Golden Hit: Season 3 📀 Congrats to TruGemini! ✨

fountain

VQOLn-vvR-Xn7S7E92Na9neDpW6KBOYN2dM2XqyNJfrtkpu_HNcuWurq3BRsoqhyJpM282hYpC8hg_TIu280axA2s9WzpayKkmmhnu97u1Mqt9kfIW5XGJV0sJzzMbMxjjjmdYUirM2nV2_diOizY-Y

After taking us to water and setting sail for (hopefully!) acclaim and high scores in Round 3, we have another down to earth challenge in store for you this week to help guide you home from the seas. This round, we’ll be celebrating (or mourning)…

pnObFjnwgnBMXjwJzpRXyticvz-2EEKh0hZsPSgft_jaDHN5_yJT_Yeayw9RVOWrkeP7xoJDsifJs5KKECEWcwXcKJOfGTP-iCAHJsshvMQIdWW8QwyvDEtBtcCISDVJgFO7Lrw5I_6jAqzkTYSlgYk

The upcoming contentious day itself! February 14th, aka Valentine’s Day,  means many different things to many different people. Some people love it, some people hate it. Some people will spend it with their significant other, some people will spend it single. And, for some people, they couldn’t care less and the day has absolutely no significance to them at all. Regardless of whatever the day will be for you and what it represents for you, we want to take this opportunity to have a round focusing specifically on love related songs

Now, there are many different types of love, so to be precise we are looking for songs that depict a romantic love. You can take this theme in any way that you desire, it does not have to be a loving or happy song, in fact you can do the exact opposite if you wish, but ultimately what we are looking for are songs that involve some kind of commentary on romantic relationships. Whether that is a happy ongoing relationship, a blooming relationship, or an active breakup, the aftermath of getting out of a toxic relationship, or on the opposite side of the spectrum you could offer perspectives from a single person who is longing for a relationship, somebody who has never been in a relationship, or even the viewpoint of somebody who is asexual/aromantic etc., there are many ways that you can take this so try to avoid pigeonholing your ideas into only one sort of lane. As always, get creative and interpret the challenge in your own way to create a concept that you are happy with and that will demonstrate your writing talents

Entries are due via Google Form submission by February 16th, 11:59PM eastern

If there are any questions feel free to tag us and ask.

Good luck, have fun, and thanks for being our date this Valentine’s! :heart:

@Legend E @Kylie Jenner @Julia Fox @worldwide angel @JonginBey @Hooker Barbie @XO_Life @Euterpe @Remmy @Element @Invisibility @Blue. @TruGemini @8thPrince @mxtthewdelrey @beatinglikeadrum @EpicSongFan  @JoeAg  @DatChickDoe @Augmented @sugarshine

TsKSjMzcTuhB87DdcY7BzMTDiCtKco94RwkVu72ju9Gx0x69vDw2YkY72LqZQYN0CxxKhsdT4iUv0uJzjOL4T8j9DOKzURhQd2oAd2ySKdEE9577kPQA75d4Vyo9s_zNodxRcX__s1vtddW10fRLCKw

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Legend E

• Invisibility

2 hours ago, fountain said:

@Invisibility - Water Breaks in a Lunar Mare

WHAAAAAAAAAAT. Omg. I am actually stunned at you taking this water theme challenge and using it as an opportunity to write about your birth and have it be represented through the amniotic fluid… like wow I could not have ever expected such an interpretation of this challenge, this is simply amazing. This is just a beautiful song honestly, from beginning to end. The description of your formation and eventual premature birth and what led to it is just stunning… “stunning” really would be the overall adjective I’d give this song because it’s just so far from anything that I expected, but so perfect and such a thoughtful take on the challenge. It truly shocked me, in the greatest way. This will be among my shorter reviews, but that’s because I don’t really think there is anything to try and pick apart or provide commentary on here; it’s just a remarkable written piece and a spectacular use of the challenge to write something so touching and personal. Really, really amazing job. Every entry of yours just keeps getting better, and I hope the upwards trajectory continues on even from here! So good. This will definitely stand out as one of the most memorable entries from this game for me, I find this to be a rare stroke of brilliance and artistry

Ahhh thank you for writing so warmly about my song! :jonnycat: I'm happy that taking an unconventional route with what water could represent (water=life=the placenta) was the right choice. Also at one point I was afraid that the lyrics could be interpreted as a pro-life song skskdkdkdk :biblionny: hopefully I didn't come across that way!

Called it! I was predicting this to myself earlier. :duca: (even though it is pretty easy to guess this week :fan:)

I think something that could help others would be to look at the Ancient Greek ideas of different forms of love. Not all forms would apply to this challenge but it could spark inspiration and offer some direction, since love is something that can have various aspects but is typically compressed to a more digestible understanding of it.

I'm in a romantic mood so this is perffff. Platonia GONE

WaiT not love songs! I have an idea I've been wanting to write about but it's... very fetishy :lakitu:

Edited by Invisibility

I hate love.

1 minute ago, Invisibility said:

WaiT not love songs! I have an idea I've been wanting to write about but it's... very fetishy :lakitu: is any of our panel into male asfr?

The way I tried to Google this and had several revelations :hoetenks: :dies:

The true definition of it is giving Femmebot, I'm here for it!! :gaygacat9: maybe Sophia can make a cameo in the music video? and HOPEFULLY with a WIG! I love the bald look but I gotta see her with a wig and a wind machine - I think with that kind of slayage she would snatch our edges to synthesise more wigs for herself and destroy us all :jonny6:

Best Sophia Robot GIFs | Gfycat

:gaycat3: Yeah my advice to anybody who isn’t feeling so loving at the moment is that you can still write the absolute antithesis of what the typical love song would be, as long as you still frame it around a narrative of a relationship. There are definitely more options than it may seem at first, just try and get conceptual with it. You don’t have to just write a stereotypical or simplistic love song! 

thank u for your review @fountain :heart: glad you liked my song

anyway this love challenge will be ******* hard to me because i will dedicate this to my dear friend. just in time she arrived to Chile after a some days struggling to get her out of Prague. Hope my song made justice to Consuelo and you like it enough! 

1 hour ago, sugarshine said:

The way I tried to Google this and had several revelations :hoetenks: :dies:

The true definition of it is giving Femmebot, I'm here for it!! :gaygacat9: maybe Sophia can make a cameo in the music video? and HOPEFULLY with a WIG! I love the bald look but I gotta see her with a wig and a wind machine - I think with that kind of slayage she would snatch our edges to synthesise more wigs for herself and destroy us all :jonny6:

Best Sophia Robot GIFs | Gfycat

Akdkdkdkfk girlie I thought I edited my post quickly enough that no one had noticed :rip: stan Sophia though! Maybe I can write the next SOPHIE - Ponyboy (feat. Mistress Sophia) yeah

1 hour ago, fountain said:

Also lemme look up male asfr on incognito mode… is it like asmr? :keir:

Spoiler

It's attraction to androids, male robots and automatons basically :chick1:

11 minutes ago, Invisibility said:

Akdkdkdkfk girlie I thought I edited my post quickly enough that no one had noticed :rip: stan Sophia though! Maybe I can write the next SOPHIE - Ponyboy (feat. Mistress Sophia) yeah

Reveal hidden contents

Age-Specific Fertility Rate popped up for me, I was so confused but tried to be accepting of someone with such a fetish :deadvision: I was like whew y'all getting creative now sksksksk

I was getting mixed signals with Google giving me Age-Specific Fertility Rate, robots and real human men. :skull: I was like so which one is it???? :psyduck: but thankfully Urban Dictionary got it together :clap3:

wg17edI.png

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been active in the thread. I noticed I got Augmented's name wrong in my document last week and I was too ashamed to post in here because of it. Apologies for that! Anyway, I am positive I got everyone's name right this time.

If there's anything you'd like removed from your review (or anything I said to be expanded upon) just let me know!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13eTFWfwA6RqZ-fN7Inm4WLjpkyc-JC_cblLORt0JZc4/edit?usp=sharing

@DatChickDoe @Julia Fox @Legend E @beatinglikeadrum @worldwide angel @Invisibility @JoeAg @Euterpe @Element @TruGemini @sugarshine

Flop

3 hours ago, Invisibility said:

Okay yes definitely not similar to asmr then! Love this concept though… this is definitely what I mean when I say even though this is a Valentine’s/love/relationship based round, you can still do something outside the box instead of just the expected and traditional kinda songs! Love that 🤖

Hey Hitmakers, my reviews will be coming soon-ish. Sorry for the late-ish reviews this time, busy work weekend and other things just meant I wasn't up to judging last night and I didn't want to subject you to (potentially) negative-skewed reviews, y'all deserve better than that.

...a good thing too, because y'all stepped it up this round! Not an average song in sight, I fear. Water imagery always wins. :fan:

Ribbon-Reviews-S3-Aurora.png

Hey, Hitmakers! I've never hid my love for water imagery, but even taking that into account y'all absolutely swept me up this week!

In fact, this round now has my second highest average score of Golden Hit thus far, only behind GH2's Dreamscape challenge. :duca:

I really want to stress how well you all performed this week. Whatever you did during these writing sessions, please keep doing it!

As always, if there is anything in your review you do not wish to be public, just let me know and I will remove it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OzSpX7wLAv-xRL87tzekGieDy5NrzqWOvJBtyFr6dK8/edit?usp=sharing

@DatChickDoe@Julia Fox@Legend E@Invisibility@beatinglikeadrum

@worldwide angel@JoeAg@Euterpe@Element@TruGemini@sugarshine

Oh yeah, I forgot to make note of this but I decided to specifically comment on your song titles this week because there were so many great ones and I think a title is a very important part of capturing one's attention and setting the tone for the song! Your scores obviously weren't impacted, it's just a cute comment to convey my first impressions. :keir:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.