K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

So, 2024 will be ILL-DISBAND vs Baby Monsters vs SMNGG? Or did I miss anyone?

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, moxcy said:

ITS TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMEEEEEEEEEEE

NJ sound great, a little like Aespa honestly, but accompanying video is really cool actually.

2 hours ago, Dialamba said:

Nayeon cb when :WAP:

Hopefully next year now that Jihyo and mimosa are out of the way.

Why does it feel like NewJeans & IVE switched concepts.

Either Way & Gods are so off-brand for both :deadbanana2:

the amount of money these must make for them to keep pumping out merch and collabs:gaycatx:
where's the anime :clap3:

56 minutes ago, Flomik said:

So, 2024 will be ILL-DISBAND vs Baby Monsters vs SMNGG? Or did I miss anyone?

Hybe's koreaboo group too 

I hope theres a song on the RIIZE comeback that lets us really hear them sing

At this point the only one who has had any opportunity to shine vocally is Sohee

860370403_jiminiceecream.thumb.gif.3a757

4 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Hybe's koreaboo group too 

Aren't they going to promote mostly in the West like Little Mix, Fifth Harmony etc? I'm not sure if they count

3 minutes ago, Flomik said:

Aren't they going to promote mostly in the West like Little Mix, Fifth Harmony etc? I'm not sure if they count

idk girl, JYP's koreaboo group has been all over the korean music shows so I assumed Hybe's would be the same

NEWJEANS :WAP:

Their ability of never miss must be studied 

• Like 1

spacer.png

A campaign is coming? 

spacer.png

• Like 1

NewJennies track is cute, their voices actually stood out on this track; serving hidden vocal slayers with the right song  :eek:

YG finally releasing You & Me while staying quiet about everything else :toofunny3: we’ll probably randomly get an All Eyes On Me video next month seeing how they moving :coffee2:

On 10/2/2023 at 3:03 PM, Queenyoncee said:

We know that SM has been absolutely useless for the last few years, but the question still when will Yawn release? In the last vlog she said that she was coming back with an album. 

Knowing the way SM does their scheduling, a pre-release in late December with an album release in January. And then February/March will be SMNGG, unless NJ announce first and they have to avoid them.

On 10/2/2023 at 2:57 PM, Queenyoncee said:

The biggest female artist

Bild

Let me help you out there :coffee2: 

On 10/1/2023 at 10:02 AM, Century said:

weaboos(and especially ATRL because of the years of payola/gaslighting about f(x)) don't realize how hard f(x) bombed compared to their labelmates, especially newer ones. The music was incredible and Amber and Luna were both some of the fiercest aces from their gen but they continuously failed to reach an audience as big as their label-mates despite clearly having one of the higher production budgets. I often wonder if they had debuted after kpop's western explosion if things could have been different. :emofish:

F(x) bombed compared to Soshi, but so did literally everyone else. F(x) were still incredibly successful in their own right - didn’t they have an album outsell SISTAR’s entire career? They aren’t Aespa or RV level, but they still did well!

That being said, I didn’t really love Amber and Luna felt underutilized. Krystal was the selling point for the group and Victoria and Sulli were kind of the surprise stars. Luna reminds me of Wendy the way she was such a great vocalist and contributed so much yet never really took off how she deserved.

On 10/1/2023 at 9:40 AM, Panda17 said:

For you... AKA one of the biggest NewJeans antis of this forum.

NewJeans are excellent performers and their success is paramount to proving the legacy of my faves (SNSD) and my favorite creative director (MHJ). Why would I hate them when I was one of the first and only people to defend them in this thread on their debut?

That being said, I will not forgive HYBE for giving them TikTok’d songs without a bridge and no ad-libs. I can’t imagine stanning an artist and wanting them to constantly release 2:32 songs when they’re trained vocalists and capable of serving excellent vocals. Y’all have to learn that criticizing these labels is not equal to criticizing the artists.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Jini’s new track is excellent. I will be purchasing her debut and stanning.

”Gods” by NewJeans is just mediocre, but it shows the girls have a lot more vocal potential than we’ve previously seen. This bodes very well for their longevity.

• Thumbs Down 1

I miss them.. Their 2021 run in general was insane, and I hope their upcoming comeback has similar vibes to their 2021 discography.

More this and less “Spicy”, thank you

Edited by Pluto2022

Gods is actually so good, they sound amazing on the song too :jonny5: