• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tbhmatt

• Miley Cyrus

• Scars

• Walk_Away21

3 minutes ago, Shelter said:

Have we ever seen a song rise every day like this.

It’s unprecedented i believe. @tbhmatt do you know any other song that had this kind of trajectory where it increased exponentially throughout the first week of release like this? 

3 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Feel like she might break all time single day record on Friday :jonny5:

What is the record again? 

So it’s safe to say headline making “shady” viral songs about your ex are bound to smash. Thank U Next being released on a Saturday during Pete’s SNL, Lose You To Love Me release about Selena/Justin, Drivers License release having something to do with Olivia’s ex Joshua Basset (smashing out of nowhere, big drama on TikTok), now Flowers release using the lyrics from her and Liam’s song etc (smashing out of nowhere, big drama on TikTok)

Also something to be said about the virality of people discussing artists “ripping off” other artists songs then checking them out for themselves. 7 Rings kept increasing because of Soulja Boy and that other girl rapper claiming Ariana stole their flows, now Flowers also increasing because people comparing it to Bruno’s song. When I Was Your man now resurgent on Spotify also.

(not to just compare it to Ariana but that’s just one of my biggest points of reference lol)

Edited by shookgrande

1 minute ago, Shelter said:

What is the record again? 

19.7M for Easy On Me

4 minutes ago, despy said:

what the actual **** :deadbanana2::deadbanana2::deadbanana2:

Not everyone in this thread and ATRL in general have the exact same reaction every time Spotify updates we’re truly living :deadbanana2: 

this will reach 100M in a week :WAP:

me remembering this could've been Mother's Daughter, Slide Away, Midnight Sky & Angels Like You's chart runs if the cards were played right

PopA911

Edited by despy

8 minutes ago, shookgrande said:

So it’s safe to say headline making “shady” viral songs about your ex are bound to smash. Thank U Next being released on a Saturday during Pete’s SNL, Lose You To Love Me release about Selena/Justin, Drivers License release having something to do with Olivia’s ex Joshua Basset (smashing out of nowhere, big drama on TikTok), now Flowers release using the lyrics from her and Liam’s song etc (smashing out of nowhere, big drama on TikTok)

Also something to be said about the virality of people discussing artists “ripping off” other artists songs then checking them out for themselves. 7 Rings kept increasing because of Soulja Boy and that other girl rapper claiming Ariana stole their flows, now Flowers also increasing because people comparing it to Bruno’s song. When I Was Your man now resurgent on Spotify also.

(not to just compare it to Ariana but that’s just one of my biggest points of reference lol)

So why did Slide Away make no noise

OT: Not 17M on the 5th day :deadvision:

:jonny2: This is so crazy
When will it peak? Where will it stabilize? I have truly no idea.. usually you can kinda tell but this time its impossible :deadbanana4:
Also really wonder what the album numbers will be like. Single #2 will be crucial to keep the momentum going

Listening to Plastic Hearts and it’s still THAT album. Literally no skips :clap3:

Isn't it bound to decrease when new songs come out on Friday? I really can't see it increasing after a full week but it's been surprising me each day 

10 minutes ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

A combination of lots of factors imo:
- she amassed a lot of gp goodwill in the last 2-3 years with live performances etc (before that it was still seen as kinda cool to hate on Miley)
- shes on a way better record label now, her promo and hype buildup was way better than anything since Bangerz era 
- Timing. Feels like we were in a bit of a drought of new hits in the last year or so.. so many old songs keep smashing and barely any new smashes came out or fade out quickly. The gp was hungry for a new smasha
- the song is more generic/gp friendly than Slide Away (note: I like Flowers and bop to it, its not meant to be shade.. its actually a compliment because this is how lead singles need to be to completely smash globally)

Also feel Miley was always a huge name she just needed the right timing and buildup to smash... Slide Away remains the far far better song tho (Slide Away 11/10, Flowers 8/10)

Edited by TaylenaStan

4 minutes ago, josesuxx said:

Isn't it bound to decrease when new songs come out on Friday? I really can't see it increasing after a full week but it's been surprising me each day 

They mean the numbers published on Friday, which are thursdays streams.

28 minutes ago, Shelter said:

Have we ever seen a song rise every day like this.

Drivers License in some way

16 minutes ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

see, I didn’t even put it together that Slide Away was even about anybody in particular. you could say the same about every love song ever created. but the difference with Flowers and these examples are they seem to make actual headlines and there’s a big ex/relationship drama conversation about them among the GP

(they’re all also just great songs so that helps. but can’t deny the relationship conversation helped propel them all)

2 minutes ago, shookgrande said:

see, I didn’t even put it together that Slide Away was even about anybody in particular. you could say the same about every love song ever created. but the difference with Flowers and these examples are they seem to make actual headlines and there’s a big ex/relationship drama conversation about them among the GP

(they’re all also just great songs so that helps. but can’t deny the relationship conversation helped propel them all)

Who cares, she’s smashing either way 

spacer.png

Does anyone know if Plastic Hearts (album) is close to Platinum in the US when it comes to total units?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.