Miley Cyrus - "Flowers"

P!NK2LOVE

10 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

OMG. Not her annihilating the two MUSIC INDUSTRIES. Can this keep increasing? I'm getting greedy and want that single day streams record too.

qW82HKa.gif

She’s the new Music Industry i fear

qW82HKa.gif

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tbhmatt

• Miley Cyrus

• Scars

• Walk_Away21

10 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

The power of the Gypsy Heart Tour (and Attention I guess)

qW82HKa.gif

You know they say, talent always prevails 

qW82HKa.gif

But seriously, i legit don’t know any current Western pop girl who smashes in Latin America, except for Dua (perhaps also Ariana and Adele when she released EOM). 

Flowers is easily the most global song since As It Was tho. Colombia knows what they’re doing

14 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

The power of the Gypsy Heart Tour (and Attention I guess)

qW82HKa.gif

The memories, such a good era. :cries:

Sold-out stadium tour dates at the age of 18, no one was doing it like Miss Destiny Hope! :jonny:

not sure why people are so shocked by this success, this is easily the most radio friendly song Miley has done in the past decade.. yes its not the masterpiece that midnight sky was but midnight sky didn't cater to the GP the way this. this is a safe radio formula instant hit.. the minute I heard it I thought of maroon 5 singles and bruno mars... is it the best of her discography ? no but its certainly a good song.. and if this is what it takes to put Miley in the discussion with Taylor and Olivia and Adele.. I'm here for it. 

Midnight Sky deserved but I'm so happy for Miley, she deserves another career high :heart:

Not it constantly increasing :ahh: 

if this hits 20M by Friday :jonnycat:

There should be zero doubt this song is an organic SMASH. Even my cousin (who hates miley) is obsessed with flowers :rip:

1 hour ago, SmashingMiley said:

You know they say, talent always prevails 

qW82HKa.gif

But seriously, i legit don’t know any current Western pop girl who smashes in Latin America, except for Dua (perhaps also Ariana and Adele when she released EOM). 

Flowers is easily the most global song since As It Was tho. Colombia knows what they’re doing

Talent always wins in the end 

spacer.png

15 hours ago, biomind101 said:

Her 2nd single is gonna be a SERVE, I just know it :jonny5:

I feel like she can pull a 1-2 punch this era like Bangerz!! As long as the 2nd song is also a bop she’ll have it!

Wait I kind of didn’t pick up on the success of this song till now. I liked it a lot on first listen and I’ve been bopping since it came out, but then my personal trainer mentioned she loved the song and she doesn’t know **** about the pop girls and never likes their music, but she stanned this.

So I came to this thread only to find out it’s absolutely stomping on records held by two of the biggest artists of all time and one of the biggest smashes ever. :skull: 

Good for Miss Miley. She deserves this! :clap3: 

1 minute ago, PurrKaty said:

I feel like she can pull a 1-2 punch this era like Bangerz!! As long as the 2nd song is also a bop she’ll have it!

I hope it won't be You Da One/Unconditionally situation and her label can expect and count all risks. She deserves to have great and huge era.

2 minutes ago, Fastlane said:

I hope it won't be You Da One/Unconditionally situation and her label can expect and count all risks. She deserves to have great and huge era.

She could always have a hidden banger like Dark Horse left on the album if she drops a 2nd single that flops. I feel like she’ll have at least a 2nd hit on the album regardless of it being the next single, unless Flowers is a completely different sound from the rest of the album and people jump ship lol

On 1/17/2023 at 5:14 PM, tbhmatt said:

WW

Fri - #3 (NEW) - 7,716,102

Sat - #2 (+1) - 9,631,889 (+1.9M / +25%)

Sun - #1 (+1) - 10,975,946 (+1.3M / +14%)

Mon - #1 (=) - 15,768,833 (+4.8M / +44%)

USA

Fri - #2 (NEW) - 2,238,425

Sat- #1 (+1) - 2,249,040 (+10.6K / +0.5%)

Sun - #1 (=) - 2,462,561 (+213.5K / +9.5%)

Mon - #1 (=) - 3,132,985 (+670K / +27%)

UK

Fri - #3 (NEW) - 402,589 

Sat - #1 (+2) - 542,173 (+139.6K / +35%)

Sun - #1 (=) - 689,423 (+147.2k / +27%)

Mon - #1 (=) - 958,845 (+269K / +39%)

Insane day-on-day growth :jonny5:

WW

Sat - #2 (+1) - 9,631,889 (+1.9M / +25%)

Tue - #1 (=) - 17,077,686 (+1.3M / +8.3%)

USA

Tue - #1 (=) - 3,581,498 (+448K / +14%)

UK

Fri - #3 (NEW) - 402,589 

Sun - #1 (=) - 689,423 (+147.2k / +27%)

Tue - #1 (=) - 975,415 (+16K / +1.7%)

% share of Top 10 streams (Tue)

WW - 26%

USA - 24%

UK - 27% 

Just insane. This is so fascinating to witness. 

6 minutes ago, PurrKaty said:

She could always have a hidden banger like Dark Horse left on the album if she drops a 2nd single that flops. I feel like she’ll have at least a 2nd hit on the album regardless of it being the next single, unless Flowers is a completely different sound from the rest of the album and people jump ship lol

Second single will more than likely be overshadowed. I see comparisons Bangerz vs TTT/Prism, and i feel Miley's next single will most likely fall in the latter category.
Flowers will be more successful than We Can't Stop, and on par with Roar/WFL + the lead single release date is again more similar to Roar/WFL, it's closer to the album release than We Can't Stop was.

However, really anything is possible here, and if they wait for March or album release date for the next single, it might actually get enough room to breathe.

11 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

WW

Sat - #2 (+1) - 9,631,889 (+1.9M / +25%)

Tue - #1 (=) - 17,077,686 (+1.3M / +8.3%)

USA

Tue - #1 (=) - 3,581,498 (+448K / +14%)

UK

Fri - #3 (NEW) - 402,589 

Sun - #1 (=) - 689,423 (+147.2k / +27%)

Tue - #1 (=) - 975,415 (+16K / +1.7%)

% share of Top 10 streams (Tue)

WW - 26%

USA - 24%

UK - 27% 

Just insane. This is so fascinating to witness. 

Do we have a chance to grow tomorrow or has this (finally) peaked?

qW82HKa.gif

17 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Do we have a chance to grow tomorrow or has this (finally) peaked?

qW82HKa.gif

Honestly? I couldn’t tell you. It’s not atypical for songs to grow Tuesday-to-Wednesday, the average increase again is usually only around the 100/200k mark.

Nothing about this release has been usual, though. The rate of growth has slowed down and I imagine it will continue to shrink, but I don’t think the song has yet peaked. I would expect another increase tomorrow, but possibly around the 1M or less mark. I am just guessing though. I could be proven completely wrong. 

The more streams you get, the harder it is to grow - especially at the rate this has grown. 

There is a very faint, but somewhat realistic, possibility that she could even surpass 100M streams in 7 days, which would be absolutely insane.

It would be a BIG ask, but it is feasible. She would need to do 19M~ streams for the next two days… her average daily increase so far has been 2M~ so it’s not completely out of the realms of possibility.

The thing that’s makes me think she won’t quite do it is the growth rate slowing down below the 2M+ mark. But.. it’s insane to think she could come close. 

On 1/17/2023 at 2:19 PM, MrLovett said:

Trying to insinuate that the success the song is achieving is down to the Spotify algorithm change is just so disingenuous. :skull: Maybe you'd have an argument if it wasn't absolutely dominating on every other platform. But she is. The song is also causing huge boosts for Bruno's song, as well as Noah's songs. Not to mention the videos on TikTok are just exploding.

The song is an unmitigated smash and there's nothing remotely fishy about its Spotify performance.

her last album debuted with 60k... its totally normal to question these numbers. 

hoping these numbers keep increasing :clap3: wonder if she can get close to 20M on friday. the numbers she's pulling here in germany are absolutely insane :jonny:

4 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

This is the trajectory so far

1st day — 7.71 million 
2nd day — 9.63 million 
3rd day — 10.97 million 
4th day — 15.76 million
5th day — 17.07 million

Fridays are known to be the biggest streaming days so if it remains growing steadily it should do ~20M in 2 days

I meant in the US (full first week). :lakitu:

Edited by ToMmY

4 minutes ago, revivedgomez said:

her last album debuted with 60k... its totally normal to question these numbers. 

I don't understand what relevance her former studio album has on the reliability of Spotify streams of her current single though. That's like saying the streams of "Drivers Licence" should've been questioned because the Bizaardvark EP didn't chart. What's the relation?

As I said, it would be fair to question these numbers if she wasn't also dominating on other platforms. But we've seen that she's already sold 40k digital downloads and amassed nearly 50M streams on YouTube. Which means the over-performance is happening across platforms.

4 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

I don't understand what relevance her former studio album has on the reliability of Spotify streams of her current single though. That's like saying the streams of "Drivers Licence" should've been questioned because the Bizaardvark EP didn't chart. What's the relation?

As I said, it would be fair to question these numbers if she wasn't also dominating on other platforms. But we've seen that she's already sold 40k digital downloads and amassed nearly 50M streams on YouTube. Which means the over-performance is happening across platforms.

I know that she's smashing on every platform, I just wonder how she's outdoing massive names like Taylor, Adele, Olivia, Harry, Drake etc by like 7M after underperforming on streaming for 5+ years. :chick1: I wouldn't be surprised if she was doing around 10M but 17M is just insane to me. But again the song really clicked with the GP and is reaching a wider audience so these numbers could be plausible!

But I'm extremely happy for her and hope the 2nd single clicks with me more than this did :clap3: 

7 hours ago, josesuxx said:

Isn't it bound to decrease when new songs come out on Friday? I really can't see it increasing after a full week but it's been surprising me each day 

7 hours ago, GRMusic said:

They mean the numbers published on Friday, which are thursdays streams.

Actually, Friday streams (the ones published on Saturday) are almost always higher than Thursday streams (published on Friday) - even for already released tracks.

Due to a combination of different factors but most likely because release day drives more traffic to the platform. 

9 minutes ago, revivedgomez said:

I know that she's smashing on every platform, I just wonder how she's outdoing massive names like Taylor, Adele, Olivia, Harry, Drake etc by like 7M after underperforming on streaming for 5+ years. :chick1: I wouldn't be surprised if she was doing around 10M but 17M is just insane to me. But again the song really clicked with the GP and is reaching a wider audience so these numbers could be plausible!

But I'm extremely happy for her and hope the 2nd single clicks with me more than this did :clap3: 

Let’s not forget that Miley shocked everyone in the past with We Can’t Stop and Wrecking Ball, breaking YouTube streaming numbers when YouTube was the main streaming source. She’s found that same pocket with Flowers and has really be rebuilding her image.

I can’t believe this is smashing so hard :ahh: SLAY!!! STOMP MILEY STOMP! I need her to die down in a week or two tho and give kill bill a week at #1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.