• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

Just now, luckythisway said:

I listened to evermore once & didn’t vibe with it. I only obsessively stan Taylor when I feel her projects, evermore didn’t click with me. Maybe I’ll give her another chance 

spacer.png

At the very least you should give the top 5 a chance: Ivy, cowboy like me, tolerate it, right where you left me, and either gold rush or champagne problems depending on who you ask.

People complaining about the folk+more takes in here but at least this is a fair fight between two god tier albums, unlike the unfair fight between GODputation and Loser (which needs not continue in here for the mods sake)

I’m sorry but evermore debuted with a third of the sales of 8/11 of her other albums for a reason. And it’s not bc of how closely it was released to folklore 

spacer.png

Edited by luckythisway

starting my relisten of her discography in preparation for when we inevitably start ranking albums again 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, luckythisway said:

I’m sorry but evermore debuted with a third of the sales of 8/12 of her other albums for a reason. And it’s not bc of how closely it was released to folklore 

spacer.png

Because it had no physical copies. Most artists can't reach 300k as it is let alone from streaming and digital sales alone

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95248df0ee08961c76e78

8 minutes ago, luckythisway said:

I listened to evermore once & didn’t vibe with it. I only obsessively stan Taylor when I feel her projects, evermore didn’t click with me. Maybe I’ll give her another chance 

spacer.png

It's the only Taylor album that didnt really click with me on first listen. Now I absolutely adore it though

perched for the track 11 title reveal because it’s consistently one of her best throughout her discography and contains some of my favorite songs ever (our song, forever & always, innocent, holy ground, i know places, dancing with our hands tied, invisible string, cowboy like me) 

spacer.png

Edited by inshadesofcool
adding songs

illicit affairs is top 5 on folklore and if you’ve been in the situation that she sings about before and get drunk and cry to it at 3 am, then some days it’s even top 1 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

It’s like a director putting out a movie that they don’t understand.. it’s bound to confuse the hell out of everyone. 

But art doesn't have any obligation on being understandable or easily digestible. And it does happen a lot more in writing than in movies but catch a Lynch film anytime... I'm sure he won't be able to explain every single creative decision

1 minute ago, inshadesofcool said:

illicit affairs is top 5 on folklore and if you’ve been in the situation that she sings about before and get drunk and cry to it at 3 am, then some days it’s even top 1 

spacer.png

Agree. It’s so underrated & the chorus melody is one of her best. 

That’s the think about illicit affairs 

and clandestine meetings

and stolen stares 

They show their truth one single time 

but they lie, and they lie, and they lie

a million little times 

spacer.png

Godputation about to become only her SECOND album with ALL tracks having over 100M streams on Spotify:clap3:

L**** couldn't do it.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95248df0ee08961c76e78

Mad Woman is T5 on Folklore, lord knows how she placed dead last in the ATRL Folklore Rate 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95248df0ee08961c76e7835d2e5306e25d2355f115d&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Illicit affairs on the other hand is the worst song on Folklore, but it's a Jack song, so i'm not surprised.

The Lakes is the worst song if u count the Deluxe, but again it's a Jack song so

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95248df0ee08961c76e7835d2e5306e25d2355f115d&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Folklore essentials (most to least): Cardigan, august, seven, betty, mirrorball, the lakes, the last great american dynasty

Folklore almost skips (least skippable to most): illicit affairs, this is me trying, invisible string, peace, hoax the 1, exile

Folklore skips: my tears ricochet, mad woman

evermore essentials (most to least): gold rush, coney island, cowboy like me, right where you left me, marjorie, happiness, dorothea, evermore, champagne problems, tis' the damn season, ivy

evermore almost skips (least skippable to most): long story short, willow, it's time to go no body no crime, tolerate it, closure

illicit affairs is one of the best songs on that album and could never be a skip :heart2: others can't relate :lakitu:

4 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

Mad Woman is T5 on Folklore, lord knows how she placed dead last in the ATRL Folklore Rate 

Illicit affairs on the other hand is the worst song on Folklore, but it's a Jack song, so i'm not surprised.

The Lakes is the worst song if u count the Deluxe, but again it's a Jack song so

Just PMd you my psychiatrist number and the facility he directs for mentally ill patients. :heart:

16 minutes ago, inshadesofcool said:

perched for the track 11 title reveal because it’s consistently one of her best throughout her discography and contains some of my favorite songs ever (our song, forever & always, innocent, holy ground, i know places, dancing with our hands tied, invisible string, cowboy like me) 

spacer.png

I Know Places is track #12 though

spacer.png

Considering how awful some of you's taste is, can we talk about Midnights and drag her again for this awful rollout instead like she deserves?

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, RuflesCando said:

Folklore essentials (most to least): Cardigan, august, seven, betty, mirrorball, the lakes, the last great american dynasty

Folklore almost skips (least skippable to most): illicit affairs, this is me trying, invisible string, peace, hoax the 1, exile

Folklore skips: my tears ricochet, mad woman

evermore essentials (most to least): gold rush, coney island, cowboy like me, right where you left me, marjorie, happiness, dorothea, evermore, champagne problems, tis' the damn season, ivy

evermore almost skips (least skippable to most): long story short, willow, it's time to go no body no crime, tolerate it, closure

You left out the best song on both albums sis