Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

Just now, WeFoundTrouble said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95248df0ee08961c76e78

maybe we should go back to reporting each other over differing opinions. 

Let’s hear your opinion and see sis. Interesting that you’re calling people out for their opinions but won’t give your own.

spacer.png

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

14 minutes ago, Jaspurr said:

Meredith looks old as hell. The fact that she'll die in a few years. That'll be a moment in the fandom.

I’ve been saying I’m kinda purrched for the death of Meredith (and Olivia I guess). I know we will get an amazing album out of it

There are quite a few overrated tracks on folklore so I don't understand why mad woman and hoax are so disrespected. Both are excellent

hopefully we will get a taylor x selena collab on this album and SOME swifties are going to be PRESSED :falcon:

3 minutes ago, smoore95GAGA said:

Let’s hear your opinion and see sis. Interesting that you’re calling people out for their opinions but won’t give your own.

spacer.png

folklore skips: illicit affairs, mad woman, epiphany

evermore skips: dorothea, marjorie, closure

All other opinions are wrong.

1 minute ago, Souvenir said:

hopefully we will get a taylor x selena collab on this album and SOME swifties are going to be PRESSED :falcon:

No one wants that. 

Just now, Souvenir said:

I’m sorry but literally none of us want this and I can assure you it’s not happening (again) this time

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Sprawl said:

I hope she has a magazine cover prepared for next month, it’s about time 

spacer.png

Same. She hasn’t done proper editorials since literally 2019. We need the serves (something like British Vogue 2017/2019, ELLE 2019, etc but even better)

With how she hasn’t done them in so long, everyone will be GAGGED at slayful Tay magazine shoots dropping. Plus her likely teasing a bit about the album would be the cherry on top

Just now, Jaspurr said:

hoax is her best closer. Pure excellence.

I love the song but even Taylor admitted she doesn’t know what it’s about.. how can it be her best closer with that knowledge in my mind. 

Like omg the EMBARASSMENT of an artist not knowing what their own song is about. It makes sense from artists with writing camps who just sing what they’re handed but the songwriter of the decade just throwing words at the wall and not caring about the narrative? We lost. 

5 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

folklore skips: illicit affairs, mad woman, epiphany

EXCUSE ME?!?! YOU DARE SKIP THE BEST SONG ON FOLKLORE?!?!??!?!

spacer.png

You deserve a permaban just for that.

Edited by smoore95GAGA

3 minutes ago, Jaspurr said:

Does anyone else think Midnights was the album she was writing before the pandemic started and she decided to take a different approach?

I could see her having a lot of scrapped ideas from then carried over to Midnights but I imagine all the fully formed melodies and lyrics are from 2021-22. And let’s hope that’s the case because we don’t need an album with lyrics and melodies that were written by Lover era Taylor

I know folklore was written by Lover era Taylor but still. She got a spark of inspiration and a whole new outlook on music, I imagine whatever she would’ve made before that… wouldn’t have been much of an improvement over Lover, her most monotonous and melodically lacking album

1 minute ago, smoore95GAGA said:

EXCUSE ME?!?! YOU DARE SKIP THE BEST SONG ON FOLKLORE?!?!??!?!

spacer.png

You deserve a permaban just for that.

I stream it but that doesn’t mean it’s not a skip. The GP isn’t here for Taylor’s Enya impression and the streaming numbers show that.

Please lock the thread until the album release week, the amount of tasteless opinions on here are.....:gaycat6:

5 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I love the song but even Taylor admitted she doesn’t know what it’s about.. how can it be her best closer with that knowledge in my mind. 

Um, aren't you able to make your own interpretations? I always imagine she's singing about a miscarriage.

1 minute ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I stream it but that doesn’t mean it’s not a skip. The GP isn’t here for Taylor’s Enya impression and the streaming numbers show that.

I get it, most people can’t appreciate excellence and beauty. If society skips Epiphany, I’ll skip society :cm:

3 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Epiphany is a skip. 

8 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Like omg the EMBARASSMENT of an artist not knowing what their own song is about. It makes sense from artists with writing camps who just sing what they’re handed but the songwriter of the decade just throwing words at the wall and not caring about the narrative? We lost. 

Any given writer will experience that, it's not a big deal

Epiphany is her best song. Those who get it get it, but if you don’t you don’t

12 minutes ago, Jaspurr said:

Um, aren't you able to make your own interpretations? I always imagine she's singing about a miscarriage.

My interpretation of verse 1 is immediately canceled out by verse 2 which then immediately gets canceled out by the bridge. The song is full of contradictory writing and conflated themes. It’s madness, luv.

Edited by WeFoundTrouble