K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

14 minutes ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

What the hell, not the 4am jst teasers :redface: it's serving :duca:
Not the JULY release :)

JYP just spoiled the entire song wth lmao that instrumental isn't the title track is it?

• Replies 132.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

JYPig is really teasing MIMOSA since February and releasing in July? :deadbanana4:

26 minutes ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

JULY!?

JYPee is going too far with these long-аss tease periods

The way I’m still streaming Beautiful Christmas. An all-year-round bop!

spacer.png

32 minutes ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

I AM QUAKING :jonny5:

by the way:

XG Shooting Star in Japanese charts WEEK 2:

Billboard Japan Hot 100: #26 (+1) (2 weeks charting)

Oricon: #38 (=) (2 weeks charting)

3 minutes ago, Flomik said:

by the way:

Smash :jonnycat: 

13 minutes ago, Flomik said:

by the way:

Yes talent is winning 

i know it’s a Japanese debut but July ? Omg. 

46 minutes ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

Not the JULY release

The way my late non-notifications having ass was perched for Misamo until you posted the July release date. :skull: Is it not February?!? What was the reason? :rip:

2 minutes ago, AbsynthPop said:

The way my late non-notifications having ass was perched for Misamo until you posted the July release date. :skull: Is it not February?!? What was the reason? :rip:

Honestly I was expecting late april-may since it's the usual gap they have since they drop the teasers... but july, almost august at that is wild :rip:

The mini has 6 songs (including the ost) so maybe they'll do a proper rollout with more than 1 single :coffee2:

I'm actually not sure about Oricon, I have no idea how it works and when it updates, the design is so odd and the Google autotranslate makes things harder :rip:

maybe it wasn't even updated yet so I'll be checking on it within next few days to clarify @Dialamba @Supervillain

Edited by Flomik

2 hours ago, katyberry said:

So hybe IS a foster home for aespa :worship2:

imagine the collapse of  aespa, le sserafim & newjeans all being under the same company 

HYBE's interest in acquiring LSM's shares was known for some time, at least since 2021. Many news agencies reported it.

But the word is that they pulled out of talks quite quickly, after reading through SM's accounts and also after LSM refused to agree to any sale unless he could remain as a creative director. So HYBE (and CJ ENM, who was also interested) walked away.

But with LSM's new lawsuit, if Kakao's purchase gets invalidated, HYBE could potentially re-enter talks again...

1 minute ago, Pluto2022 said:

The way I’m still confused and still don’t know whether it’s Billboard Japan Hot 100 or Oricon that is the official chart of Japan that determines whenever someone has a top 10 in the country etc. :dies:

Like which chart is the most important? 

no idea but that's what I found on Reddit:

Like someone else said, Oricon only tracks physical. Billboard tracks physical sales, digital sales, YouTube, GYAO!, streaming from Apple, Recochoku, LINE, Rakuten, KKBOK, AWA, and Google Play, streaming counts on Petit Lyrics, and Twitter mentions.

5 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

The way I’m still confused and still don’t know whether it’s Billboard Japan Hot 100 or Oricon that is the official chart of Japan that determines whenever someone has a top 10 in the country etc. :dies:

Like which chart is the most important? 

They're both important, but Oricon is more weighted towards physical sales (it only recently started counting digitals in a combined chart since 2018, before it was physicals only). Billboard Japan takes into account more sources (physical, digital download, streaming, SNS etc.) so it's a more accurate picture of what's popular in Japan.

So basically Oricon is more like Circle/Gaon and Billboard Japan is more like iChart kinda, as a very rough comparison.

Edited by Zack

1 minute ago, Flomik said:

no idea but that's what I found on Reddit:

Like someone else said, Oricon only tracks physical. Billboard tracks physical sales, digital sales, YouTube, GYAO!, streaming from Apple, Recochoku, LINE, Rakuten, KKBOK, AWA, and Google Play, streaming counts on Petit Lyrics, and Twitter mentions.

oricon tracks everything, it's just that they have several charts to divide physicals, streaming, downloads etc, their streaming chart provides specific streaming #s and all

And their combined single chart is basically the hot100 (since it tracks physicals, streaming and downloads combined into points) 

No baddies no baddies one Porsche is so Fire Truck coded just excellent nonsense noise.

7 hours ago, Butters said:

:jonnycat:

I'd say Sakura impact but not even IZ*ONE managed to pull these types of numbers :rip:

The Japanese promo must be on another level 

OT: July debut for MISAMO they're really not serious 

Edited by Billionaire

1 hour ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

Not July :rip: i mean I know the group comeback is coming in March and that’s gonna carry on for a while but why tease us this early with these gorgeous teasers :angry:

Mina serving main character energy  :WAP: All of them are serving though.

1 hour ago, DelRey said:

JYPig is really teasing MIMOSA since February and releasing in July? :deadbanana4:

Not that surprising. If that OST they released is anything to go by, they're gonna need all the autotune processing time they can get.

Some people never change in here with their eternal PRESSED energy :dies: and then they complain when we call them out lol

Right now I feel like this is how it’s gonna go:

March - Group mini

May- Jihyo solo

July - MISAMO

September - 2nd mini/Japan release (maybe not though)

October - World Tour

either way, we’re FED :fan:

Edited by Witnessed ET

13 minutes ago, Zack said:

Not that surprising. If that OST they released is anything to go by, they're gonna need all the autotune processing time they can get.

:priceless:

What a mess.