actor compared to him  

shoVSol.png

loser attitude

Good for him (despite the bad acting nnn). 

I won’t comment about the messiness of the BTS stuff, but the reaction of the r*pe and SA scenes. I’m confused at the reaction. It’s quite interesting how no one seems to have an issue with action and horror movies having gratuitous gore and murder (in fact, were there not cries from the queer community for a gorier M3GAN, resulting in the unrated version being released on Peacock?), yet scenes depicting the depravity and horror of SA tend to be a problem. The scenes described are disturbing, yes, but they shed light on the fact that:

1. Many people - especially survivors of SA, as research has shown - have r*pe fantasies

and 

2. The abuse of power that famous people like Abel’s character can get away with using fame-hungry individuals (especially women)

and 

3. The low places that fame-hungry individuals feel they must go to to achieve fame. 

Why are we okay with gory horror movies, but not this? It’s simply portraying a hard truth. Perhaps try a PG rated movie, or a children’s cartoon, if you don’t want to watch shows that reflect difficult realities.

This whole “we must represent this particular issue in one particular way, and we can’t discuss these issues at all” nonsense is giving fascist Republican, so it’s curious that my fellow liberals seem to be the ones pushing the agenda. It’s scary. 

MadonnasBoyfriend

He thought he ate :biblio: So corny like his wig

Edited by MadonnasBoyfriend

I hope Die For You ends up being #2

2 minutes ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

I won’t comment about the messiness of the BTS stuff, but the reaction of the r*pe and SA scenes. I’m confused at the reaction. It’s quite interesting how no one seems to have an issue with action and horror movies having gratuitous gore and murder (in fact, were there not cries from the queer community for a gorier M3GAN, resulting in the unrated version being released on Peacock?), yet scenes depicting the depravity and horror of SA tend to be a problem. The scenes described are disturbing, yes, but they shed light on the fact that:

1. Many people - especially survivors of SA, as research has shown - have r*pe fantasies

and 

2. The abuse of power that famous people like Abel’s character can get away with using fame-hungry individuals (especially women)

and 

3. The low places that fame-hungry individuals feel they must go to to achieve fame. 

Why are we okay with gory horror movies, but not this? It’s simply portraying a hard truth. Perhaps try a PG rated movie, or a children’s cartoon, if you don’t want to watch shows that reflect difficult realities.

This whole “we must represent this particular issue in one particular way, and we can’t discuss these issues at all” nonsense is giving fascist Republican, so it’s curious that my fellow liberals seem to be the ones pushing the agenda. It’s scary. 

Knowing Sam's past works i heavily doubt that this is his intentions at all. Also the fact the writers themselves we're uncomfortable says it all.

and 

and 

that's not the problem, it's how HE MADE the show change vision bc he wasn't the main focus and didn't like the "femine lens" of it all

and supported the toxic masculinity and gratuitous rape fantasies instead

not that it's shocking since his music is full of that

Shitty acting, You can see the Shits creek guy trying his best to make up for these two snoozefests

The cheap ass wig.....

shoVSol.png

the acting :deadbanana2: 

he thought he ate that

Edited by hallucinate

Everything I’ve thought about him turned out to be true :bibliahh:

Cringe acting :clap3:

Embarrassing dialogue :clap3:

Immature response to serious accusations that his stans will pretend to ignore :clap3: 

3 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

that's not the problem, it's how HE MADE the show change vision bc he wasn't the main focus and didn't like the "femine lens" of it all

and supported the toxic masculinity and gratuitous rape fantasies instead

not that it's shocking since his music is full of that

I said I wasn’t commenting on that stuff and was exclusively talking about the outraged reaction to the SA scenes, which drove the majority of the conversation in the original thread and online. I just wanted to comment about how concerning and potentially extremist those views are. 

Re: the other stuff, The Weeknd is the co-creator of the show, so my understanding is that if the show doesn’t fit his vision, he should have at least some ability to change it. I do empathize with the first female director though - seems she walked into an unfortunate situation. 

RS is the Buzzfeed News of music these days, he cleared. I’ll reserve my judgements of the show once it’s actually out, which I would advise the rest of you to do as well so you don’t end up looking like internet reactionaries with egg on your faces.

4 minutes ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

and 

and 

Hunny the point isn’t that the show centres on an abusive relationship, but that the female director was essentially let go for giving too much focus to the “female perspective” as Abel put it, and Sam Levision came in and added gratuitous scenes of sexual violence and rape fantasy bullshit that were so extreme on page that they were essentially unfilmable and the whole shoot sounds like an absolute train wreck.

But sure intellectualise it all you want and turn this into some partisan cultural issue wierdo.

This is just showing that 1. the writing is a mess 2. the acting is atrocious

I said I wasn’t commenting on that stuff and was exclusively talking about the outraged reaction to the SA scenes, which drove the majority of the conversation in the original thread and online. I just wanted to comment about how concerning and potentially extremist those views are. 

Re: the other stuff, The Weeknd is the co-creator of the show, so my understanding is that if the show doesn’t fit his vision, he should have at least some ability to change it. I do empathize with the first female director though - seems she walked into an unfortunate situation. 

ok just say you love him and keep acting blind

1 minute ago, Domination said:

RS is the Buzzfeed News of music these days, he cleared. I’ll reserve my judgements of the show once it’s actually out, which I would advise the rest of you to do as well so you don’t end up looking like internet reactionaries with egg on your faces.

Rolling Stone - provides sources to document how ****** up production of a show was.

ATRL User Domination - “reactionaries!!!!”

Just now, Jessie said:

Hunny the point isn’t that the show centres on an abusive relationship, but that the female director was essentially let go for giving too much focus to the “female perspective” as Abel put it, and Sam Levision came in and added gratuitous scenes of sexual violence and rape fantasy bullshit that were so extreme on page that they were essentially unfilmable and the whole shoot sounds like an absolute train wreck.

But sure intellectualise it all you want and turn this into some partisan cultural issue wierdo.

If you argue that intellectualizing complex issues such as the ones presented in the Rolling Stone article is a bad thing, I’m not sure I can take anything you say seriously. 

Seeing that The Weeknd is the co-creator of the show, he does, I imagine, reserve the right to make changes. I do feel bad for the director who was fired, and I do think there’s an element of misogyny there, but my understanding is that producers hire directors, and if the director isn’t directing in the way the producers want, they can be fired. It’s a shame and it’s certainly something to be investigated, but on paper it seems as though they were within their rights. 

“Weirdo.”

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.